IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

2 minutes ago, Girth Certificate said:

a bloke who sells crab meat in Liurnia. Good guy. Easy to miss

Amazing.  Those lakes are a bloody nightmare to explore properly!

So, I've held off as long as I could, but decided to pick this up. 

The first thing I do is jump off a cliff.

I suspect, this is not the greatest of starts for someone who wants to become the elden lord...

It did make me chuckle inanely though.

40 minutes ago, robdood said:

I mean, I'm with you in general, but the games been out about 6 weeks by now, man. 

I struggle to see what else there is to look forward too. I’m treating it like this is the last game I’m going to buy this year.

2 hours ago, Talvalin said:

"Oh bloody Nora!" :lol:

I've been trying to swear less, okay?! 😁😁

Don't help myself by drinking while streaming though. Lol. 

1 hour ago, LaveDisco said:

It’s been out 6 weeks?! Man I’m dropping ten hours a week on this. It’s a full part time job! 

GOAT

Christ I've played about 25 hours a week since it came out 😬

48 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Rubbish, aren't they? I gave up on them, just seemed to keep ending up back at the same place. 

You could maybe try making a map? Or just remembering where you've been as they are not that extensive and there are a few bits of loot down there (and one of the hardest bosses I have encountered so far)..

I thought they were great.

I liked them folding back on themselves to make short cuts - but fast travel makes short cuts pointless anyway.  Then I missed timed a jump fell down a hole and some big twirly thing hit me about a million times in one go and one shotted me effectively. 

very good

I suppose your tolerance of areas like the sewers depends a lot on your build. If you're putting points into Faith then the status effects are trivial, but if you're constantly having to pop consumable cures repeat runs would get old fast.

Fire Giant is a bit of a prick huh?

4 hours ago, Uncle Nasty said:

I think @robdoodasked this but I didn't see an answer - do we know if the regional UK accents are in the global versions of the game? Is that what everyone hears? If so I just love that. Roderika sounds like my cousin from the Midlands.

At first I thought the dialogue was a bit dry, but now I've met more of the characters it's just brilliantly natural. Prawn guy was absolutely amazing.

I’ve been watching an American streamer play and she just got to Roderika in all her Brummie glory. 

5 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I’ve been watching an American streamer play and she just got to Roderika in all her Brummie glory. 

Apparently there isn't even Japanese voices on the Japanese version so yes the whole world is hearing a lot of Welsh accents.

3 minutes ago, Minion said:

Apparently there isn't even Japanese voices on the Japanese version so yes the whole world is hearing a lot of Welsh accents.

I'd love to know the motivation behind this. How unusual and great.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Considering how good all the English voice acting has been in Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne I have a feeling Miyazaki is somewhat of an Anglophobe. I can't think of many other games with voice acting and lines as well done as those two games. It gives me conniptions.

10 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

I reckon its related to the animator Miyazaki who himself spent time in the South Wales Valleys when researching Castle in the Sky. 

Well I like to think so and it make sense to me. 

For me though it shocks me to my core to think people like how I sound.  I've always thought it made me sound a bit twp tbh.