IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

27 minutes ago, robdood said:

a) the PS4 version of ER runs at a locked 60fps on PS5 - it's the actual PS5 version that's a bit jankier (but has more shinies)

b) Sekiro does have online stuff! It's very annoying. :D

Any idea how it runs on Series X? Isn’t there a menu option to have higher frame rate/less shinies or lower frame rate/more shinies?

On 07/02/2022 at 12:13, JPL said:

Any idea how it runs on Series X? Isn’t there a menu option to have higher frame rate/less shinies or lower frame rate/more shinies?

Digital Foundry tested both versions and apparently the PS5 version runs better overall, although it seemed like the X ran slightly better in certain areas. The PS4 version is a locked in 60fps though if you play it on PS5. You get the PS4 version with the PS5 version anyway, £40 digital. I’ve gone for that. Looking forward to getting stuck into it!

Just the last couple of bosses and some chalice stuff to do before I finish Bloodborne ready for this. No way I could juggle the two different combat styles :) Gonna be weird going from PS4 BB fps to PC Elden Ring too. Really looking forward to just roaming around the countryside taking enemies out on horseback.

6 minutes ago, CrichStand said:

Digital Foundry tested both versions and apparently the PS5 version runs better overall, although it seemed like the X ran slightly better in certain areas. The PS4 version is a locked in 60fps though if you play it on PS5. You get the PS4 version with the PS5 version anyway, £40 digital. I’ve gone for that. Looking forward to getting stuck into it!

I haven’t got a PS5 yet, so Series X it is. I’ll have a look at digital foundry to see what they say.

3 minutes ago, JPL said:

I haven’t got a PS5 yet, so Series X it is. I’ll have a look at digital foundry to see what they say.

There really wasn't much in it!  

Yeah, essentially PS5 had a slightly higher frame rate generally (3-4fps in some places) but SX was running at a slightly higher resolution. Swings and roundabouts (especially if you're using VRR).

Keep in mind, that was also not a final build - so anything could have changed.

Not long now, bring on the ring!

25 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Ordinarily I'd agree with you there, but the track record here isn't good when it comes to optimisation

I said things could change....didn't say that would absolutely be for the better.....

13 minutes ago, Ry said:

Not really read much about this game. Has there been any word on a easy mode being added?

No easy mode but the game director has been on record saying he expects more people to finish this one due to feedback and analysis of completion stats on the prev games. Something like that anyway. Either way…. Prepare to Die. 

30 minutes ago, Ry said:

Not really read much about this game. Has there been any word on a easy mode being added?

It' going to be the same as the other Soulsborne games, difficulty is mitigated by the users approach and knowledge and any help they may receive from summoning.

17 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Yeah got Prime but it currently says:

Not yet dispatched

Delivery Estimate:

Saturday, 26 February 2022

Guess it might change, cheers!

Probably why I went digital with this for the first time, saves me the stress on the 25th

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:
  Hide contents

Eurogamer have a deep dive on the first 6 hours. Spoilered just in case the thumbnail is itself a spoiler.

Digital Foundry are linked with Eurogamer aren't they? I'd expect a performance review before launch in that case, the truth is near

2 hours ago, Minion said:

It' going to be the same as the other Soulsborne games, difficulty is mitigated by the users approach and knowledge and any help they may receive from summoning.

I feel like it's not going to be as obtuse, at least in some ways. Little things like the site of grace pointing in a general direction, having an actual map to follow, being able to go and find crafting ingredients to bring back to base, having the catacombs as these clearly-defined dungeons that are isolated experiences. You'll be able to have more confidence about finding something to do that feels like progress, compared to the older games where you were dropped in with not much of a clue.

1 hour ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

Bit surprised there arent any pc specs out yet. Given it's a simultaneous release and not a subsequent port I assume they won't be much different than the hardware used on the consoles, but still....

Given it's roots as a PS4/Xbone game, it'll be quite similar to Sekiro / Dark Souls 3, I reckon. 

1 hour ago, Qazimod said:

I feel like it's not going to be as obtuse, at least in some ways. Little things like the site of grace pointing in a general direction, having an actual map to follow, being able to go and find crafting ingredients to bring back to base, having the catacombs as these clearly-defined dungeons that are isolated experiences. You'll be able to have more confidence about finding something to do that feels like progress, compared to the older games where you were dropped in with not much of a clue.

Yeah all things are pointing to this being their most accessible game yet! 

FOURTEEN SLEEPS