IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

1 minute ago, Len said:

I'll take forever to read and way over think my starting class and then be totally undecisice for far, far too long. Then choose a big bloogy knight...again.

You can branch out into any class later on in this. It’s only the start that makes a difference. You can become any class you like as the game progresses and put your stats where you want them. 

Just now, robdood said:

Any pc players bought from CD keys? I've not bought a game at launch from there before, are they going to be mean and not send me a code til literally the 25th? 

‘Probably’, is the answer. They will always send it on time, but never before really.

10 hours ago, JoeK said:

Is the PS5 version going to have snazzy 3d audio/Pulse thing? 

Because if it does, that'd be the version I'd probably end up getting - the sound on the PS5 is bloody awesome on the games that use the thing.

It is good, but then so is the sound on Xbox using their official headset.

I am 99% certain going PS5. 

What time are reviews?

:omg:

31 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Probably already posted but this thread is moving so fast here it is anyway -

FMIMbkdWUAQjkCH?format=jpg&name=4096x409

So that means we can play 11:00am tomorrow on consoles set to New Zealand!

does this work on PS5 as well as Xbox ?

2 hours ago, robdood said:

Any pc players bought from CD keys? I've not bought a game at launch from there before, are they going to be mean and not send me a code til literally the 25th? 

Yeah, I'm kinda wishing I'd just spent the extra on steam. I'm not really going to be able to play it until Friday evening anyway, but it'd be nice to know I theoretically could earlier.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

The confessor class looks like it could be a halfway house. On the Redbull thing the guy that picked the class said he wanted to try it because as well as it having healing and stealth magic, it also meant that he could use the stuff he found early on. 

I’m a noob to all of this, but have watched a few videos on classes. 

I'd imagine there will be an item/ character that will let you re-spec at some point for a price. Remember doing that in DS2.

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

Probably already posted but this thread is moving so fast here it is anyway -

FMIMbkdWUAQjkCH?format=jpg&name=4096x409

So that means we can play 11:00am tomorrow on consoles set to New Zealand!

Do we just change the clock to New Zealand, or do we have to buy it from their store?

29 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I'll be playing which ever class hits shit in the face the hardest.

Same.

I just love throwing a huge sword or club about so that’ll be my first build for sure.

For those who have watched the streams - can you confirm that it goes directly from the start menu to the character creation screen?

I have a friend coming round on Friday where we will start the game for the first time together. I am sure they won't wanna watch me tinkering around on the character creation screen for hours, but don't wanna create my character if there is any content before it (like DS2 did)

If this is considered spoilery put your response in spoiler tags  :)

3 hours ago, robdood said:

3 hours ago, JoeK said:

‘Probably’, is the answer. They will always send it on time, but never before really.

I cancelled my CD Keys order and bought it directly through Steam for this reason.  I've got no issue paying more for this game and I wanted to know I'd be playing it immediately on release (in NZ 😆).  It's preloading as I type.

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

I hope the world is as intricately designed as the original Dark Souls. No game before or since has had that amazing “oh shit! I’m back here!” feeling when opening a random door, and it made the world feel so real and brilliant. 

I'm not sure how they could do that on an open world, unless there are some massive underground parts (which I am hoping there are!) we will see :D

Fan review has gone up on Youtube from someone who has played all previous FROM games on multiple platforms/formats

Spoiler

Lives up to the hype

Two hours to travel across the map on foot

Hardest FROM game to date

Best lore/bosses/design/gameplay from FROM yet

100s of build options, bewildering amount of content

60 hours into the game and has only beat the first three main bosses

Many more NPCs than previous Souls games

Incredible boss/dragon encounters

Brutal challenge

10/10

There's obviously a hope that at 3pm today we get universal praise; 10's across the board, a Eurogamer Essential, seven videos of gurning YouTubers holding a controller with "BEST GAME EVOOOOR" (followed by comments from older forumites saying they're not watching that) and tweets from magazine journals saying "it's amazing, review coming in three months."

But there's always a part of me that thinks that after all the hype, all the amazing trailers, all of the Breath of the Wild meets Dark Souls chat, imagine if it was shit. And not Far Cry 6 shit. Imagine if it was fully blown disaster. Sure I'd lose out on what sounds like it could be the greatest game of all time, but think of what we'd all gain in terms of going through twitter this afternoon watching everyone lose their shit. 

It'd be funny, that's all I'm saying. 

3 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

There's obviously a hope that at 3pm today we get universal praise; 10's across the board, a Eurogamer Essential, seven videos of gurning YouTubers holding a controller with "BEST GAME EVOOOOR" (followed by comments from older forumites saying they're not watching that) and tweets from magazine journals saying "it's amazing, review coming in three months."

But there's always a part of me that thinks that after all the hype, all the amazing trailers, all of the Breath of the Wild meets Dark Souls chat, imagine if it was shit. And not Far Cry 6 shit. Imagine if it was fully blown disaster. Sure I'd lose out on what sounds like it could be the greatest game of all time, but think of what we'd all gain in terms of going through twitter this afternoon watching everyone lose their shit. 

It'd be funny, that's all I'm saying. 

My copy went out yesterday and I'd laugh my arse off.