IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

10 minutes ago, Minion said:

Doesn't sound too bad, anyone who's familiar with DS3 performance it sounds similar. Old gen xbox's run not well, quelle suprise! PS5 performance 55-60 that'll do me!

Yea, just sounds like the Xbox and PC versions didn't have time to be optimised to the extent of the PS versions, which if they were on a tight schedule you can understand given that most copies will likely be sold on PS consoles.

12 minutes ago, Ry said:

Again, why isn't this being discussed by reviewers? Are they such big fans of souls games they don't want to critique it?

On Back Page Pod they were talking about how reviewers tend to get code alongside a list of fixes in the day one patch. Just to reference it so that if something's crashing a lot in a certain way they know it'll be fixed upon launch. If stuff's getting sorted in a day one patch why would it matter how it is before in the review? 

Also, a lot of reviewers will be reviewing it on PS5. Because that's the best version currently. 

1 minute ago, BitterToad said:

On Back Page Pod they were talking about how reviewers tend to get code alongside a list of fixes in the day one patch. Just to reference it so that if something's crashing a lot in a certain way they know it'll be fixed upon launch. If stuff's getting sorted in a day one patch why would it matter how it is before in the review? 

Also, a lot of reviewers will be reviewing it on PS5. Because that's the best version currently. 

It matters because they need to review the game in front of them. They can't just take a Devs word that things will be fixed. 

It's unethical not to address and discuss technical issues just because a Dev said "don't worry it will be fixed"

But I get what you mean, I doubt any reviews were on Xbox. 

47 minutes ago, Ry said:

Yes. Xbox app on phone. Search for game. Click on game. Click on "install to console"

Brilliant, often overlooked feature. Saves all the waiting on launch day bullshit. 

Can I do this on the PS5? 😉

Xbox pre-order cancelled and PS5 edition pre-ordered. Looks like I'll be playing solo as I don't have PS+. 😢

2 minutes ago, Ry said:

It matters because they need to review the game in front of them. They can't just take a Devs word that things will be fixed. 

It's unethical not to address and discuss technical issues just because a Dev said "don't worry it will be fixed"

Well most of them probably haven’t finished the game either if that matters to you. It’s not poor performance, although it sounds as though it could do with a locked 30fps mode too. No doubt making use of VRR on  Xbox will help also.

Anyway that’s settled it for me, PS5 it is.

9 minutes ago, Ry said:

Unethical is a bit strong but I take your point. There is generally an acceptance that some prerelease issues will be present in review builds and reviewers should mention it if they adversely affect the game experience. Unfortunately the tendency otherwise is to send games out too late for reviewers to realistically cover them so it's always a tradeoff. If the promised patch doesn't fix it then that's worth a follow up article - whether it has as much reach is another matter... I've got a couple of big reviews to plough through so won't be delving into Elden Ring for a couple of weeks now. If From don't fix it then the modders surely will, going from past experience.

My god I'm excited. I think i might even double dip so PC and PS5 , diff builds depending on what I'm doing and sat infront of. We can do NZ steam trick right?

Eeeeeeek! :omg:

Iron Pineapple is one of my favourite Souls Youtubers. Here is his review (I recommend going audio only as there are obviously spoilers in the video side). Mainly talks about some mechanics, no real big spoilers. He understands the sense of discovery you need with these games.

Ridiculously, it's only Sekiro that I don't have on both Xbox and PS. I always ended up picking them up again when they got cheap. From games have always been best (to me) on Sony Platforms since day one, in both online player counts and performance.. And not in a single one of those cases has it mattered at all. I can't imagine that changing.

I'm getting is for PS5, but It'll be amazing on Series X (and far more likely to be playable in a couple of generations time too!).

Shame it’s not a solid 60 fps, the graphics don’t look like they should be pushing the new consoles too hard. I had assumed the PS5 and Xbox would handle it easily, solid 60 locked with all the shiny things up to max. 

Good news though that it’s the easiest souls game yet, I might not give up on this one. 

I am still looking forward to this and, despite a small worry that my steam code in a box hasn’t shipped yet, have now planned myself a Partridge Bondathon treat yo self day on Friday which will ensure that I am suitable occupied until Daz drops the box off and I can get it installed.

25 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I played through bayonetta three times on Xbox 360. I had no idea about the insane performance issues that game had and just enjoyed the ride. Some people need to just chill out. Videogames. 

The PS3 version of Bayonetta was the one that had performance issues though.

Yesterday I cancelled my PS5 disc order of this and ordered the PS4 disc instead (to get both versions in case the PS5 version wasn't up to scratch) Looks like that wasn't necessary if PS5 performance runs between 55-60 (and possibly locked 60 if there is a day 1 update coming!).

36 minutes ago, AI said:

The PS3 version of Bayonetta was the one that had performance issues though.

Yesterday I cancelled my PS5 disc order of this and ordered the PS4 disc instead (to get both versions in case the PS5 version wasn't up to scratch) Looks like that wasn't necessary if PS5 performance runs between 55-60 (and possibly locked 60 if there is a day 1 update coming!).

Sorry your right,  I played it on PS3 not 360.