IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

34 minutes ago, Minion said:

In that first video the host dies then gets respawned back in whilst the fight is still taking place by the summon, err no thanks!!

I'm in favour of mods in general, but I wouldn't touch any of this kind with a bargepole. I think the feel of From games is so specifically designed that even slight changes can end up causing more harm to the experience than good. Something like DS Fix is a bit different, as it addresses technical shortcomings rather than actual game elements.

1 minute ago, robdood said:

Oooh where is this?

If I've got the right one, it's Sellia Hideaway (NE Caelid). I got wiped out, decided to move on, and haven't been back there yet.

18 minutes ago, Benny said:

I'm in favour of mods in general, but I wouldn't touch any of this kind with a bargepole. I think the feel of From games is so specifically designed that even slight changes can end up causing more harm to the experience than good. Something like DS Fix is a bit different, as it addresses technical shortcomings rather than actual game elements.

I'd like ot make a mod where I remove loads of the grace points.  Make the shortcuts in dungeons etc actually useful again!! 

1 hour ago, Girth Certificate said:

Lilaggy - the guy who's doing the all bosses speedruns - describes the 3 Crystalians as the worst boss in the game! 

I wish I'd saved the video cos it was funny. I did save the last 5 minutes of same fight with my katana character and it's amusing. At the start I've already killed one but the other 2 still have me on the run for the next 4  minutes. A couple of times I do a big jump attack with a talisman instead of a sword after curing rot. I bet I was furious. 

54 minutes ago, robdood said:

I'd like ot make a mod where I remove loads of the grace points.  Make the shortcuts in dungeons etc actually useful again!! 

There are way too many graces in this, it's a disappointing trend.

1 hour ago, Stigweard said:

It looks like they've made it impossible to get up there now. Maybe I'll have a look to see if there's another way.

This was the way to get to it after 1.04. Not sure if they have done another patch since then, to stop this. I only made the comment as the picture you included was the block they did with 1.04

24 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

This was the way to get to it after 1.04. Not sure if they have done another patch since then, to stop this. I only made the comment as the picture you included was the block they did with 1.04

I hadn't see this before and just tried it on the latest version on the xbox and did it ok.

43 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

Aaaah, see that's a different way to get up there. I think they have blocked off the way I got up. I'm 2nd guessing myself now though so I'll double check tonight.

11 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Aaaah, see that's a different way to get up there. I think they have blocked off the way I got up. I'm 2nd guessing myself now though so I'll double check tonight.

It's definitely a different way based on the image you posted of the block (and what I know of what got blocked off).

3 hours ago, Minion said:

I hate those twats so much! Are you on PS? I will happily come and help you do it, I've got lunch from now till 1:30?

I also wasted over an hour trying to kill them solo a while ago, pretty underlevelled for it. Tactics were to lure the others from the spellcaster and try and take him down but it was just such a battle of attrition I kept dying. If you can get a backstab in then it helps but opens you up to combos from the other two after it ends. I'll come back it it once I have some more health and better weapons. The spellcaster is a right bugger and its easy to get caught in his machine gun fire and die, so its a mad battle of running in and out looking for tiny openings and staying away from the spear guy. Twats indeed!

What the hell am I doing in this game? Every time I think I'm making progress somewhere, I just kind of reach a mini boss at the end and get some ashes or something. After going through the big castle, killing the great lord and heading back to the round table I was told about four (I think) other lords. I've been round the red place, been all the way north, been through the castle of hands, found a witch up a tower, found a massive sleeping dragon surrounded by loads of other dragons and other stuff but fuck knows where I'm actually going. Every way seems to lead to... Well, nothing, really. I don't want Ubisoft hand holding, but just a little nudge in the right direction would be handy.

19 minutes ago, squirtle said:

What the hell am I doing in this game? Every time I think I'm making progress somewhere, I just kind of reach a mini boss at the end and get some ashes or something. After going through the big castle, killing the great lord and heading back to the round table I was told about four (I think) other lords. I've been round the red place, been all the way north, been through the castle of hands, found a witch up a tower, found a massive sleeping dragon surrounded by loads of other dragons and other stuff but fuck knows where I'm actually going. Every way seems to lead to... Well, nothing, really. I don't want Ubisoft hand holding, but just a little nudge in the right direction would be handy.

Little nudge; there should be a guy called Sir Gideon Ofnir in the Roundtable Hold (he's surrounded by books). He should be able to give you some guidance and general info on what they want you to be getting on with.

1 minute ago, John0 said:

Little nudge; there should be a guy called Sir Gideon Ofnir in the Roundtable Hold (he's surrounded by books). He should be able to give you some guidance and general info on what they want you to be getting on with.

I've spoken to him. That's who told me about the other lords and where they are.

12 minutes ago, squirtle said:

I've spoken to him. That's who told me about the other lords and where they are.

Ah ok, well, that's your general task and direction at this point. I don't really have a massive grasp on the story myself but very briefly (if this was what you were after): The Roundtable Hold want you to collect two Great Runes so you can enter the capital and become Elden Lord to save the world (somehow) from the sorry state it's in due to the shattering of the Elden Ring. Those two can come from any of the four that Gideon mentioned, but I guess usually people just do all four. But there are many characters and factions all with their own agenda, some of which overlap to varying degress with the Rountable's / Two Fingers'.

27 minutes ago, squirtle said:

Nothing? None of this sounds like nothing though! More like an adventure! 

1 hour ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Nothing? None of this sounds like nothing though! More like an adventure! 

Yes, I mean, it's all good, but it feels directionless and every time I think I'm getting towards a proper boss or story beat, turns out I'm not and I need to head back. I also got to the top of a tower with rats on beams but there was nothing there. 

1 hour ago, squirtle said:

In the sort of middle of the lakes area should be a huge building, visible from afar. You might want to go poke around there, I think that's for most people the second big story bit.

2 hours ago, squirtle said:

Sounds like you've been doing all the side quests. You'll need to

Spoiler

head up to Altus Plateau and into the Capital. There's 2 ways of getting there. One is a lift that you need 2 parts of a medallion to operate and the other is an old tunnel with a difficult mini-boss. You'll need to have beaten at least 2 of the folk Gideon mentions before the Capital is accessible though

On 27/04/2022 at 15:57, Kryptonian said:

I expanded my repertoire for Melania - I have the rivers of blood sword, the swarm of flies (missed this first time through that area) as well as the icy dragon mist I got yesterday. She’s still really tough. A few times I get to the 2nd phase barely taking a scratch. Others, not so much.

Any joy yet?

I'm a ranged sorcerer (read: coward) and I'm pretty stuck, I don't think levelling up will make a difference as I've reached a bunch of level caps. Not quite sure how to proceed now, she's first boss I've been properly stuck on.

Just now, NickC said:

Any joy yet?

I'm a ranged sorcerer (read: coward) and I'm pretty stuck, I don't think levelling up will make a difference as I've reached a bunch of level caps. Not quite sure how to proceed now, she's first boss I've been properly stuck on.

Just beat her about 10 minutes ago. She's a massive prick.

Ended up being able to do the first phase not taking a hit repeatedly but the 2nd phase was a shitfest.