Elden Ring - Colosseum PVP Update Out Now

Broker

12 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Oh man, what a disappointment. That tiny figure looking up at that enormous thing looks fantastic. Was ripe for a great NPC quest.

When I finally ended up there I was having a hard time beating him until he did his dragon wings charge attack and flew off the edge and died. I cheered. Better than a quest :D 

8 minutes ago, Parappa said:

I think you can purchase them?

I've bought all the ones I can.

3 minutes ago, Girth Certificate said:

Have you been to the Haligtree area yet? I used a couple there I think but I don't believe there are any linked to cheevos, just spells and talismans and whatnot. 

Yes thats all done and dusted.

47 minutes ago, robdood said:

Crumbling Farum, just did a boss called

Hide contents

Godskin duo

first try!  Defo feeling a bit OP by this point! :D  Loving it though, me and my mimic with our claymore/rivers of blood combo, we smashing shit up!

Spoiler

These cunts gave me some serious trouble. They're like Ornstein and Smaug on steroids and the devs definitely know it!

The fat one and the thin one, the pillars, the music having similar motifs...

In fact the music being the typical "Godskin" music you'll have heard from their other fights suddenly changing into an entirely new and panic inducing piece as they resurrect their fallen comrade is just fucking brilliant.

17 minutes ago, Uzi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You use a warp gate at the four belfries but its not a NPC. Just a normal crucible knight enemy. Not worth going there. 

Spoiler

You use an imbued key at the third tower down at the Four Belfries

Did it myself yesterday after realizing I still had a couple unused :)

38 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

Question for those at/past Crumbling Farum

I'm down to my last couple of Stonesword keys (after activating a lift there) from spending them willy nilly all over the place.
Is there anything ahead of me where I absolutely MUST keep them for? Thinking about trophies I could miss etc.

I've ended the game with like, a dozen odd spare. It's generous with stuff to not lock people out of stuff I think.

6 minutes ago, Benny said:

Hide contents

These cunts gave me some serious trouble. They're like Ornstein and Smaug on steroids and the devs definitely know it!

The fat one and the thin one, the pillars, the music having similar motifs...

In fact the music being the typical "Godskin" music you'll have heard from their other fights suddenly changing into an entirely new and panic inducing piece as they resurrect their fallen comrade is just fucking brilliant.

Lol my mimic just threw sleep pots at them. They worked! I had ten second periods during the fight with no enemies to fight, bizarre. :D

I'm loving the fact that even some of the least common achievements that require a bit of work to get are still done by about 10% of the players on Steam. People are REALLY rinsing this game and it's beautiful.

its a tough fight but it feels great once the tide turns and you are down to only one and know you are going to beat him. Unless you get greedy on the last hit and die like a total arsehole :seanr: 

A lot of people mention that sometimes you'll go somewhere on a hunch and then it'll turn out that was where you were supposed to go all along. I wonder how they manage that. Is it just purely level design genius, are there little subliminal things that draw the players eye in a particular direction, do they just have people play test the levels and then adjust the layouts to match where they went :lol:  

2 hours ago, Mike S said:

They are indeed.

I sometime see red messages too, which are something to do with NPC invaders I think?

I'm playing online so was mostly ignoring these until a second play through until i noticed one from a familiar NPC which ended up giving me a nice item for helping his fight with another NPC. First time i visited Alexander's uncle in Cealid i thought he was a mute surrounded by bloodstains, found out yesterday he actually offers a neat little side quest (challenge) with a great reward. 

Not too productive for my last few seconds - brick walls at the end of every path I'm on...

Spoiler

Fire Giant blocking my way on the main quest.Baleful Shadow blocking my way on Ranni's quest. Commander Neil blocking my way on... Not sure what quest or why i want to kill him, but he's there so why not. Astel Naturaborn of the Void blocking me in another direction.

Not helped by the fact that summons signs don't seem to be appearing in my world for any of those bosses. Is that just bad luck or do some bosses just not let you summon other players for help?

you should definitely see summons for Neil. Even if they disappear quickly. If you put down your own sign and don't get summoned you might be way under or overlevelled but I doubt it.

(If you open up the map and hit (I think) one of the shoulder buttons it adds blue and red circles to show online activity around each location.)

thought I'd try and spend some time progressing during lunch break so went back to the tower with Miriam in it....  beat her , felt quite good about that, put the thing on the thing so the thing happened and went to explore and 

ach fuck not again...

can't be arsed.  I'm going to take a break for a bit and play Kirby for the next few days.  I'm getting needlessly pissed off now about practically everything.  Once I've washing my mind with some lovely Kirby cuteness, I'll go back to it.

Last night I got to an especially...bloody area

Spoiler

(Mohgwyn).

Are you supposed to do much here except level up and go on Benny Hill-style suicide runs? There are high-level enemies everywhere, and one of the grace sites (the one where you can rune farm) doesn't seem to go anywhere. I'm level 120 now with 50 vigour, but those blood birds can merk me in two hits. I turned off the game last night after I went into the palace area, so maybe there's more to be found after the boss.

I finished Sorceress Sellen's quest last night as well. Can anyone explain the ending to me?

Spoiler

I sided with her and we both ganked Jerren in the Grand Library, then Rennala disappeared and was replaced by Sellen. When I reloaded the area, however, Rennala was back and Sellen had been transformed into one of those giant stone sorcery heads, which was pretty fucking bleak. Renalla didn't say anything new, either.

What are we supposed to infer from that? Rennala overpowered her again and trapped her in a giant head?

Despite my strict "no following guides" personal policy, I'll give a hint as to the ending I eventually got:

Spoiler

SPOILERSZ?!

Spoiler

It fits so perfectly I honestly don't think it's a coincidence. I mean the song is based on the Welsh myth after all.

7 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Last night I got to an especially...bloody area

Reveal hidden contents

(Mohgwyn).

Are you supposed to do much here except level up and go on Benny Hill-style suicide runs? There are high-level enemies everywhere, and one of the grace sites (the one where you can rune farm) doesn't seem to go anywhere. I'm level 120 now with 50 vigour, but those blood birds can merk me in two hits. I turned off the game last night after I went into the palace area, so maybe there's more to be found after the boss.

I finished Sorceress Sellen's quest last night as well. Can anyone explain the ending to me?

Reveal hidden contents

I sided with her and we both ganked Jerren in the Grand Library, then Rennala disappeared and was replaced by Sellen. When I reloaded the area, however, Rennala was back and Sellen had been transformed into one of those giant stone sorcery heads, which was pretty fucking bleak. Renalla didn't say anything new, either.

What are we supposed to infer from that? Rennala overpowered her again and trapped her in a giant head?

My take on that:

Spoiler

Is that Sellen and the other old mages were obsessed with restoring the Primal Currents. but when you read some of the item descriptions (I can't remember exactly what they were), there is some suggestions that what happens to Sellen is the same as what the other horrible spheres were the product of: Sorcerers who got too close to the energies of the Primal current and it warped them physically beyond recognition. In other words, the other mages knew there was good reason and consequences not to be messing with it and that was why they were cast out of the order in the first place.

As for Rennala, she basically resurrects after you kill her, the first time, so I think she is functionally immortal. Her resurrection magic seems strong enough that whatever happened with Sellen, once Sellen's control of the academy was lost when she was taken by the Primal current, Rennala was able to come back by resurrecting again.

51 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

There are others?!

Ha, yes.  You must've seen one by now!  There are big statues on top of some special catacombs.  You start the game by exiting one.  Have a look at the building, there are a few more dotted around the world. 

38 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Not too productive for my last few seconds - brick walls at the end of every path I'm on...

Hide contents

Fire Giant blocking my way on the main quest.Baleful Shadow blocking my way on Ranni's quest. Commander Neil blocking my way on... Not sure what quest or why i want to kill him, but he's there so why not. Astel Naturaborn of the Void blocking me in another direction.

Not helped by the fact that summons signs don't seem to be appearing in my world for any of those bosses. Is that just bad luck or do some bosses just not let you summon other players for help?

I did a lot of helping people with A, NotV and Neil. Try summoning pool things if you haven't already. I just sent my sign to those and people were summoning me instantly.

5 hours ago, df0 said:

I'm convinced it's neigh impossible to complete Elden Ring without any guide, it's needlessly obtuse.

Nah, you're even told where to go by the grace lights and there's nothing too obtuse on the critical path. The only major missable thing is summon upgrading, which could be missed easily if you didn't know about talking to NPCs over and over until their lines run out. Without it the end of the game would be harder, although still far from 'neigh impossible'.

• Broker changed the title to Elden Ring - Colosseum PVP Update Out Now