rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Edge #333 | Playdate

28 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

It's so bloody incessant, though. Seemingly every thread in here has you wanging on about how RDR2 wasn't very good. Just like the Film folder and your opinion on TLJ. We get it.

Don’t be so miserable Mike, it’s no big deal. Stick me on ignore if it bothers you that much.

• Downvote 2

22 minutes ago, JPL said:

Don’t be so miserable Mike, it’s no big deal. Stick me on ignore if it bothers you that much.

I don't want to stick you on ignore. I want you to break out of your loop. It's as bad as NEG or some shit.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I don't want to stick you on ignore. I want you to break out of your loop. It's as bad as NEG or some shit.

It was just a joke. Can everyone please relax now, it isn’t that big a deal.

• Downvote 1

Is RDR2 shit on Xbox? That is usually the reason that JPL hates something, if it makes his expensive Microsoft fleshlight look bad.

On topic, that subscriber cover. Wow!

• Downvote 2

On 23/05/2019 at 14:55, Nate Dogg III said:

Okay, one of them. 

The last few Tekkens have been prime advocates of score redundancy. The first two or three had that fresh-tech appeal to a spectrum of gamers, but they've since become high-level, ongoing investments for fans, and frustratingly complex for casuals who just wanna have some fun dabbling. T6, Tag 2 and T7 are 7-9 range for lots of old-school players, but then maybe sub-fives for everyone else. You're on a hiding to nothing trying to score them.

On 23/05/2019 at 12:54, Qazimod said:

Hmm, for a moment I didn’t think they’d end up covering Katana Zero - it’s more of an 8 to me, but of course it’s all in the text. :) 

Okay I've since read the text - I can't disagree with the notes on the story/play balance or awkward pacing but it didn't affect me quite so much. And I guess it's a contrast from something like Hotline Miami (which was mostly "get up, answer phone, go to car") ;) 

In the meantime there's still DLC incoming, so yay.

21 hours ago, MaffewE said:

Side question, Mr. Dogg III. Any idea when this issue (and the current SFX, come to think of it) will make their way on to Readily? No sign of them just yet.

This! Anybody have this issue appear on anything other than iOS? 

On 23/05/2019 at 11:33, Down by Law said:

"everyone here is shit at fighting games and has been for the last twenty years. 5/10"

It'd be interesting to know what the benchmark is to satisfy the "must be bad at the game lol" haters - are readers expecting coverage from Evo winners or just people with an eye for balanced systems and an enthusiasm for the genre? I certainly fall into the latter group but when I was covering the initial seasons of SFV content I played a bunch of matches and trials  - not necessarily to "research" but because I'm a fighting game fan first and figuring out cool things about the characters and their matchups is fun in itself, and when you find a cool thing you want to share it with everyone. I mean, look at Maximilian - I rarely seek out videos about his competitive gaming because his enthusiasm over new content is so good. :) 

• Upvote 1

On 23/05/2019 at 13:56, Down by Law said:

It was just a silly fun comment, hence the air quotes. I said twenty years as that's when 3rd strike came out, the best 6/10 fighting game of all time. 

5 hours ago, SteveH said:

This! Anybody have this issue appear on anything other than iOS? 

Sorry I missed the Q about this yesterday. We had to delay everything until launch day — meaning subs copies were also later than usual — and it also means we don’t deliver digital files to partners until the last minute just in case something leaks. On iOS we control publishing times, on everything else someone else does. 

• Upvote 3

SFV base game got a 7, right?

(I understand the problems with MK11, can see why Edge would score it a 5, but squaring that with the SFV score is kinda funny)

• Upvote 1

On 23/05/2019 at 16:59, Nate Dogg III said:

In semi-related news, Rllmuk fighting-game pals should scour this issue for a familiar face from days of yore. 

Represent! Not gonna lie, let out mini taunt-super discovering that in the morning post :)

• Upvote 3

Apparently physical copies of this have actually sold out, which is amazing in this day and age. I’ll be sealing my subs copy in lucite shortly.

• Upvote 2

It happens reasonably often ACTUALLY. Once a year or so. The 25th anniversary, FF30, and the Mario Odyssey and BOTW review issues all sold out online. Not sure anything has ever gone this quickly though, and certainly nothing so unproven. 

• Upvote 6

16 hours ago, Alex W. said:

Apparently physical copies of this have actually sold out, which is amazing in this day and age. I’ll be sealing my subs copy in lucite shortly.

Well my WHSmiths went a bit weird and decided to put Edge next to Gay Times, which I've never read before. Flicking through it there were massive similarities to the late 90's Edge in terms of interview and hmmm, photography style. Wether or not this affected sales of Edge or not, I haven't found out yet, but Tony Mott also went missing on some adventure or other?