IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

7 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

Might be worth sending them a note, from their twitter:

We are currently implementing changes to our internal systems and reviewing our pre-order process which is why we only have a limited display of products at the current time. This should be completed within the coming weeks and new titles will then be added to the website.

Might give it a try. Payment was taken successfully back in November

PS5 for me, I was toying with PC (machine could easily handle it and more and to play with a friend) but it just feels right slumped on the sofa, bigger screen, ds pad and on a console. Can't wait... :)

5 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

2:50 Official Launch Trailer just premiered

Hide contents

I lasted 50 secs before I switched it off

Also my order has now changed to Awaiting Despatch!

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK :omg:

That is how to do a trailer. Proper tingles down the spine followed by a literal adrenaline surge. Fucking wow!

I do not know if it is possible to be more hyped for a game than I currently am but I thought that after the overview trailer and yet here I now am, even more hyped.

Wah, I want tingles, but not spoilers. Hnnng.

Also:

5 hours ago, Minion said:

PS5. I have a very capable PC but I know from DS3 playing From games on PC Online is fraught with risk.

3 days. 3 muthaducking days!

What is it about online specifically? Do you mean the security issues that've been revealed recently, or do you mean having it online affects performance more than offline? I know From games have a rep for iffy pc optimisation, but cant think why online status would matter much.

32 minutes ago, Len said:

PS5 for me, I was toying with PC (machine could easily handle it and more and to play with a friend) but it just feels right slumped on the sofa, bigger screen, ds pad and on a console. Can't wait... :)

I'll be playing on the big screen, slumped with a PS5 pad.

ON A PC HAHAHAHA

2 minutes ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

Also:

What is it about online specifically? Do you mean the security issues that've been revealed recently, or do you mean having it online affects performance more than offline? I know From games have a rep for iffy pc optimisation, but cant think why online status would matter much.

Eh? Their PC ports have been far and away stellar since DS2 and the only way to play the previous games reliably at 60fps at launch

The online stuff is referring to the hacking yes. 

8 minutes ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

Also:

I wouldn’t worry about PC optimisation as, since Dark Souls 2, they have run pretty much without issue on PC and at all the frame rates and resolution you might want.

I suspect the OP is concerned about hackers wrecking PVE which I gather can be an issue but that’s just another reason to offline it.

EDIT: beaten to it by Uzi…

SE have some translated notes from a Famitsu interview. They seem to avoid highlighting anything too specific, but still:

Spoiler

Here are some of the highlights from Famitsu‘s Elden Ring interview with Hidetaka Miyazaki:

“The production went in parallel with Sekiro, so there was not a lot of direct feedback from Sekiro. However, they did indeed influence each other.”

“To proceed into new fields, you can do things like clearing dungeons or defeating large bosses. But those are not the entirety of the rules.”

“There are various requirements. There are multiple methods that look like warps. Some of the regions will have you simply walk on the ground.”

“We’re emphasizing the degree of freedom in playthroughs. You can have a somewhat free order on which regions to visit.”

“We are refraining a lot from making large boss destructions into unavoidable checkpoints in game progression.”

“There are no features where the horse would not listen to the rider’s instructions.”

“If a playthrough is too short in a game with open world, there is a tendency for people to get stressed. They would think ‘I ran out of items so let’s head back at once,’ and that would make it more uncomfortable than usual. We wanted to reduce that by implementing the Item Crafting system.”

“Being able to use things other than Blessing to fill the holy grail is intended to raise the abilities for continuous battles so that a playthrough won’t become too short.”

“If you are hesitating in choosing your origin, you can just choose based on the background and looks that you like. We designed it so that picking specific origins would not lead to restrictions later on.”

“The Wretch is the only one that’s totally different. (laughs)”

“The Guidance of Blessing is the minimum level of guidance. There are also discovery and drama if you stray away from it.”

“I want you to enjoy [the game] by not fearing death and including it in trials and errors.”

“I’m not good at mentioning gameplay hours, but this one definitely has a larger volume than the Dark Souls series.”

(about that last one - Kitao also mentioned a general hour count a few weeks ago, but his estimate was for the main campaign. So completionists will have a lot to enjoy. :) )

30 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

Reveal hidden contents

What’s with the shite xenoblade voices? I’ll be muting that as soon as I start. 

33 minutes ago, Hawklord said:

Hide contents

Watched it all - just a goth version of Horizon, really.

7 minutes ago, SuperCapes said:

I regret everything watching that trailer...

I regret nothing.

I’ll have forgotten everything I saw there by the time I encounter it in game and very much enjoyed the massive hype injection…

2 minutes ago, Mike S said:

I regret nothing.

I’ll have forgotten everything I saw there by the time I encounter it in game and very much enjoyed the massive hype injection…

Me too me too, its just the environments... I mean... Staggering. Enemies I rarely mind seeing, but the world just looks bonkers. 

The main regret, is the bloody hype injection. How am I supposed to sleep tonight and tomorrow?

33 minutes ago, Uzi said:

I'll be playing on the big screen, slumped with a PS5 pad.

ON A PC HAHAHAHA

:lol:

Love it. The ER hype has properly got you @Uzi :)

Hackers definitely a fear as well like you say and I've haven't got my pc hooked up to living room as too far and I'm too lazy. And need a bigger, newer tele in there (this Summer!)

2 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

What involvement has GRRRRrRrRrRRrrr Martin actually had in this, really? His writing with traditional From Software writing sounds like a pretentious wankfest that could only be improved/made worse by adding in Hideo Kojima. 

Just the world building. Good idea in my view, that's something that really enriches a game but so many games fumble that despite it being something the medium can excel at.

Video games can be more like novels than the films many of them ape.

https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2021/12/18/long-long-ago/

2 minutes ago, Ry said:

I feel sorry for any reviewer that gives this a 7 or less. A bunch of fanny nerds will harrass them to hell

Isn’t that the case with any game ever though?

There’s always going to be screaming fan boys whining and kicking up a tantrum when the particular thing they like is criticised by anyone. Personally, if I like something then I could not give a flying piss what some reviewer (or screaming fan boy) thinks. To be fair though, it’s been many years since I really bothered taking any notice of any reviews at all bar a read through Edge once a month and the odd look at Eurogamer and I can’t say any ‘professional’ review has really swayed me in a very long time as I mostly find out what’s interesting through this place.

1 hour ago, Hawklord said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh my, that looks tremendous doesn’t it.