IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

The speedrunners have found a way to skip the one boss in the run, so a run of less than ten minutes with no actual fights is now feasible. Just watching mitchriz try out the new route, he made it to CFA in under 3 minutes :lol:

1 minute ago, scottcr said:

He just got 5M runes and levelled up to 167. Hahaha

Yeah it's not broken you can do that in all the souls games it's part of the charm of jolly cooperation. Saying that he'll find if he levels up too much he won't find many people summoning him unless he's using a trading platform to arange these meets and they agree passwords as this circumvents the level range caps on summoning. It also takes into account weapon level. The community meta will be around 150ish and in the starting few areas he'd want to be lower as it will probably be only ng+ people seeing his summon sign. Of course the game is hugely popular right now so there's summoning happening nearly everywhere at every level but it will tail off in the future.

Fuck you Malenia. Stay dead.

+10 Rivers of Blood, spamming L2 Corpse Piler with a mimic tossing blood flies at her just made that stupidly trivial. Both phases gone in seconds.

Massively unbalanced vs everything else I’ve tried against her for days. Bit daft really, just relief rather than happiness.

43 minutes ago, jonamok said:

Fuck you Malenia. Stay dead.

+10 Rivers of Blood, spamming L2 Corpse Piler with a mimic tossing blood flies at her just made that stupidly trivial. Both phases gone in seconds.

Massively unbalanced vs everything else I’ve tried against her for days. Bit daft really, just relief rather than happiness.

I felt the same, and yet, as with all these things, now it’s over I feel like I made a bigger deal out of it than I should have.

Because this guy killed her with a bow, and pretty much dodges every attack, including the Waterfowl Dance. 

Makes it look so easy!

Placidusax dead too. That’s bosswang. Just Rad/EB to go. Had no luck with phase 2 so far.

When I eventually find the best YT cheese strat, I’ll be sad the game is over but fucking glad this last bit is done.

The last 10 hours of brick-wall-head-banging have definitely dropped it from an easy 10/10 to a regretful 9/10 for me.

Terrible way to finish such a momentous achievement. And a real shame they pooched the landing for the typical (non-got-gud) player.

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

Waterfowl is easy to dodge! It’s probably the easiest of her attacks to dodge! 

Only if you consider “run away” part of the dodge. Actual dodging the whole thing isn’t easier than dodging one thrust move. 

So what level should I be at for the last boss 

Spoiler

R then EB?

There are literally no summon signs appearing for me but I know that summoning is working because I'm summoned as soon as I put my sign down.

The first phase takes me seconds, solo, but I do almost no damage on the second and it's really starting to frustrate me.

1 minute ago, Don Wiskerando said:

So what level should I be at for the last boss 

Hide contents

R then EB?

There are literally no summon signs appearing for me but I know that summoning is working because I'm summoned as soon as I put my sign down.

The first phase takes me seconds, solo, but I do almost no damage on the second and it's really starting to frustrate me.

Spoiler

I was level 150 odd by this point. For the second phase it is I think resistant to Holy damage, so if you have a holy weapon that could be why.

1 hour ago, Talvalin said:

Has anyone experienced any comical AI pathfinding fails? I had one in Nokron earlier that left me faintly bemused.

Missed opportunity for a gesture at the end, or a Prattling Pate "wonderful". :(

Yep! In fact same thing happened to me on that same enemy. The main boss just up from there met the same fate, too. 

It's a bit daft but a wins a win!

Level 85 now at 60 hours. I'm flicking between multiple areas now, mainly focusing on the witch quest but also pop over to Caelid for a nice break every now and then. Just so much and I'm loving it all. 

in other news this lore explainer from vaativida came out

https://youtu.be/DYDs_Inzkz4

I haven't a clue what's going on so made a start on the video. I don't care about the lore spoilers since it's all bobbins, but he presents it really well as always and there's so much lore that I was clueless about. Location spoilers though so I dipped out after a while. 

Thanks all for the tips re. Ordina. I made my way through it right away after I had the right item.

I'm now begrudgingly making my way through the area that it takes you to, which is essentially rotten Elrond, and while it looks amazing, the fact that I'm a few levels shy of 150, with 60 VIG and heavy armour, but can get still two-shotted by most enemies here is a bit...crap. I can't say it does a great deal for the developing power fantasy idea.

I get that From have tried to keep the stakes high up until the end of the game, but cramming the screen with enemies, all of whom can just evaporate my massive health bar in seconds, and who have huge tanks of HP themselves that you're forced to spend ages whittling down, feels pretty naff. This is especially true when most of the enemies are ones I've already fought, but who now have ten times the HP and attack power. I got combo'd to death by a Misbeggoten with a dagger last night, and I felt like asking it what the fuck it thought it was doing. I know that if I warped back to Castle Morne then the exact same enemy would hardly scratch me.

11 minutes ago, El Spatula said:

Use the Black Knife Armour for Oridina, crouch and hidden body. No worries then.

Just use the torch, you don't actually have to be holding it either, as long as it's in your off-hand you can stow it away and hold your right hand weapon with both hands.

52 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

No, you can stay next to her and dodge it. 

I didn’t say you couldn’t. I said it wasn’t easier than dodging a thrust. Which is one roll and easily timed. 

1 hour ago, Benny said:

Also, silly question but are you using the item to display summon signs?

I am.  I have loads of them from helping other players.  I've seen it beaten a load of times but no luck for me.   I'm level 128ish last time I looked.    I've got into the habit of leveling weapons instead of myself just recently just to try out something new.

My favourite is using the Fire Giants Braid from horseback.

I cant seem to get summon signs to appear anywhere at the moment on Xbox. I can get summoned (although that seems to take ages when it used to be instant). NAT is open etc. Was working fine until yesterday or so.

Did the final boss, Malenia, and also Lord Blood last night. Between my level (150ish), my mimic, my weapons, the +2 holy resist talisman, and my incredible talent (ok, maybe mostly the first four), it was all pretty straightforward in all honesty. Bit disappointed in myself really - think I'll introduce some no-ashes discipline in NG+, apart from a couple of the fights where I'm outnumbered.

I left the endings (with a healthy dose of save scumming) for tonight. Bit sad that my month of seemingly endless exploration has, in fact, now come to an end.

Still massively stalling the endgame because of all this boss talk. I'm through the Capital now and think I've rinsed every single side quest, gaol and location. Does it go downhill badly after the Capital?

15 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Still massively stalling the endgame because of all this boss talk. I'm through the Capital now and think I've rinsed every single side quest, gaol and location. Does it go downhill badly after the Capital?

You’ve got loads to see and do, don’t worry. There’s a bit of a difficulty spike post capital but it’s all doable.

4 minutes ago, Strafe said:

You’ve got loads to see and do, don’t worry. There’s a bit of a difficulty spike post capital but it’s all doable.

It doesn’t go downhill imo, some people think it does but I liked it all. There’s a bit of a boss rush at the end, depending on which order you do things. 

don’t forget to do the capital sewers if you haven’t already!