IGNORED

Elden Ring - E3 2021 Trailer in First Post

Broker

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, that looks ace. I roll my eyes at the "it's Dark Souls again! :omg: " conclusions, because I'm always more excited about a new direction, but this looks like they've amalgamated bits and pieces from their old and new games to create something interesting, and dropped it in a bigger world.

Wow a lot revealed yet a lot not revealed. It looks amazing, but also there was a sense of Ubi-fication? From games live and die by their systems, it seems you can be terribly OP with magic/swords/agility/strength not sure how that's going to work. Also the Sekiro jump and no fall damage? but oh that boss, yes please! Crafting, not so sure on that. But yeah I like being restricted to certain build types, if that's gone and you can just do anything I'm not sure how I'd feel about that? A lot of the animations were familiar but that doesn't concern me, definitely scope for online trolling - co-op stealthing past huge monsters? I imagine randoms would aggro those mobs, i know I would be tempted to haha! Anyway I can't fucking wait, this will be immense. Day fucking 1, I'll even book the day off I think.

You can already see it's going to be such a fantastic world to explore. Love the look of the weapons and enemies on display here and that map is gorgeous.

Also, the art direction. 🥰  I don't even like fantasy much, but From keeps knocking it out of the park 

Spoiler

enough fantasy for now though From, please do sci-fi next!

9 minutes ago, Minion said:

Wow a lot revealed yet a lot not revealed. It looks amazing, but also there was a sense of Ubi-fication? From games live and die by their systems, it seems you can be terribly OP with magic/swords/agility/strength not sure how that's going to work. Also the Sekiro jump and no fall damage? but oh that boss, yes please! Crafting, not so sure on that. But yeah I like being restricted to certain build types, if that's gone and you can just do anything I'm not sure how I'd feel about that? A lot of the animations were familiar but that doesn't concern me, definitely scope for online trolling - co-op stealthing past huge monsters? I imagine randoms would aggro those mobs, i know I would be tempted to haha! Anyway I can't fucking wait, this will be immense. Day fucking 1, I'll even book the day off I think.

It looks more BOTW x Dark Souls than Ubi open world game

12 minutes ago, Minion said:

Wow a lot revealed yet a lot not revealed. It looks amazing, but also there was a sense of Ubi-fication? 

Yeah, I'll definitely give From the benefit of the doubt but I hope the open world is there to add something rather than water down the experience by wandering around a map that's too big, collecting useless shit that I have in abundance by the credits. The castles, etc look brilliant.