IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

13 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Just the world building. Good idea in my view, that's something that really enriches a game but so many games fumble that despite it being something the medium can excel at.

Video games can be more like novels than the films many of them ape.

https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2021/12/18/long-long-ago/

I totally love how bad George's website looks, I bet he made it himself. He's got the money to have the slickest of websites, but no, he'll stick with something that looks like a blog from 20 years ago, quite possibly is just that.

With Destiny 2 Witch Queen out and me wanting to try and get raid ready, I won't have time for this at launch. But I will be keen to see how the PC version fares because I believe that may be the best version.

That trailer was something else...

3 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Still haven't watched any trailers beyond the initial teaser and that 10 second leak. Staying strong!

Well, just let me tell you this, it’s looking way more amazing and spectacular that you can could ever imagine 😉

4 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Still haven't watched any trailers beyond the initial teaser and that 10 second leak. Staying strong!

Bizarrely I'm less concerned about spoilers with these games. Not sure why.  

8 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I had no real interest in this. I loved Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls, but Bloodborne and Sekiro left me cold and I quickly abandoned them. 

That trailer just sold me the game. 

43 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

What class is everyone going to try first? I bet 90% will go Bloody Wolf

For me, it’s a toss up between Vagabond and Prophet. 

What's the easiest class to use? I have seen nothing of the game and don't play souls games (well I have but I give up very early)

57 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

What class is everyone going to try first? I bet 90% will go Bloody Wolf

For me, it’s a toss up between Vagabond and Prophet. 

Knight, I don’t even know what classes there are to be honest, but definitely a knight. 

I say this every time but I'm going to properly try and get into magic a bit in this one. I don't want the Demons' Souls easy mode projectiles but I want all the other cool magic weapons shit. I've not read a huge amount about it but in that first trailer the guy jumps and has a big blue sword appear and hit a bastard and I want to do that. I don't really have anything to add about the game itself but I'm hyped to the point I'm planning big blue swords at work so here we are. 

1 hour ago, Ry said:

What's the easiest class to use? I have seen nothing of the game and don't play souls games (well I have but I give up very early)

I was watching some streamers and a dev talk about classes at the weekend on that red bull stream and they mentioned that whatever class you choose doesn’t mean you’re tied down to it at all, you can develop your character to be anything. However, it can be quite important at the beginning of the game. 

I think since I’m new to these games I’ll try Vagabond/Knight. I did fancy a magic based character, but I’m thinking that may make the game difficult for me starting out? The confessor looked interesting, but seemed to take a lot of damage early on.