Elden Ring - Colosseum PVP Update Out Now

Broker

8 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

My god, Stormview Castle is incredible. So unbelievably dense are labyrinthine. I love it. The jump button is a complete game changer.

I've a feeling this might just be the best game ever, and that scares me.

Agree. There are so many options to navigate through it. Really have to check the environment - I managed to completely bypass an area that was really bothering me and it genuinely felt amazing. 

I caved to the fact this is clearly the only thing anyone in videogames is going to talk about for the next five years and got it on PS5. Beside it feeling weirdly last gen after the glossy Souls remake and all its pad feedback shenanigans I’m enjoying it quite a bit.

How I’ve played it for two hours and only died once, I don’t know.

35 minutes ago, Mike S said:

Leave the castle.

Im well over twenty hours in and haven’t been there yet but have found endless things to see and do.

Exactly, I've got nearly 24 hours on the clock and I've only fought one 'proper' boss!  Fuck that noise, exploring and stuff is way cooler.  I'm now in east Limgrave, never been here before aside from a.. er.. teleportation accident one time. 

Anyway, loved noticing some part of central Limgrave that I'd missed exploring, thanks to that telltale shimmer of a grace point in the distance!  Thank god for telescope - an item that's actually useful in this game! :D

Loving playing with the katana too, OH EM GEE bleed is great on big/tanky enemies ❤️

SUCH A GAME.  

I’m liking this but not loving it. The world looks pretty and enticing in a delightfully macabre way and I love some of the incidental detail, you round a corner and there’s a zombie picnic. 

I’m finding some of the gameplay just a bit too much of a rehash of dark souls though. I loved bloodborne to death, it mixed both an awesome setting and fighting that rewarded smacking the hell out of everything. This feels pedestrian in comparison, in the same way as dark souls 3, I beat it but didn’t truly love it.

On top of that I’ve had one too many times of knocking a guard to the floor then finding my axe seems to just go through him rather than hit him if he’s at the wrong part of the animation. 

Going to plough on though as I’m really loving the world and hope I get a Bloodborne like ‘click’ moment where I realise I’m totally wrong and it’s really awesome. 

27 minutes ago, El Spatula said:

Fucked up with my smithing stones.... Smithing stone 1s aint as common as basic titanite....

It really is, there are tons of them all over the place. It's pretty much the only upgrade mat you'll find in Limgrave / Mistwood / Weeping Peninsula. 

Plus there is a way to buy some in the zone north of Stormveil.. 

Well I've faced the first Dungeon boss. Oddly enough I've nearly gotten him twice now. But start getting greedy during the second phase to my downfall. 

Then I realised I should really see what I can upgrade at the Smithy and maybe see what other ashes I can buy. 

So I now have a +2 Clay left hand. +4 Greatsword in the right and L2 makes me dodge quicker than a roll. 

Not sure if it has any I frames yet mind. Will investigate and report back. 

7 hours ago, Kzo said:

Crucible Knight is pretty solid. 

Merked him. Very proud.

Problem was my claymore was too slow to punish him in second phase, so I...

Spoiler

Took off all my armour and went in with a buckler. Parried that fucker into the ground while fast rolling naked... PvP style. Welcome to Dark Souls, bitch! I have 500 hours.

I looooove boss fights that are just you vs another dude with a sword.

As for my reward:

Spoiler

Was expecting his big fucking sword. Got his tail whip spell... the most annoying thing about him!

Super pumped! That was the first real challenging fight I've had and it was great!!

2 minutes ago, Kzo said:

Merked him. Very proud.

Hide contents

Took off all my armour and went in with a buckler. Parried that fucker into the ground while fast rolling naked... PvP style. Welcome to Dark Souls, bitch! I have 500 hours.

As for my reward:

Reveal hidden contents

Was expecting his big fucking sword. Got his tail whip spell... the most annoying thing about him!

Super pumped! That was the first real challenging fight I've had and it was great!!

Almost immediately fell off a cliff and died trying to hit an eagle on my horse after....

I've spent about two hours trying to beat this boss in the underground...

Spoiler

Dragonkin Soldier. He looks like Zordak from the Dreamstone. I was one hit away from killing him and the bastard keeps one shotting me...

I'm so fucking hyper, I've got to finish this guy off tonight.

Edit: Omfg, he's done it again....two hits left. Kill me.

Did Darriwil (sp?) in his Evergaol. 

Spoiler

Guard counter that slitherneck before his bleed attacks can build up!

Then did a classic Souls bit in Stormveil. Considering how much I’ve done and how much I know is still out there due to roaming around, this game is utterly, gloriously mad!

20 minutes ago, Kzo said:

Merked him. Very proud.

Hide contents

As for my reward:

Hide contents

Yep, just killed the fucker myself. Saw someone else from here on Xbox was dying to him (the specially animated bloodstains) and was very pleased to finally kill him - may have shouted “fuck you, you fucking cunt!” when I finally beat him! 

I found a list of every boss in Limgrave and Weeping Peninsula to check how many I had killed, as I thought perhaps I was missing a few but it turns out I’d only left one - now that Crucible Knight is down, it’s definitely all of them dead! 

Don’t click unless you want to know the name and location of every boss in the first two areas, obviously:

Spoiler

2C441163-698C-4638-9162-A06CD4D5B64A.thumb.jpeg.9c03ab7b7607ad41af28bb11f49d3936.jpeg

Level 43, 23 hours on the clock. 

22 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Just heard an ominous tolling bell and saw one of the “creatures” (?) shown on the loading screens. One of the weirdest, most atmospheric things I’ve seen in a game.

I've only seen them on the loading screens but there is just such an incredible range of amazingly designed creatures and environments in here that it is genuinely mind blowing.

The best I've seen so far was a giant black and gold winged demon that was stood outside of a place north of the big castle that I was warped to. Looking forward to getting back there and taking it on as that time I just zapped back ASAP as I was way underpowered for the area. Oh, and there were some tiny little men things leaping at me from the bushes so that was a bit unusual too.

I cannot stop thinking about this game. 

So I found a lift near a tree. Now I understand why this game was delayed. I don't understand how it was ever finished.

Through Stormveil Castle. Leveled enough that I'd a few deaths but it didn't seem overwhelming. As ever, jolly coop trivialises a boss that was absolutely fearsome and I'd have died a million times to. Time to jolly coop back so it doesn't pass me by.

Massive session today, opening up huge chunks of the Eastern map and the region beyond Storm castle, albeit all too high level to tackle. The jumping horse really adds a dimension.  Found another main boss location but couldn't see a way in.

Also, acquired a new spell, finally.  Drumroll.......illumination.  Need to investigate items which use mana to do stuff...

Blacksmith shards to increase weapons to level 24?

16 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I found a list of every boss in Limgrave and Weeping Peninsula to check how many I had killed, as I thought perhaps I was missing a few but it turns out I’d only left one - now that Crucible Knight is down, it’s definitely all of them dead! 

Don’t click unless you want to know the name and location of every boss in the first two areas, obviously:

Reveal hidden contents

2C441163-698C-4638-9162-A06CD4D5B64A.thumb.jpeg.9c03ab7b7607ad41af28bb11f49d3936.jpeg

Level 43, 23 hours on the clock. 

Shit, thought I had cleared Weeping Peninsula (pretty much scoured the place) and done most of Limgrave! Still a few at WP and plenty at Limgrave (lvl 27, 18ish hours)! This game is mad.

5 hours ago, spanx said:

Didn’t make much progress this evening, although found a bunch of smithing stones so my greatsword is +5 now and I found a new ash thing that upgraded strength scaling to B so hoping I can use it to kick Godricks arse

Out tomorrow so will have to resume practicing that fight on Weds. 

I can’t for the life of me work out what these things mean. Why isn’t it more obvious? Why am I getting red numbers when I select something called “quality” over something called “standard”? And now there are letters involved. 

652491C4-767A-4B84-8D66-F8C944F3CAE7.thumb.jpeg.9d144abb51c4c9ac199ffc6abb654822.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I've only seen them on the loading screens but there is just such an incredible range of amazingly designed creatures and environments in here that it is genuinely mind blowing.

The best I've seen so far was a giant black and gold winged demon that was stood outside of a place north of the big castle that I was warped to. Looking forward to getting back there and taking it on as that time I just zapped back ASAP as I was way underpowered for the area. Oh, and there were some tiny little men things leaping at me from the bushes so that was a bit unusual too.

I cannot stop thinking about this game. 

Go back. 

Spoiler

Go inside. 

Spoiler

Bear Deathroot. 

Just now, NexivRed said:

O can’t for the life of me work out what these things mean. Why isn’t it more obvious? Why am I getting red numbers when I select something called “quality” over something called “standard”? And now there are letters involved. 

652491C4-767A-4B84-8D66-F8C944F3CAE7.thumb.jpeg.9d144abb51c4c9ac199ffc6abb654822.jpeg

All the games are like this. Quality means it scales with both Dex and Str equally. Confusing because the longsword already scales with those 2.

Setting it to Quality will give it lower base damage but better scaling with your stats (so the damage will go up more the higher your stats are).

• Broker changed the title to Elden Ring - Colosseum PVP Update Out Now