IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

After 120 hours and the map fully uncovered (or so I thought) my jaw dropped from yet another area coming into view

Spoiler

Just ambling around the consecrated snowfields, headed to the mine then walked around it. Spotted a waygate slightly out the way, and just assumed it would take me to the capital or something. Nope, all across and under the map. To the lakes of blood. Incredible.

Also despite not getting the mimic until around 60 hours in, I can't remember playing without him. It's a semi permanent co-op buddy, which is brilliant.

I think I've missed something in the subterranean shunning grounds. 

Spoiler

Got the door open in the catacomb but there was just two of those fat guys in there and a talisman. 

Where have I missed something?

Just now, Lovelyman said:

I went round in circles for a while. Is it in the catacombs or the bit above them?

Spoiler

try pipe,

like a dream 

I’m actually dying a lot… spent quite a while and a sword key opening a short cut across from patches that just seemed entirely pointless.  Wandered around in circles then got stuck in a stairwell and killed by a serpent thing I couldn’t get away from. Just annoyed me.

Stormveil has still been the highlight of the game for me so far. 

12 minutes ago, scottcr said:

I’m actually dying a lot… spent quite a while and a sword key opening a short cut across from patches that just seemed entirely pointless.  Wandered around in circles then got stuck in a stairwell and killed by a serpent thing I couldn’t get away from. Just annoyed me.

Stormveil is one of the highlights of, well, ever.

But Volcano Manor is superb!

14 minutes ago, scottcr said:

If you are complaining about/being annoyed by wandering in circles and being killed by things then this may not be the game for you? As, that is where all the fun is in these games.

I don't really think unbalancing the game with so many runes is the best way to enjoy the game either.

Just now, Mike S said:

If you are complaining about/being annoyed by wandering in circles and being killed by things then this may not be the game for you? As, that is where all the fun is in these games.

I don't really think unbalancing the game with so many runes is the best way to enjoy the game either.

dunno. I loved Dark Souls. I’m finding this becoming a bit much… it just seems endless just now and maybe that’s my problem.  I don’t feel imbalanced either tbh. Seeds, tears and stones make a much bigger difference. 

12 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

WTF?! One of the highlights of the game for me. 

I enjoy the assassination quests must admit. Just not vibing with it. Sen’s Fortress did the scary snake monsters better I thought. 

Non-spoiler advice requested:

In the open area where you fight the boss in Ainsel River, I can see another area much lower down, but I do not trust the messages telling me to jump.

Is there a way down to the lower area from where I am and u need to search around more, or is there another entrance to the river that will get me there instead?

8 minutes ago, Talvalin said:

In the open area where you fight the boss in Ainsel River, I can see another area much lower down, but I do not trust the messages telling me to jump.

Is there a way down to the lower area from where I am and u need to search around more, or is there another entrance to the river that will get me there instead?

Another entrance. If you're where I'm thinking of, you've reached the end of the line for now.

52 minutes ago, Talvalin said:

Yeah, I was there last night, the map didn’t show that area so I noped out. 

That whole area was horrible, was happy to get tae fuck. 

1 hour ago, Talvalin said:

You get there later from another entrance. 

If you look down from the top you might see me camping by the not-bonfire, as it's where I turned off the game last night :)

4 hours ago, therearerules said:

After 120 hours and the map fully uncovered (or so I thought) my jaw dropped from yet another area coming into view

Hide contents

Just ambling around the consecrated snowfields, headed to the mine then walked around it. Spotted a waygate slightly out the way, and just assumed it would take me to the capital or something. Nope, all across and under the map. To the lakes of blood. Incredible.

Also despite not getting the mimic until around 60 hours in, I can't remember playing without him. It's a semi permanent co-op buddy, which is brilliant.

There are a few outdoor, non boss areas where you can summon, and I love the feeling of hanging out with my mimic whilst looking around. 

My go to class in any game that will let me is always one that has a companion. I was a hunter in WoW for over a decade, and I really get off on the companion aspect. 

1 hour ago, Ste Pickford said:

Another journal update.  I think I forgot to post the previous one too.  I'm spending more time drawing than playing!

Hide contents

Not gonna lie; really kind of making me want an Erdtree Avatar tattoo 👀 I’d pretty much have that exact drawing. It’s superb. 

Have you ever offered up art for tattoos before?

I'm wondering what the chances are we get an even more insane "Scholar of the First Sin" version down the road. Looking forward to how mad the DLC might be at any rate.

There's so much in the game already that as far as DLC goes I'd probably be happy with some different gear or a few more of the "final" upgrade materials (Ancient Wondrous Ultimate Final Big Dick G Stone or whatever they are.)

But if we're doing wishlists, maybe drop an Evergaol warp on the map that just gets you into a random fight, perhaps with previously-defeated bosses or something. That would be fun.