IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

The two pronged eagle attacks in the latter parts of

Spoiler

CRUMBLING FARUM AZULA

had me raging last night - yes simple enough enemies but the janky camera was going nuts and all over the place when they go airborne. First time I properly lost my shit with this game and raged quit

Well, Malenia was annoying. Kept dying instantly on her 2nd phase. Eventually resorted to summoning but they were worse than me lol. Got her in the end though.

Now in CFA and just beat the Godskin bros. That fight wasn't too bad. I feel I'm getting near the end now and I don't want it to finish 😕 

Rykard was much easier than the Godskin Fatboy I thought.

Spoiler

Once I realised that running up and twatting meant you hardly took any damage. Meant I never actually properly saw what he was doing though.

In volcano manor would’ve liked to have had more wandering around the house stuff. It was the outdoor lava areas I wasn’t so keen on.

onwards

30 minutes ago, cassidy said:

How did I end up in CFA and haven't fought Malenia yet? 

Malenia is an optional boss in an optional area.

4 hours ago, Benny said:

I'm wondering what the chances are we get an even more insane "Scholar of the First Sin" version down the road. Looking forward to how mad the DLC might be at any rate.

I like this dlc theory I saw in some YouTube video.

Spoiler

If you look on the map, the divine towers are arranged in a circle. In the centre of that circle is a patch of cloud, so you can't see what's under it. I bet a new legacy dungeon will rise out of the sea there.

Am I right in thinking that the last boss is resistant to 

Spoiler

Holy damage? If so, I might have to rethink my pure faith/lightning build, which is a bummer.

Separately, I'm in achievement mopping up mode now. Got all the legendary ashes and spells naturally. Need to get the talismans and armaments now as I head for CFA. And take down a certain subterranean bloody lord 👹. I reckon the 1000/1000 won't be too much trouble.

11 minutes ago, dug said:

I like this dlc theory I saw in some YouTube video.

Hide contents

If you look on the map, the divine towers are arranged in a circle. In the centre of that circle is a patch of cloud, so you can't see what's under it. I bet a new legacy dungeon will rise out of the sea there.

:excl:🤯

13 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

I am assuming the way I accessed Darkroot Depths 

Hide contents

Through the capital sewers , via a secret path close to the room where you meet the 3 Fingers

Is a back door of sorts - is there another way in? 

I didn't know you could get there that way!

I got there via 

Spoiler

the path that opens up after you kill Radahn.

49 minutes ago, dug said:

I didn't know you could get there that way!

I got there via 

Hide contents

the path that opens up after you kill Radahn.

Aha!

Could you give slightly more precise instructions? I thought that path dead-ended at the 

Spoiler

Finger-slayer blade.

Maliketh down, was a bit tricky as an astrologer,  just kept jumping on me! Killed him when he was mid leap with my last drop of FP and literally no health, I actually thought I was already dead at that point!

Sorry for the running commentary, pushing hard today!

4 minutes ago, RabMyself said:

Maliketh down, was a bit tricky as an astrologer,  just kept jumping on me! Killed him when he was mid leap with my last drop of FP and literally no health, I actually thought I was already dead at that point!

Sorry for the running commentary, pushing hard today!

It's constant running commentary from all who post in here. So no need to apologise. 

Talk away. 

So I have options again now and can continue exploring this snowy place and battle her who is tough.  Or seek out the end game.  

One question though, where the eff do I find / fight Mohg? Feel free to spoiler and no need to be alusive.  Thanks. 

15 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Aha!

Could you give slightly more precise instructions? I thought that path dead-ended at the 

Hide contents

Finger-slayer blade.

Did you do everything in the 

Spoiler

Siofra Aquaduct?

56 minutes ago, cassidy said:

One question though, where the eff do I find / fight Mohg? Feel free to spoiler and no need to be alusive.  Thanks. 

Which one?

Mini Mohg:

Spoiler

In the sewers under the capital, it's quite a convoluted path, probably best youtubing it.

Daddy Mohg:

Spoiler

Explore the north west of the snowy area, north of the Yelouxh Ruins.

Castle of Sol boss down, as well as the bird boss on the way there. Bit worried that the Wyrm sword is trivialising some fights. With Rotten Breath and the Wyrm sword I feel pretty unstoppable, it's just a devastating combo. I know just by typing this that it won't last.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Castle of Sol boss down, as well as the bird boss on the way there. Bit worried that the Wyrm sword is trivialising some fights. With Rotten Breath and the Wyrm sword I feel pretty unstoppable, it's just a devastating combo. I know just by typing this that it won't last.

Haligtree awaits your arrival.

1 hour ago, Anne Summers said:

Aha!

Hide contents

Finger-slayer blade.

To add a bit to what @MrCarrot said:

Spoiler

If you warp to the Night's Sacred Ground grace (the area where you find the finger slayer blade), but instead of heading down into the city, stay in the grassy, light-all-the-torches bit. There is another path from there.

Mohg down, and the Fell Twins. Good stuff.

I've found all the divine towers now and I think the theory posted above about them all pointing 

Spoiler

to the middle of the map is pretty convincing. Earlier, when I discovered the map was (somewhat fittingly) ring-shaped, I thought it would make sense that there would be something in the middle instead of just sea.

Dark Souls Atlantis DLC, I reckon. You heard it here first.

1 hour ago, MrCarrot said:

Did you do everything in the 

Hide contents

Siofra Aquaduct?

Hmm, not sure - I think I may have skipped the stag boss - the one that's basically a copy of one I beat earlier ... because I didn't get anything of much value for the first one, so assumed the same would be true of the second one ...

5 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Hmm, not sure - I think I may have skipped the stag boss - the one that's basically a copy of one I beat earlier ... because I didn't get anything of much value for the first one, so assumed the same would be true of the second one ...

There's a path nearby that you've missed, nearish to where you would have fought the boss you've mentioned.

Seek coffin, and then, it's like a dream.