IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

1 hour ago, Benny said:

I actually find dual wielding very difficult because I'm so used to muscle memory with attacking on R1.

I'd say R1 is probably my least used attack button in this game, bravo Michael Zaki!

1 minute ago, Hawklord said:

Fire Giant Fucker!

Hide contents

Had Ekzyke's Decay on him. Another few seconds and he'd have been down :mad:

17ffa76881f51-screenshotUrl.thumb.jpg.1d1a6dab306f2709bad1bda81fcbaca5.jpg

We can start a support group soon. 

Giant prick that he is. 

2 hours ago, Broker said:

I’m finding fighting everything solo with no shield pretty interesting. Outside of Radahn nothing has been really difficult so far, with my two katanas slapping most enemies pretty easily. 

You can dual wield?

Little things I appreciate about Elden Ring no. 27:

The way that Margit totally does that Saturday morning cartoon villain thing when you defeat him. "You will rue the day you ever crossed me, you muscle-bound moron! That's it, slink away like the coward you are! When next we meet you will discover the true power of Margit the Merciless! Yah ha ha ha haaaaaa!"

Even though you just kicked his ass.

7 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Is it actually possible to avoid that mad three part whirlwind smash she does?! 

yes, by running a long long way away. It hasn’t helped me beat her though.

Did Commander Niall earlier. Went in with my usual build and did alright. Then did terribly a lot. Then tried a few other strategies and failed. Went back to the original set up, had a few close calls. Then I had an enchanted branch mentioned to me and did it with that. I reckon I could’ve done it without as on some goes I killed his pals in seconds but it’s the everything coming together that wasn’t happening.

Anyway, I was at it an hour and a half and it took 2 mins in the end. Video:

Spoiler

Is Caelid a bit emptier than the other areas? I feel like I spent a lot of time scouring Liurnia (and still don’t know how to get to the bit on top of the Albinauric village!) and the first area, but Caelid doesn’t seem to have as much going on. Which would sort of fit with it being barren, but maybe I’m not looking hard enough. 

21 hours ago, Ste Pickford said:

Urgh, had a really rubbish time tonight, feeling really unskillful and crap.  Way behind all you end game lot, but not really getting anywhere.  Tried some more with the Godskin Nobel, but my best attempt was getting him down to 50%.  Feel like I can't really take a boss on without summons to help me, so went elsewhere. Got to the Regal Ancestor Spirit and my best go there was getting him down to 50%.   

Went and killed that train with the giants pulling a carriage along a road in Limgrave to make me feel better. At least I could kill them!

They were my go to for tune farming for a looong time. And the party of twats almost killed me at level 80ish when I got lazy! Stupid fire torch bastards. 

11 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Thats a lot of DEX and END and very little VIG especially for a light load build. That’s one shot = death territory.

I personally would get VIG up to 40 asap, as that’s the first soft cap for it, and only level the stat requirements to hit your weapon of choice. 

If idiots like me that rush in and get hit all the time can manage with 37 VIG end games and not feel squishy, I think telling someone to get 40 is overkill. 35 maybe.  

6 hours ago, cassidy said:

I've nearly gotten him so many times and have perfected phase 1 now. I will try the cheese though. 

Rotten breath for phase 2 and just avoid him. 

38 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

I’ve managed to roll through it all once!!!

30 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Yeah, I wondered if you could just sprint.

This might be the hardest Fromsoft boss ever. 

If you can sprint away early enough, you run directly away for the first two flurries, turn and roll through her third, then run a little left or right and then roll through the last attack.

If you're too close when the attack begins you also have to roll the second flurry as you're sprinting away, before dodging the rest in the same manner as above.

I actually didn't really do this until the very last time I beat her though - she's definitely doable without if you've got an ash summon to draw aggro and keep her pinned down!

30 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

I think several in Sekiro hold that honour tbh. In Elden Ring you get so many "options" there's definitely ways to overcome eventually, maybe even more so than the hardest bosses in Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne. IMO of course.

42 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

I did the run the hell away thing but appears you can knock her out of the animation using items.

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Benny said:

I think several in Sekiro hold that honour tbh. In Elden Ring you get so many "options" there's definitely ways to overcome eventually, maybe even more so than the hardest bosses in Dark Souls 3 or Bloodborne. IMO of course.

Ah yes, I’ve not played Sekiro.

I feel a respec coming on, as I hear she is weak to bleed…

1 hour ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Freezing pot completely cancels it

Edit - already linked to above!

1 hour ago, Davros sock drawer said:

I watched some vids on the tube last night and it's technically possible but it's fucking hard, basically you need to run away from the first flurry so she misses, 2nd flurry she gets you whatever so roll in to her, then for the third flurry if you haven't spam rolled to death already you kind of just walk out of it the oppoisite way you're facing. But seriously? Fuck that.

This is how I did it. Equip a weapon with bloodhound step, when she goes up in the air spam it like crazy and you might just survive. Repeat when she does it again and for her deathbomb at the start of phase 2 which can also be repeated as well as a scarlot rot waterfowl dance. So good luck!

Funnily enough I'm trying to co-op her again now. In the week I've been trying with people I haven't seen her fall once with other players, once we were close, like 20% left of 2nd phase and she scarlet rot waterfowl danced the host. It's definitely the hardest Fromsoft boss I think mainly because of that one move but also because you can't block your way through the fight as you just heal her.

It will  be ok, it will feel frustrating and you will wonder how to do it but you will find a way, there are many things you can do to help you get through the fight, the method I mentioned is what got me through as well as preparing my mimic appropriately - give it healing items like the raw meat dumpling and the uplifting aromatic and dual weilding katanas. Unfortunately at the beginning of phase 2 it will run straight into her rot cloud and get rot so you just need to survive and put down as much damage as you possibly can as the mimic will die from rot unless it heals itself which if you put the dumpling and aromatic on the equip bar it should. High damage fast weapon skills like unsheath or the rivers of blood corpse pile are popular. I'm sure there are other methods but this was mine. Bloodhound step got me through it tbh.

13 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Not looking forward to this fight at all. 

It’s…interesting. I’m sure it can be done, but it currently feels like it can’t. I’m (almost) a pure strength build and between myself and the mimic we were able to get her down to below half health. But as soon as the mimic died she was all over me, and by the time the fight was over she was almost back to full health! 

Fortunately I still have loads of the game to explore, so I went off and did some catacombs (including an awesome one in the final area). I also re-specced for Dex/Arcane so I could try Eleonora’s Poleblade and Rivers of Blood, both of which I was able to get to +9 immediately thanks to having found most of the Bell Bearings I needed. I think I like Eleonora’s the best so far. I was about ready for a change anyway, and I can always go back to my strength build as I still have 11 Larval Tears.

Took another 3 attempts including 2 where I somehow died to a one shot on the way but he's down :D 

Spoiler

17ffb6a4c6e50-screenshotUrl.thumb.jpg.df50769ae1c5647a7c108f8f259ad8d9.jpg

Then I had a look around the Forge

Spoiler

And lost all my Runes because apparently you can't go fucking down into the Forge! I also missed the Grace after FG and died on the way up the chains to get my runes back. Ah well only 1.5 levels anyway lol

Been moseying around the Consecrated Snowfield and I think I'm done for tonight. Too many things attacking out of nowhere and I can't see a thing

16 minutes ago, Broker said:

Dual Katanas are the best. DTS down, no blocking, no summons

Hide contents

Nice! Get the crowfeather garb on the go too for more jump attack powah!

After a week of mopping up, I'm almost ready to take the Grand LoR up to the next section of the game. I've done all the heroes' graves, every boss and mini-boss on ground and underground level that I know of (except for M, lord of B), and I've advanced every major NPC's questline as far as they can go at this point. I've got one more ulcerated tree twat to take out, then it'll finally be time to move on up.

I'm at level 130-odd, with 57 VIG and a +23 Morning Star, +10 Mimic Tear and some other high level summons, so I'm hoping that'll be enough for these final late game areas, once I eventually get to them.