IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

Got this pre-ordered. having avoided most media i crumbled and watched that 6 minute trailer on the previous page. JUDAS H PRIEST!

This looks absolutely sensational, and looks far more than i was anticipating. Cannot wait.

2 hours ago, robdood said:

Lol, yes I will.  I have work on Fri.  But I will be getting up early especially. 

(unless I can wangle some timezone hack with my VPN.. does that work on Steam?)

If it helps, it unlocks on PC at 11pm on Thursday.

Finally stuck my pre-order in. Pickup on Fri morning hopefully, or over the weekend at some point, with some steel case gubbins and a pre-order dlc of some sort which I can't read. What's that then? A thrilling map or similar rubbish? 

7 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Game Collection have take my money! My order has changed from pre-ordered to 'Processing'. It's PROCESSING!

:omg:

Thanks for this, it prompted me to check if I had enough cash in my monzo account that I use for quick cash, and I didn't. I'd be flapping about when and whether they were going to take payment if they'd tried and it had bounced, otherwise.

All the sacrifice and giving up Dying Light 2 and Forbidden West is about to pay off! It's the first weekend in 3 weeks that I'm not working and the wife and kids will be away until Sunday!

20 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

The listing on the webstore (haven't checked the PS5 store yet) says PS4 & PS5.

Will this allow me to choose which version to download on a PS5?

Yes

39 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

The listing on the webstore (haven't checked the PS5 store yet) says PS4 & PS5.

Will this allow me to choose which version to download on a PS5?

Definitely

when you pre-order digitally - on the PS5 if you go into it and select the countdown timer you can access the pre-load options for PS5, PS4 and the game guide thingy all in one hit for the 23rd

I have the launch edition ordered from Amazon.

I have seen nothing apart from the original game awards trailer. It's been a real struggle to avoid watching anything else but I reckon I can keep strong until Friday. This might be the most excited I have ever been.

13 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Cool. Just need DF to announce whether native PS5 code, or PS4 code running in B/C mode on PS5, gives the smoother performance for retail version + day 1 patch.

That is the fence I'm sitting on at the moment. Aren't most of the current previews done via some sort of VPN connection / PC play or something?

When is the review embargo lifted ? could probably expect a DF video around that sort of time

But I think we know its going to be PS4 version running on a PS5 

39 minutes ago, hombre_hompson said:

I have the launch edition ordered from Amazon.

I have seen nothing apart from the original game awards trailer. It's been a real struggle to avoid watching anything else but I reckon I can keep strong until Friday. This might be the most excited I have ever been.

Ive done the same, until yesterday. It really is worth watching that trailer from a couple of days ago. It doesnt really spoil anything, just what a few locations and bosses look like, but it does mean im about 10 times more amped now than I was!

4 minutes ago, kempstar said:

Are The Game Collection expected to ship early then? I will also sack off my Currys order if so...

I've had stuff a day early from them in the past, according to my account the last thing they sent me was DeS for PS5 - can't recall if that did.

Its going to be interesting to see how this is received by a wider audience. Big marketing spend, the Game Of Thrones collaboration, slick trailers, the overall presentation looking like a big budget AAA title. A lot of people are going to buy this unaware of Miyazaki's previous, expecting something accessible, perhaps like an Assassin's Creed. I am seriously not looking forward to some of the bosses that I've seen in the streams, at all, but imagine coming up against that completely green and unaware.

Hahahaha.

12 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Its going to be interesting to see how this is received by a wider audience. Big marketing spend, the Game Of Thrones collaboration, slick trailers, the overall presentation looking like a big budget AAA title. A lot of people are going to buy this unaware of Miyazaki's previous, expecting something accessible, perhaps like an Assassin's Creed. I am seriously not looking forward to some of the bosses that I've seen in the streams, at all, but imagine coming up against that completely green and unaware.

Hahahaha.

Hasnt he come out and said this game will be more “accessible”? I mean, I want it to be less accessible, so I hope it isnt!

9 minutes ago, kempstar said:

Hasnt he come out and said this game will be more “accessible”? I mean, I want it to be less accessible, so I hope it isnt!

He has, but I think he's trolling. I saw a boss on a stream today that had projectiles that looked like a bullet hell game. Yes you can summon and over-level, but you still have to dodge and survive the onslaught. I can't say that this looks like an easy FROM game. If anything it looks like NONE SHALL PASS: The Game.

1 minute ago, Uncle Nasty said:

He has, but I think he's trolling. I saw a boss on a stream today that had projectiles that looked like a bullet hell game. Yes you can summon and over-level, but you still have to dodge and survive the onslaught. I can't say that this looks like an easy FROM game. If anything it looks like NONE SHALL PASS: The Game.

Brilliant, I hope so 🤣

I believe it’s going to be more open and allow you to go off and do other things* if you come up against something too difficult, but I don’t for one minute believe they’re going to make any of the enemy encounters easier.

*By ‘do other things’, I hope this to be a more involved and rewarding version of grinding. So instead of rinsing the Undead Burg fifty times to level up a bunch, you’ll achieve the same thing by clearing dungeons and exploring the environment.

2 minutes ago, Mystacon said:

I believe it’s going to be more open and allow you to go off and do other things* if you come up against something too difficult, but I don’t for one minute believe they’re going to make any of the enemy encounters easier.

*By ‘do other things’, I hope this to be a more involved and rewarding version of grinding. So instead of rinsing the Undead Burg fifty times to level up a bunch, you’ll achieve the same thing by clearing dungeons and exploring the environment.

We'll see. I'd like to think that most things are balanced enough that preparation elsewhere can help. If you can exhaust everything available in every direction and still have trouble, I'd be worried. :D 

Have an irrational desire to get this physical purely because I have all the other ones on disc. Even though going to get it launch morning is a PITA compared to just downloading it and having it ready to go at midnight. 

It’s not as if it’s some rare collection I need to keep going and I’ll never sell it but…feels weird. 

3 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

We'll see. I'd like to think that most things are balanced enough that preparation elsewhere can help. If you can exhaust everything available in every direction and still have trouble, I'd be worried. :D 

Oh, I’m sure we’ll all still have trouble if we come to a fight armed to the teeth! :D

But then ‘easier’ doesn’t mean ‘easy’ ;)