IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

Seen some folks over at ERA saying the PS4 version running on PS5 runs better than the PS5 version. 

Dunno if it's true or not but seen this scenario before I'm sure. 

Just now, moosegrinder said:

He also said he was OP from all the exploring.

This is what happened to me in Bloodborne regarding OoK. It's always been part of the game, but now you can actually do that and keep discovering new content apparently.

4 minutes ago, Ry said:

Seen some folks over at ERA saying the PS4 version running on PS5 runs better than the PS5 version. 

I suppose that'd make sense if the ps4 version is trying to do 'less', graphically speaking.

2 minutes ago, Padaxes said:

I didnt like Sekero , am I going to like this? 

I adored Sekiro (eventually), but it was quite different in some ways from the other Souls games. If anything this looks like it leans in completely the opposite direction.

6 minutes ago, Ry said:

Just now, Vulgar Monkey said:

I suppose that'd make sense if the ps4 version is trying to do 'less', graphically speaking.

Matches what Digital Foundry reported in the pre-release (PS4 on PS5 being the only console version to manage locked 60fps), so sounds like that's carried over to final release.

8 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

SkillUp saying it's the easiest Souls he's played and was one-shotting bosses.

There is a certain item that was in the network test which will help with this. Not gonna post it as you'll all find it at some point. Coupled with grinding and exploring, its understandable.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I know it did share a launch with something last time, but I've forgotten what it was. Remind me?

Just now, Melon_Bread said:

He prob means BotW.

The Switch released on March 3rd, 2017.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I know it did share a launch with something last time, but I've forgotten what it was. Remind me?

One of the best quotes ever, from a review of Horizon Zero Dawn (maybe Edge) was something like-

Horizon Zero Dawn will be the best game you play all year. Until you turn the page (BOTW review was on next page)

Damn! Those review scores, wow!

If I buy a physical edition of this for the Xbox Series X will it just install the game to the SSD and then do a small spin up of the disc drive each time it boots up? I love the silence of my Series X and I don't want to be listening to the drive spin when I'm playing. 

2 minutes ago, Onze said:

If I buy a physical edition of this for the Xbox Series X will it just install the game to the SSD and then do a small spin up of the disc drive each time it boots up? I love the silence of my Series X and I don't want to be listening to the drive spin when I'm playing. 

Yes.

I've gone digital with this, using some MS reward points, but will be using disc for Elex II.

3 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Quite.

That OLED is dangling off the edge of the unit. And it's not parallel with the front edge. The cables looks like they could use some attention too.

The good news is that you've still got some time before ER releases to get it sorted out.

:lol:

The overhanging the right hand side and not being parallel with the front of the unit are deliberate choices, I'll have you know! Although the untidy cables I'll give you. I'm surprised you didn't mention the off-centre PSVR sensor.

4 minutes ago, Onze said:

You can install before the disk arrives. 

But aye, it spins up for a second or two then silent as always. 

1 minute ago, moosegrinder said:

44 reviews and 97 now. It's gone down a point. Day ruined.

Just wait until the review bombing starts from the fuckwits moaning about the fact it might not be as hard as some of the other FROM games.

1 minute ago, Ry said:

You can install before the disk arrives. 

But aye, it spins up for a second or two then silent as always. 

What is this witchcraft? I can install a game that I don't own?