IGNORED

Elden Ring - chortlesome japes

Broker

Idgi. An erdtree avatar in Haligtreetown is a ballache, but Godfrey proper down on the second go? And only second because I was an idiot on the first. 

The mobs are harder than the bloody bosses. Or am I just overlevelled at 127 and shit at mobs?

My spec 

Spoiler

35804AB4-3F48-45E4-A933-48C8538ADDB3.thumb.jpeg.c405edbcf3f13963bceb7760984e7288.jpeg

1 hour ago, Uzi said:

Almost done with second playthrough and only achievements left are two of the endings. Will do the backup save trick to trigger them both and should have seen everything and all the side quests I am aware of and care about to its end. I went back and played some Dark Souls 2 and 3 after 100 hours here. Yuck. Ruined. 

I mean they're still good games, but they feel so wrong. Pressing A/X for stuff is so so wrong now.  

Can't believe you're about to complete it twice already. Bloody hell, you must be flying through it. I'm still struggling in Caelid and Altus.

I can't imagine playing a Souls game without a jump button from now on, especially the jump R2 attack.

Final boss down. Fight ended with no stamina flailing around desperately :lol: . I don’t think it’s a good final boss simply based on how much it runs away like a prick and how you can’t be 100% sure you’ll hit it unless you are right up against his belly. Beautiful though.

it’s easily a 10/10 game, for both how good it is in isolation but also for showing everyone else what they are doing wrong. Possibly even more so than BOTW but maybe not more than Halo 1. I dunno how I can play an assassins creed or far cry again after this. Even the next God of War might not seem so great

fucking DLC, or just turn on the secret chalice dungeon mode for infinite randomly generated fun.

woops I might have triggered NG+ by accident. Edit no I didn’t. TFFT

40 minutes ago, joemul said:

Can't believe you're about to complete it twice already. Bloody hell, you must be flying through it. I'm still struggling in Caelid and Altus.

I can't imagine playing a Souls game without a jump button from now on, especially the jump R2 attack.

To be fair and I can't stress this enough, in new game plus the game does not scale to how much of a badass you are at the end of new game (the weapon art on my sword clears enemies mostly in one hit ahead of me by about a mile). In new game plus I haven't once died to a boss (although about to go to Farum so lets see how that holds up). It's that easy with an OP build and mimic+10.

Plus you'll retain all the knowledge of the map and get to areas you want to pretty quick and I'm not repeating the long side quests (Ranni) I did in my first playthrough and instead mopping up other ones (Hyetta/Corhyn) I didn't see all the way through. This replay so far has been about 15-20 hours.

22 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

I’ve reached a boss that I have absolutely no idea how I am going to even approach hurting. It’s a boss I’ve beaten many times, only this time I’m fighting him on a postage stamp sized puddle of rot. Nightmare! 

There is some terrain around it just gotta do your best to use it and keep moving!

On 31/03/2022 at 10:28, Qazimod said:

It’s poison for the compulsive hoarder. “What, use a Rune Arc? What if I need it for something later?”

I finished the game with 100 rune arcs in the bank...

I'm never not using a rune arc. I'm not using perfume because that's all for my mimic, but everything else gets used. The problem is I forget about it. I've so many greases for my sword but the few times I have a difficult encounter I forget they're even an option.

1 hour ago, NexivRed said:

Idgi. An erdtree avatar in Haligtreetown is a ballache, but Godfrey proper down on the second go? And only second because I was an idiot on the first. 

The mobs are harder than the bloody bosses. Or am I just overlevelled at 127 and shit at mobs?

My spec 

Hide contents

35804AB4-3F48-45E4-A933-48C8538ADDB3.thumb.jpeg.c405edbcf3f13963bceb7760984e7288.jpeg

You're not overlevelled you're doing well! I was a lot more levelled than that for Godfrey 2 and he  took me a little while, all those stomps. And those erdtree avatars in Elphael are incredibly tough especially the one before the grace with the buffed knights I ended up sommoning some dudes who killed it for me. You do want to grab all the items in Elphael though, there's top level stones and other goodies lutking around. Also you mentioned running past the tree sentinel in CFA, if you kill him he doesn't respawn , but you've done Maliketh now, well done! Did you know there is another boss in CFA by the way, he's pretty tough? If you want advice on how to find him let us know.

1 minute ago, Minion said:

You're not overlevelled you're doing well! I was a lot more levelled than that for Godfrey 2 and he  took me a little while, all those stomps. And those erdtree avatars in Elphael are incredibly tough especially the one before the grace with the buffed knights I ended up sommoning some dudes who killed it for me. You do want to grab all the items in Elphael though, there's top level stones and other goodies lutking around. Also you mentioned running past the tree sentinel in CFA, if you kill him he doesn't respawn , but you've done Maliketh now, well done! Did you know there is another boss in CFA by the way, he's pretty tough? If you want advice on how to find him let us know.

What’s CFA short for? 😅

Yeah, I’m just going around Elphael now. I love this place. It’s very fun. 200k runes just killing regular mobs! I really wanna take down these erdtrees using something different. Some ranged fire. I have shit loads of high level smithing stones and all the ball bearings now I think, but not sure what to choose. Or maybe I should try some magic? I feel like I have too many levels to do anything with lol. I kill these soldiers easily, so it’d just be Melania I’d need all this DEX for. 

I’ve levelled the Horn Bow to +14 but it still seems shit. 

Happy to hear about any bosses. I’ve been using some guides to make sure I grabbed everything in other areas. Still can’t quite beat Alecto. Bit of health left. Should probably go and try Borealis again. He’s such a fat assed tanky prick. 

24 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

What’s CFA short for? 😅

Yeah, I’m just going around Elphael now. I love this place. It’s very fun. 200k runes just killing regular mobs! I really wanna take down these erdtrees using something different. Some ranged fire. I have shit loads of high level smithing stones and all the ball bearings now I think, but not sure what to choose. Or maybe I should try some magic? I feel like I have too many levels to do anything with lol. I kill these soldiers easily, so it’d just be Melania I’d need all this DEX for. 

I’ve levelled the Horn Bow to +14 but it still seems shit. 

Crumbling Faram Azula - that level with Maliketh :)

The guys I summoned to kill that avatar by the grace were using the blasphemous blade which has a special attack that is a big shot of fire, also you get health back for every enemy that dies whilst weilding it. It does require 21 Fth though unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Minion said:

Crumbling Faram Azula - that level with Maliketh :)

The guys I summoned to kill that avatar by the grace were using the blasphemous blade which has a special attack that is a big shot of fire, also you get health back for every enemy that dies whilst weilding it. It does require 21 Fth though unfortunately.

Ahh okay. I’ll go have a hunt. 

Can't believe I'm still finding new areas after nearly 180 hours and I'm still not even through the Capital. Getting going on Dung Eater's questline was quite something.

Got my Mimic up to +10 but kind of regret not putting the points into Engvall or the Greatshield Soldiers now. The Mimic Tear is doing amazing things but it makes all the other Spirit Summons pretty much redundant. Crazy fun to experiment with loadouts for it though.

The way this game makes me feel reminds me of playing the Hobbit on the Speccy or reading through Warlock Of Firetop Mountain for the first time. The sense of complete wonder and awe, being completely engrossed and entranced, not wanting to think about anything else or do anything else. It's so consuming and takes over your life in the best possible way.

Sitting outside the Gargoyle's door and prepping my Mimic for another go at them. Just love this to bits.

Yeah I stuck with my longbow throughout, except for the times I wanted to make things bleed with the pulley crossbow.

IMO the extra weight of greatbows, isn't worth the benefit.  Someone else may tell me I'm wrong though.

31 minutes ago, Triple A said:

Yeah I stuck with my longbow throughout, except for the times I wanted to make things bleed with the pulley crossbow.

IMO the extra weight of greatbows, isn't worth the benefit.  Someone else may tell me I'm wrong though.

I don't think you're wrong, but a reeeeally nice complimentary bow is the Black Bow.  Technically also a medium bow, but the gimmick is it fires like a light bow, which means rolling and jump/landing combo shots, which are super useful imo for annoying flying enemies!

My +9 Pulley Bow gets almost as much use as my Zweihander.

Had a few goes at Melania. It’s a hilariously vicious fight, up there with Maria or Orphan of Kos in Bloodborne in terms of how in your face she is, and her gimmick is very cruel.

She’s a bit too tough for me tonight so I tried CFA for the first time. Got stomped by a dragon. 

Then I warped out to Church of Elleh just to buy some arrows and seeing the green grass and sunshine felt like going on holiday. I might do a tour of the start areas before I try to push on to the finish line. 

6 hours ago, robdood said:

I'm not sure exactly, but probably something to do with Morgott, who you fight in the Capital.  

Reveal hidden contents

i.e. they are so obviously the same person, I'm just not sure why one is 'fell omen' and the other is 'omen king'.  Very odd.   Mayb Margit isn't 'real' and is projected / conjured by someone/thing?

What I really meant was…. Why there, and for him? (and not for me)