IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

1 minute ago, Number 28 said:

It's better than BOTW because you'll never get 'It seems Torrent couldn't hear your call...' when you whistle.

Well, technically…

(not really a spoiler and blindingly obvious if you think about it but)

Spoiler

your horse can’t hear your whistle in dungeons and the like. Plus if it gets battered it’s on a cool down before you can summon again.

Do you reckon there will be a lot more players on PS5 for this than Xbox? 

I have it preordered for Xbox but would be tempted to switch if the player count and options for summoning people in will be better on PS5. 

Just now, Fargo said:

I have it preordered for Xbox but would be tempted to switch if the player count and options for summoning people in will be better on PS5. 

It’s cross gen and there are a lot more PS4’s out there, so yes.

18 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Bearing in mind MS have just bought Bandai/Namco and cancelled the Playstation version (check your bank accounts for refunds) I’d say stick with the Xbox. 

What? My uncle in America told me. 

;)

2 hours ago, Hawklord said:

My missus messaged me today asking if I could get next Friday off as she has holidays to use up. Checked my work calendar and said to her, no need, I've already got that day booked off, so yes we can go through to Edinburgh for the day...:facepalm:

Crisis semi-averted after she saw the price of train tickets to Edinburgh, so it's now an afternoon in Glasgow (would have been 10am train to Edinburgh, now 2pm train to Glasgow). So I'll at least get some dying done in the morning lol

53 minutes ago, Waggo said:

All aboard the hype train (ahem) bus for this one.

image.png.15a13cd20606817f629b428c5ebf593e.png

I’ve sadly learned that the sides of buses are always full of lies to fool us poor Wretches, so clearly that release date is bollocks and it’s about to be delayed. Gutted.

I really want to play this as it looks so good, but I know I'll get quickly frustrated with dying repeatedly at the same point and sack it off.

I really wish they put in an easy mode for cretins like me with no patience. Sacrilege I know for this genre but I gave up early on Bloodborne and Dark Souls but really wish I could have seen the whole of the games.

its really rare these days for me to be beyond hype excited for a game but after reading the edge preview it just sounds utterly epic.

Ive never kept off videos for a game before launch and as trying as it is I just want to be totally immersed and wowed.

2 minutes ago, Pug said:

I really want to play this as it looks so good, but I know I'll get quickly frustrated with dying repeatedly at the same point and sack it off.

I really wish they put in an easy mode for cretins like me with no patience. Sacrilege I know for this genre but I gave up early on Bloodborne and Dark Souls but really wish I could have seen the whole of the games.

The good thing about Elden Ring though is that it's open world, so if you do get stuck at a certain point, you can just wander off in a random direction to level up and come back to the original sticking point later.

Bloodborne and Dark Souls often lead to dead ends due to their more linear nature, where you have to beat a boss to continue, but I'm sure this will be a lot more forgiving. I'm pretty sure Miyazaki has said as much himself.

7 minutes ago, Pug said:

As somebody that is absolutely awful at videogames in general, and also as someone that has finished all the Souls games*, I can promise you that an easy mode in a FromSoft game would just kill what’s so great about them.

The sense of accomplishment after you finally beat a boss after 100 attempts cannot be beaten. It’s at the very core of what sets these titles head and shoulders above the rest.

*I sense some people thinking, “Well you can’t be that bad”, but the first Dark Souls took me 250 hours to complete.

13 minutes ago, JPL said:

The good thing about Elden Ring though is that it's open world, so if you do get stuck at a certain point, you can just wander off in a random direction and get battered senseless elsewhere. 

Then sack it off.

Watching the VaatiVidya preview again and my god, It just looks insanely fucking magnificent, the way he describes some of the off-map areas as being intimidating and the feeling of being totally lost and isolated, yes yes yes. Some of the details he mentions about the AI and events happening in the world, this is beyond anything we've seen before.

The weather, landscapes, castles, underground areas, caverns, it looks perfect.