Elden Ring - Colosseum PVP Update Out Now

Broker

7 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Hehe yep. I've been trying to recreate our Demon Souls witch build (complete with snow queen hat in honor of Yuria) that you and me did in our first playthroughs together so gone in heavy on Int (80) and Mind (got around 200FP) with enough to weild the moonveil but been spanked for ignoring vit. Gonna hit that up to 60 now because don't need anything else now bar survivability.

Niiice! Yeah, that will see you through no problem. I think I had 65 INT (plus the astronomer talisman for +5), 40 VIT, 30something DEX (I mean, gotta put those stats somewhere) and at least 30 END as I wanted to wear the scale armour. I shoulda put on the big floppy hat though, I regret not doing that!

I’ve been using the Night and Flame sword on my current playthrough (respecced around level 70) and I have no idea what to do with my stats - it’s basically been OP right from the off! Super fun if you want to just ignore boss patterns!

I think next up I’m going to try a big hitty smash man, and then maybe invest in some lightning when I get bored of just spamming R2…

30 minutes ago, omus said:

Never mind, did it 😂 

Here was muggins not using a flask of wondrous physik (sp) 

Fair, took me 45 minutes to get there in the end, I’d just beaten Rennala so I had to grab the dectus medallion pieces, do the Draconic tree sentinel, rip through the capital and beat the two bosses at the end, run back and take the medallion for the forbidden lands, then ride through the mountains to the bonfire. Not bad for 45 mins though.

47 minutes ago, Ry said:

Just logged off. Will post my dude tomorrow. 

Here's a funny shot. I think I have every buff in the game. Means fuck all in the end battle. 😆

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20220316_235234.jpg

without knowing how your flasks are allocated, what I can see, is your flask is only +8...by the end of your first play through , it can be +12(the max)...which means, you have missed 4 churches...

So, go explore!  you've missed some shit!

9 hours ago, QuackQuack said:

The Capital is nuts. So huge. So beautiful.

Lore question

Hide contents

Why is there ash everywhere? What’s with the gold ooze on some doors?

2 hours ago, Triple A said:

More amazing adventures today.

Just wow, the map design is so very clever - got round the other side of the Volcano Manor today - genius! and called it a night for now.  And found some caves in areas I thought I had cleared.  And had some amazing boss fights, done some NPC questlines, and noped out of a particularly tricky AI invader.  I’ll have him tomorrow!

Just when I start to wonder ‘is this getting repetitive?’, something new and awesome gets thrown into the mix.  It’s absolutely sublime.

What's the "other side" of volcano manor? Thought I'd pretty much rinsed that location but not sure what you're talking about here. 

58 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

I got fed up and cheesed Radahn.

Hide contents

I used the hoarfrost stomp. It’s basically cheat mode. It cuts through enemies like butter.

I found myself unable to cheese Radahn even using that move. It has made many other bosses trivial, though, plenty of them going down on my first attempt. Which is pretty much unheard of for me in Souls games. Will not be surprised if they nerf that skill. 

Whew, capital mostly clear.

Spoiler

Including all the underground, and that side area that is the location-equivalent of a top ten anime betrayal. Just Godfrey left now. Stopped mainly as the game stopped loading at 80%, so I had to close it via steam. Kept the data, thankfully. Seems like a fun fight though.

I'll admit I spent ages trying to find a way onto the upper-tier roofs, forgetting that I had made a mental note to climb the dragon. Assuming I can access those post-boss by looks of it.

This whole level has been like assassins creed meets resident evil, creeping around backalleys and rooftops. Love it.

5 hours ago, Majora said:

Where I'm up to at least, hoarfrost absolutely demolishes all actual sorceries I have. I'd barely used it but decided to give it a try on the boss in the windmill area and it was doing at least 2-3 times damage of most my sorceries. It barely uses any FP compared to most sorceries either.

Definitely broken and they'll definitely nerf it in a balance patch so enjoy it while you still can.

They’ve just nerfed it in a new patch. It was definitely broken!

Spoiler

Notice of Update Distribution

We are distributing an update to improve the stability of gameplay and to adjust balance.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but please apply the latest update before you enjoy the game.

Targeted platforms:

PlayStation 4

PlayStation 5

Xbox One

Xbox Series X|S

Steam

Major Changes Included in the Latest Update

Additional Elements Added

Added a function to record an icon and the name of an NPC on the map when you encounter that NPC.

Added NPC Jar-Bairn.

Added new quest phases for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nepheli Loux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostoc.

Added some summonable NPCs in multiple situations.

Increased the number of patterns of objects player can imitate when using Mimic’s Veil.

Added night background music for some open field area.

Bug Fixed

Fixed a bug that prevented summoned NPCs from taking damage in some boss battles.

Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from obtaining item after boss battle.

Fixed a bug that causes dialogue to be skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom key configurations.

Fixed a bug that causes the player to freeze when riding.

Fixed a bug that causes arcane to scale incorrectly for some weapons.

In situation where the player cannot obtain more than 2 talisman pouches, added talisman pouch to Twin Maiden Husks shop line up.

Fixed a bug that prevented the user from warping to sites of grace from the map at the end of the game.

Fixed a bug that prevented the player from moving to the next area after the battle with the Fire Giant.

Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to have incorrect scaling after strengthening.

Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to not use stat scaling.

Fixed hang-ups in certain occasions.

Fixed a bug which incorrectly displays multiplayer area boundary when playing online.

Fixed a bug that allows player to activate Erdtree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack using a special combination of item and incantation.

Fixed a bug which causes Fire’s Deadly Sin incantation to have different effect.

Fixed a bug with the Ash of War, Determination and Royal Knight's Resolve, where the damage buff will also apply to other weapons without that skill.

Adjusted the visual effect of Unseen Form spell.

Deleted the Ragged armor set from the game which was mistakenly obtainable in previous patch.

Fixed a bug that causes some hostile NPCs to drop Furlcalling Finger Remedy.

Fixed a bug that causes incorrect sound effect to play in some situations.

Fixed a bug which causes visual animation and hitboxes to not be displayed correctly on some maps.

Fixed bugs which causes incorrect visual and behavior for some enemies.

Fixed a bug that causes incorrect stat parameter for some armor.

Text fixes.

Other performance improvement and bug fixes.

Balance Changes

Increased the drop rate of Smithing Stone for some enemies.

Added Smithing Stone to some early game shop line up.

Increased shield’s effectiveness.

Increased the damage for all offensive cracked pot items.

Increased the damage for the following items: Spark Aromatic/Poison Spraymist.

Increased the effect duration for the following items: Uplifting Aromatic/ Ironjar Aromatic.

Increased HP healing for Torrent when using the following items: Rowa Raisin/ Sweet Raisin/ Frozen Raisin

Reduced FP consumption and increased the damage of the following sorceries: Glintstone Cometshard/ Comet/ Night Comet

Increased the damage of the following sorceries: Gravity Well/ Collapsing Stars/ Crystal Barrage

Decreased FP consumption of the following sorceries: Star Shower/ Rock Blaster/ Gavel of Haima/ Founding Rain of Stars/ Stars of Ruin/Greatblade Phalanx/Magic Downpour/ Loretta’s Greatbow/ Loretta’s Mastery/ Carian Greatsword/ Carian Piercer/ Shard Spiral

Raised projectile speed and range of Great Glintstone Shard

Decreased Ash of War, Hoarfrost Stomp's damage and increase cast time.

Increased Ash of War, Bloody Slash's self-inflict damage while slightly lowering the damage and increasing the cast time.

Decreased weapon skill, Sword of Night and Flame’s damage.

Increased FP consumption and lower duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.

Changed FP consumption timing of Ash of War, Prelate’s Charge.

Decreased the damage of spirit summoned when using the item Mimic Tear Ash and changed the spirit’s behavior pattern.

Other enemy and weapon balance changes

The version number of this update shown at the lower right corner of the Title Screen will be as follows:

App Ver. 1.03

Regulation Ver. 1.03.1

Online play requires the player to apply this update.

We will continue to provide improvement update in the future so you can enjoy "ELDEN RING" more comfortably. Please stay tune for more news

What a patch, all the cheese strata fixed in one go. Bloody Slash, Hoarfrost Stomp, Mimic Summon and Fire’s Deadly Sin all nerfed. 

17 minutes ago, JPL said:

Is that the twinblade with bloody slash?

Knights twinblade with Seppuku, which increases bleed damage.

9 minutes ago, Hexx said:

What level are you now?

205, at Fire Giant in NG+2.

6 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

What's the "other side" of volcano manor? Thought I'd pretty much rinsed that location but not sure what you're talking about here. 

Ha the way I wrote that was a bit baity!

There’s a fort to the northwest of the manor, with a quite a lot to do pre and post getting there.

You may have done it already if you know where I’m talking about now, but let me know if not and I’ll include directions how to get there as a spoiler.

48 minutes ago, Broker said:

What a patch, all the cheese strata fixed in one go. Bloody Slash, Hoarfrost Stomp, Mimic Summon and Fire’s Deadly Sin all nerfed. 

Knights twinblade with Seppuku, which increases bleed damage.

205, at Fire Giant in NG+2.

How does NG+ work in this game? Do you keep every item, or just your level?

Man, that update is a killer! I've been Bloody Slashing my way through the game for the last 40 hours. Going to have to rethink my strategy.

And new NPCs! I want to meet Jar-Bairn. Pretty sure I know where to find him/her/it, too...

Just now, Rayn said:

How does NG+ work in this game? Do you keep every item, or just your level?

You keep your level, map pieces, and the vast majority of your items. You lose medallions, great runes, bell bearings. I’m assuming other stuff but that’s what I’ve noticed.

Runes scale weirdly after +1. The farming spot in Mogwhyn Palace gave me 35k with the scarab in NG, 91k in NG+ but it’s only increased to 96k in NG+2. 

Had one of those disappointing sessions last night where I didn't feel I'd made any progress.  Killed two mini-bosses and pottered around the lakes a bit but didn't get anything proper done.  The best bit though was a message popped up saying someone in the password group had 'become a lord'.  I presume that means they completed the game?  Well, if that was you, last night, on PS5 'rllmuk' group, then I cheered for you!

6 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

Had one of those disappointing sessions last night where I didn't feel I'd made any progress.  Killed two mini-bosses and pottered around the lakes a bit but didn't get anything proper done.  The best bit though was a message popped up saying someone in the password group had 'become a lord'.  I presume that means they completed the game?  Well, if that was you, last night, on PS5 'rllmuk' group, then I cheered for you!

If you had fun, killed bosses, levelled up, found new loot (even if you didn't use it) then you made progress. Not sure what 'proper' counts as - if it's the story progress, I wouldn't worry because it seems to be about 20% of the overall game anyway :lol:

6 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Missed bolt of Granslax for legendary achievement :(

I'm not sure if it disappears eventually but if its the one i'm thinking of

Spoiler

It's on the giant spear statue you see in the Capital City

• Broker changed the title to Elden Ring - Colosseum PVP Update Out Now