IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

14 minutes ago, JPL said:

he good thing about Elden Ring though is that it's open world, so if you do get stuck at a certain point, you can just wander off in a random direction to level up and come back to the original sticking point later.

Yep. Unless there’s brutal misery in every direction, the game will hopefully have something to do that feels like progress.

As for whether or not From games need an easy mode, we have a whole topic that was a result of posts being split out from this very thread… :) 

4 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Watching the VaatiVidya preview again and my god, It just looks insanely fucking magnificent, the way he describes some of the off-map areas as being intimidating and the feeling of being totally lost and isolated, yes yes yes. Some of the details he mentions about the AI and events happening in the world, this is beyond anything we've seen before.

The weather, landscapes, castles, underground areas, caverns, it looks perfect.

How spoilerific is it? I have been on complete radio silence until now. But would love a small taster.

1 hour ago, kempstar said:

How spoilerific is it? I have been on complete radio silence until now. But would love a small taster.

It shows quite a lot, nearly 20 minutes of footage that was provided by FROM with VV talking over it about his experiences. A trailer or shorter taste might be better if you're trying to preserve as much as you can.

2 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

It shows quite a lot, nearly 20 minutes of footage that was provided by FROM with VV talking over it about his experiences. A trailer or shorter taste might be better if you're trying to preserve as much as you can.

Yep, im OUT. Will hold on just a bit longer….

38 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

Apparently Xbox owners can pre-load - sounds like it needs around 50Gb?

I seem to recall that was the size stated on the ms store. 

I’m guessing there’s going to be a lot of us moving to New Zealand next week? ☺️🇳🇿 

8 hours ago, robdood said:

SEVEN FUCKING SLEEPS. 

I'm never going to finish the Sifu guides I have planned.. Shit.  

I cannot recall being so excited by a game!

The only tiny drag is that I preordered the code in a box PC version for it’s associated physical tat. Which will, obviously, be the best physical tat I have ever bought. There is a patch AND stickers!

I’ll not be playing until 2-3 hours after Daz the postie drops it off but I am totally cool with that. Totally.

Seven fucking sleeps!!

6 minutes ago, Hamus said:

1. Is this proper multiplayer co-op?

2. If so, does it have crossplay?

What does question 1 mean? It's basically got multiplayer like all the souls games have had 

Only cross play between ps4 and PS5 I think

You participate in someone else's game by porting in and then return to yours when you're done. It's not a shared open world like an MMO.

I think you're platform locked for crossplay. ie PS to PS not PS to Xbox. I very much doubt PC will link to any console version. Not sure about PS4 to PS5; it probably will work, it did in the test.

This is the first game I’ve pre-ordered. Gone for PS5 digital version. My internet is fully wank. Will I be able to download it before launch day? I’ll probably need at least 24-48hrs to get the job done for launch. Want to be playing on the Friday as I’m working till late on the Saturday. Feel free to give me good news! :)

On 03/02/2022 at 10:50, dug said:

Yeeeeeeees! She's going to Bristol with her sister for the weekend! Meaning I can become maximum slob! I'm going to spend 48 hours doing nothing but playing Elden Ring and ordering takeaway! Then frantically tidying up ten minutes before she's due back!

The timing could not be better.

😭😭😭😭😭😭

She's not going to Bristol now. Apparently three days with her sister would drive her mad. I mean, fair point, but that's not much good for me, is it? On the plus side, she has a work training thing on Friday; fingers crossed it's in person rather than online.

Either way, ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!!