IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

7 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

But there's always a part of me that thinks that after all the hype, all the amazing trailers, all of the Breath of the Wild meets Dark Souls chat, imagine if it was shit. And not Far Cry 6 shit. Imagine if it was fully blown disaster. Sure I'd lose out on what sounds like it could be the greatest game of all time, but think of what we'd all gain in terms of going through twitter this afternoon watching everyone lose their shit. 

It'd be funny, that's all I'm saying. 

It'd be hilarious. But "Network Test".

8 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

There's obviously a hope that at 3pm today we get universal praise; 10's across the board, a Eurogamer Essential, seven videos of gurning YouTubers holding a controller with "BEST GAME EVOOOOR" (followed by comments from older forumites saying they're not watching that) and tweets from magazine journals saying "it's amazing, review coming in three months."

But there's always a part of me that thinks that after all the hype, all the amazing trailers, all of the Breath of the Wild meets Dark Souls chat, imagine if it was shit. And not Far Cry 6 shit. Imagine if it was fully blown disaster. Sure I'd lose out on what sounds like it could be the greatest game of all time, but think of what we'd all gain in terms of going through twitter this afternoon watching everyone lose their shit. 

It'd be funny, that's all I'm saying. 

It happened with Halo Infinite and I'm still crying about it. If this turns out to be shit I'm genuinely done with gaming.

12 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Fan review has gone up on Youtube from someone who has played all previous FROM games on multiple platforms/formats

Hide contents

Lives up to the hype

Two hours to travel across the map on foot

Hardest FROM game to date

Best lore/bosses/design/gameplay from FROM yet

100s of build options, bewildering amount of content

60 hours into the game and has only beat the first three main bosses

Many more NPCs than previous Souls games

Incredible boss/dragon encounters

Brutal challenge

10/10

That actually puts me off as a beginner. Gulp. 

Just now, Uncle Nasty said:

It happened with Halo Infinite and I'm still crying about it. If this turns out to be shit I'm genuinely done with gaming.

Halo Infinite wasn’t that shit. It was pretty much what I’d expect it to be for a 343 Halo. 

Now let’s all have an argument about it, it’ll make the next couple of sleeps go quicker!

IMG_20220223_113331294.thumb.jpg.bcc37ed3311d29d10baba62835c8f8fa.jpg

Look at this shit. Right there on my home screen but unplayable. It's like dangling a bag of heroin just out of arm's reach of an addict. Nggghhh! Why isn't it tomorrow night yet?!

36 minutes ago, Ry said:

That actually puts me off as a beginner. Gulp. 

yeah I hope it’s not actually harder than Sekiro. But at least you can summon help, and can level up your character too. 

Still unsure whether to get the super cheap Argentina Xbox deal, or get the PS4 version for almost twice the price to play on my PS4 and eventually PS5, whenever Game decide to ship it, the useless fucks. All my mates are going PS5 and are saying I should too because I'm a scrub and will need their assistance. I'm shite at Souls games so this is probably good advice.

8 minutes ago, Blunted said:

@robdood I braved Facebook for this:

274314719_6970733052997995_2217851891440714866_n.thumb.jpg.f7875b2231f95f8db29158488b4fb32d.jpg

Posted by someone (about an hour ago) that got in touch with them.

Hopefully we don't need to wait until the actual release to start downloading.

Noice, now to hope that surfshark lets me unlock it at somepoint sooner than 11pm :D

12 minutes ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

I suppose there are different ways in which something can be hard, so the sentiment in the above post and the previous press release may not be mutually exclusive.

About the difficulty:

Spoiler

Video reviewer said he was stuck on the third boss for 24 hours, took 70 tries, had to grind levels and still only barely made it through. Mentions one hit kills.

Massive gulp.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

About the difficulty:

Hide contents

Video reviewer said he was stuck on the third boss for 24 hours, took 70 tries, had to grind levels and still only barely made it through. Mentions one hit kills.

Massive gulp.

Maybe he’s just shit?

4 minutes ago, El Spatula said:

Please don't be like BOTW. It did nothing for me and the continual praise baffles and confuses me.

Im in a similar camp with BotW - it was alright, but didn’t understand the praise, especially not for the open world which I thought was pretty lifeless and boring. Watching some vids of this, the world looks far more alive and interesting. 

8 minutes ago, El Spatula said:

Please don't be like BOTW. It did nothing for me and the continual praise baffles and confuses me.

Was pretty good but it fell short of the frothing hype that accompanied it for me. Nice world but exploration didn't usually equal any sort of meaningful or unique rewards. My interest drifted after a few dozen hours.

Okay so that crosses Halo Infinite, Difficulty/Accessibility and Breath of the Wild is Bad off of the "the game's not out yet and we're bored discourse list." 

If anyone wants to get cracking on Gaming Piracy or The Politics Folder that should see us through to reviews at 3. 

7 minutes ago, El Spatula said:

BotW + From Software combat is pretty much the dream game, right? I know that's what i was thinking while playing BotW, and i agree it is a once in a generation game even with the sub-par combat*

*comapred to From's