rllmuk
dumpster

Virtua Racing - Switch. It's really, really good! Now available in UK.

been playing this loads, really enjoyed playing to get the win on each track. then been trying to move up the leaderboards, had some tips from here/Donut and went a bit faster, it was fun, but it got a bit frustrating as i can't get the last corner right at all. then switched back to normal steering and using the d-pad - could take the last corner better like this but was slightly slower round the rest of the track and it makes slipstreaming harder, but the car would suddenly slow down for no apparent reason - turns out this was accidentally pressing down on the d-pad (pro controller) which acts as the brake! so now using split joycons. still unsurprisingly behind Donut :D the last corner is probably where i'm losing most of the time. anyway, this was my first time playing it, great game and amazing port by M2.

18 hours ago, Dudley said:

I've never liked Outrun. (1 anyway, 2+ is a fucking masterpiece)

But this version absolutely convinced me.

What's the reason for that? Is it better than Cannonball's emulation?

Edit: for the sake of £4 I gave it a go. Holy shit, what a conversion.  It looks just like emulation but you can feel how they absolutely nailed the handling from the first turn.  Extra music and car enhancements as well.  Bargain.

• Upvote 3

I’ve switched to the default view (having previously been using the next zoomed out view) and shave another second off my time!  Might have just been a coincidence of course. 

3:13.46 now, rank 283. Would love to get into the top 100, but guessing would need a 3:11 for that. 

Had a solid hour on this on Saturday and am now just outside the top 300. My times kept getting worse because I'm shit, though my starting lap is now usually 40s or under.

On 14/07/2019 at 07:59, dumpster said:

What's the reason for that? Is it better than Cannonball's emulation?

Edit: for the sake of £4 I gave it a go. Holy shit, what a conversion.  It looks just like emulation but you can feel how they absolutely nailed the handling from the first turn.  Extra music and car enhancements as well.  Bargain.

Just picked up Outrun for my Switch... ended up costing me £3.52(!). Think I had some gold points I'd got from somewhere which brought the price down further. Look forward to having a blast on this tonight! :) 

Well, well. Moved to digital controls on the joycon and beat my best time twice... On the first two goes with that method :/ 3.12.62 now. Think I'll stick with it. 

Does anyone else find normal steering significantly worse for Acropolis? Using arcade steering it’s super easy to get it round the hairpin but with normal it’s like there’s a powerful magnet on the outside of the track and the car just won’t turn in. 

Holiday time! Got some time in the hotel room today and have figured out a few things. Focusing on taking corners as tightly as possible seems to have taken me up a good notch, quite a few of my first laps are 39.09 now.

Top 6 looks like this:-

A5C94F25-9FA4-4D0B-A01A-33948DD02801.jpeg

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, Jazz Glands said:

“ACE” :lol:

As I was posting the image I was thinking ffs, I don’t even know how that started but it’s always been my arcade name, my excuse is it’s quick to enter and my name is Jason so it’s kinda like Jase :)

Yes Postino! I guess now we’re headed for the 3:09s, after thinking it wouldn’t be manageable I’ve done a couple of 37.65 laps so it’s on the cards after all.

On 17/07/2019 at 01:45, Cheeko said:

As I was posting the image I was thinking ffs, I don’t even know how that started but it’s always been my arcade name, my excuse is it’s quick to enter and my name is Jason so it’s kinda like Jase :)

Yes Postino! I guess now we’re headed for the 3:09s, after thinking it wouldn’t be manageable I’ve done a couple of 37.65 laps so it’s on the cards after all.

3'10"56 now. That's taken me a bloody week to nail down! :lol:

• Upvote 1

On 17/07/2019 at 06:45, Cheeko said:

Sure thing ace 

• Upvote 1