IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

1 minute ago, Onze said:

What is this witchcraft? I can install a game that I don't own? 

Yes. Xbox app on phone. Search for game. Click on game. Click on "install to console"

Brilliant, often overlooked feature. Saves all the waiting on launch day bullshit. 

I decided on the walk into work today that I was enjoying RLLMUK GOTY RETURNAL so much that I am going to delay starting Elden Ring till I had finished with it (or it with me).

Spoiler

I'll be tossing it in the bin tonight.

Bought this from ShopTo on PC, and had no code despite it listing as "Shipped", but it seems they must have been waiting for the review emabrgo to drop as it is now showing in my account and thus downloading on Steam. I have been purposefully avoiding knowledge, but ... THOSE REVIEW SCORES! I couldn't help myself, I had to, and now I'm way beyond hyped.

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

44 reviews and 97 now. It's gone down a point. Day ruined.

I just saw that Edge won't be reviewing it until E370, as they didn't get the review code in time.  

Imagine the shenanigans if they gave it an 8/9 and it went down to 96, out of The Fabled 5.   

8 minutes ago, Ry said:

Yes. Xbox app on phone. Search for game. Click on game. Click on "install to console"

Worth noting that the Xbox app search is utterly useless, and (in my case at least) searching for Elden Ring brought up an endless list and didn't put Elden Ring at the top of it, as it performs an 'OR' search and doesn't seem to weight the results in any sensible way.

Just search for Elden on its own, however, and you'll get a list of three games, one of which is the one you want.

8 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Performance pre-day 1 patch - shit me

Wtf. 

I assume every review is PC? 

If not then shame on them for not mentioning this. Fucking shocking actually. 

2 minutes ago, Goemon said:

Sorry, I can’t watch this, can you give me the gist of what it’s saying?

Watched a bit to get "the gist". Seems that Xbox Series X performance mode is around 40-45fps, while the PS5 performance mode is around 55-60fps.

None of us will be playing the pre patch version so kinda ok to dismiss that?

But does seem like some serious issues. And them mentioning long loads when you die is a worry. 

Again, why isn't this being discussed by reviewers? Are they such big fans of souls games they don't want to critique it?

Let newcomers review from software games lol

I think there is a lot of onus currently put on the eventual DF day one patch performance review video and thinking this patch is going to solve any framerate problems. This is From Software, it's not.

I'd love to be wrong, but can't see it myself based on previous.

I'm going to be playing offline anyway, so I'm hoping this recoups a few FPS back - who knows

36 minutes ago, dug said:

:lol:

The overhanging the right hand side and not being parallel with the front of the unit are deliberate choices, I'll have you know! Although the untidy cables I'll give you. I'm surprised you didn't mention the off-centre PSVR sensor.

I did consider mentioning it, but thought it might seem *too* pedantic. :hat:

2 minutes ago, Ry said:

None of us will be playing the pre patch version so kinda ok to dismiss that?

But does seem like some serious issues. And them mentioning long loads when you die is a worry. 

Again, why isn't this being discussed by reviewers? Are they such big fans of souls games they don't want to critique it?

Let newcomers review from software games lol

Maybe because it doesn't really matter that much especially not as much as you seem to be making out, you sound rather outraged in your previous post.

5 minutes ago, layten said:

Interesting, I wonder if the guys who made the video above got their code officially or if someone shared theirs with them.

I've done at-home testing before and they put watermarks on the screen. I wonder if it'll come to that for reviewers.