Jump to content
IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes


Broker
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Triple A said:

Yes indeed - he’s a prick!

 

He's a dead prick now! I used my wolf pack summon half way through which helped. Also the bleeding effect on the Uchi, it's just as powerful as it was in other games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From bosses aren’t hard. Well, not unfairly so, anyway. They’re about pattern recognition. If they do attack x it means you do Y (block, dodge, back off). It’s a dance. Once you learn your steps, which admittedly might take a good few goes, you’ll be surprised how quickly they go down. If they hit you, it’s because you did something wrong: dodge back when you should have dodged forward; swung for an attack when you should have blocked. He will then smack you super hard to teach you a simple lesson: don’t do that again! There’s a reason people can complete these games using bananas and drum kits!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ohhhhh, just found the path to...

 

Spoiler

The big island in the south-west. After passing through the Coastal Cave, instead of using the warp point to go back to the entrance, keep going instead.  Time for exploring!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Anne Summers said:

What's the equivalent of un-hollowing / humanity, if there is one? I haven't seen any summons signs yet, even outside boss gates, except for one NPC summons. Do we need to activate them somehow? 

 

Use a Furcalling Finger remedy to see them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve tried Margot about 20 times now, and about another 10 with summoned help. Not getting close yet. I’ve watched a couple of videos on YouTube so I can see it’s possible but i tangible I may be stuck here a while :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Minion said:

 

He's a dead prick now! I used my wolf pack summon half way through which helped. Also the bleeding effect on the Uchi, it's just as powerful as it was in other games.

Can someone give me a very vague hint where I need to go to get something that will let me 'cast' the summons I've found? I'm thinking compass direction from the starting bonfire would be perfect. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

What's the equivalent of un-hollowing / humanity, if there is one? I haven't seen any summons signs yet, even outside boss gates, except for one NPC summons. Do we need to activate them somehow? 

I'm playing offline, so not sure, but there's an item I can craft (buy a crafting kit) that reveals summon signs.. Maybe that's it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had to take a break because my eyeballs are falling out my head. Also, i need to eat. 😅

 

I've been doing nothing but exploring all day (maybe 8 hours on my main build) and i've uncovered (but only seen a tiny fraction of) the entire map. To say its massive is an understatement! The amount of crazy looking monstrosities i've bumped into, then hastily galloped away from is almost comical. There's soooooo much content here its hard to comprehend! Only now, as i'm resting and thinking about it, its dawning on me how immense this game actually is.

 

Not gonna say anymore for now. Hope you lot are enjoying yourself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the words of MardyGit of Whogivesafuck: “I’m putting these foolish ambitions to rest.”

 

20 attempts with a golden AI sorcerer summon and my wolf boys summon, and got him to 30% left at best, but that was lucky. I’m SL13, but this +1 straightsword ain’t doing it.

 

Crazy difficult first boss for a Souls game. That bodes ill. Lol.

 

Time to bail somewhere else for a day or so and explore again. Which is the best bit of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jonamok said:

In the words of MardyGit of Whogivesafuck: “I’m putting these foolish ambitions to rest.”

 

20 attempts with a golden AI sorcerer summon and my wolf boys summon, and got him to 30% left at best, but that was lucky. I’m SL13, but this +1 straightsword ain’t doing it.

 

Crazy difficult first boss for a Souls game. That bodes ill. Lol.

 

Time to bail somewhere else for a day or so and explore again. Which is the best bit of course.


Exactly the same. As soon as that pissing hammer comes out I’m done for. I think the problem is I’m finding his timing really hard to read. He will go eventually but it’s sternly in that “I will never beat this guy” mode at the moment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, jonamok said:

In the words of MardyGit of Whogivesafuck: “I’m putting these foolish ambitions to rest.”

 

20 attempts with a golden AI sorcerer summon and my wolf boys summon, and got him to 30% left at best, but that was lucky. I’m SL13, but this +1 straightsword ain’t doing it.

 

Crazy difficult first boss for a Souls game. That bodes ill. Lol.

 

Time to bail somewhere else for a day or so and explore again. Which is the best bit of course.

 

He is hard aye - but is there such thing as a first boss in this game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's my wretch who now has some soldier garb which'll do for now and a +1 sword (thank f@ck!):

 

image.thumb.png.c3bbda5fb8da132c0f20a32bcc609e35.png

 

Found a very tasty sword but need a lot more strength to wield it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, robdood said:

Can someone give me a very vague hint where I need to go to get something that will let me 'cast' the summons I've found? I'm thinking compass direction from the starting bonfire would be perfect. 

 

Spoiler

I take it you've got the horse? You need to go to the church place where the vendor is behind the Tree Sentinel at night I think, try warping to and from it if it doesn't trigger, you'll know when it does.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

From bosses aren’t hard. Well, not unfairly so, anyway. They’re about pattern recognition. If they do attack x it means you do Y (block, dodge, back off). It’s a dance. Once you learn your steps, which admittedly might take a good few goes, you’ll be surprised how quickly they go down. If they hit you, it’s because you did something wrong: dodge back when you should have dodged forward; swung for an attack when you should have blocked. He will then smack you super hard to teach you a simple lesson: don’t do that again! There’s a reason people can complete these games using bananas and drum kits!


Some are hard. Margit is hard. Yes, he follows patterns, like they all do, but some of his combos are really fast, and it is hard to get the timing nailed, especially with the low endurance you are likely to have.

 

I know what you are trying to say though, they are generally punishing, but predictable. Margit is a twat. Especially as its likely to be the first boss people face (assuming most noped out of the Tree Sentinel to begin with).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Minion said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

I take it you've got the horse? You need to go to the church place where the vendor is behind the Tree Sentinel at night I think, try warping to and from it if it doesn't trigger, you'll know when it does.

 

 

That's not a very vague hint! That's telling him exactly where to go!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holy crap I am bad at this game. My Vagabond is getting his ass kicked by anything more lethal than a common soldier. And how on earth are you to handle anything more than one enemy at a time? 😆

 

Also realised I might have forgotten to pick up my leveling currency each time I died. 😬

 

I have absolutely no clue what or where I am supposed to go, went trough a gate and a big ugly 20 M zombie showed up and made me his bitch while I was being filled with arrows by 4 other mobs. 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, eight hours in, four bosses down 

Spoiler

Beastman in the wolf cave, digging troll in the mine, tree sentinel and bloodhound knight

 

Got a +3 Something-or-other Greatsword. Discovered an area I instantly noped out of 

Spoiler

something-or-other River

 

Got sent unwillingly to another area I instantly noped out of 

Spoiler

Something-or-other Swamp

 

And I still haven't been in the direction the graces want me to go. 😆

 

This is quite big, isn't it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Popo said:

Wading in on the graphics/performance chat - the game looks great, especially when the early morning sunlight dapples across the landscape and through the trees, but it’s more DS3 than Demons Souls remake. I do get that it’s a massive world and that that might be an apples and oranges comparison, and I’m sure there’s years and years of built up tech debt to take into consideration… and it’s a cross-gen title, but that it doesn’t look as impressive as DeS is… disappointing. 
 

Particularly because I can’t tell the difference between performance or frame rate modes whatsoever. I assume the difference is resolution and LOD? 
 

But to play it? Man oh man. It reminds me of  how Naughty Dog added the crawl function to LOU Part 2, and how transformative that was for how you could approach combat - only this time it’s sneaking. It really does open things up - coupled with the way enemies roam the landscape now, instead of just waiting to be triggered by the player when close enough. It’s fabulous. 
 

My biggest nope so far (still in the opening area):

 

  Hide contents

Having gotten a hard-fought win over one of those emaciated giants, I rode Torrent further east from the soldier encampment near the entrance to Stormfront Castle and found an up-draught, which takes you to a cliff side with about 6 of the buggers all roaming around. I did manage to take a couple of them down on horseback (a highly recommended way of fighting these slow, lumbering beats, by the way) but they started converging on me so I noped the nope out. 

 


Theres a really, really good reason to have a proper look around there. I found it totally by chance. Easily missed too!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hrmm worried I’m not really up to the challenge here. Basic enemies are easy but the boss fights… I can’t cope. I’ve been banging away at Margit for two hours but I can’t do the timing. I think maybe this might be too hard for me. I really love it though, it’s bloody glorious

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, spanx said:

Hrmm worried I’m not really up to the challenge here. Basic enemies are easy but the boss fights… I can’t cope. I’ve been banging away at Margit for two hours but I can’t do the timing. I think maybe this might be too hard for me. I really love it though, it’s bloody glorious


Go and do some other stuff. Level up a bit, get a better weapon and gear, and then come back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Had to take a break because my eyeballs are falling out my head. Also, i need to eat. 😅

 

I've been doing nothing but exploring all day (maybe 8 hours on my main build) and i've uncovered (but only seen a tiny fraction of) the entire map. To say its massive is an understatement! The amount of crazy looking monstrosities i've bumped into, then hastily galloped away from is almost comical. There's soooooo much content here its hard to comprehend! Only now, as i'm resting and thinking about it, its dawning on me how immense this game actually is.

 

Not gonna say anymore for now. Hope you lot are enjoying yourself. 

Indeed. Being doing a bit of that myself. Great to explore and not mind if u die as I levelled up perfectly and only had 19 runes to “lose”. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.