IGNORED

Playdate-A new handheld console thingy

bear

11 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Where's the cheap portable console? 

This forum called a Pokémon MiNi insanely expensive, yet casually upgrades their perfectly working Switch for an OLED edition. 

The Playdate is cheap. 🙃

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh, I am envious! Mine's not showing as shipped yet, despite being in the first wave. Can you say what (approximate) order number you were?

10 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Ooh, I am envious! Mine's not showing as shipped yet, despite being in the first wave. Can you say what (approximate) order number you were?

I was in the 2700s

24 minutes ago, chamberlago said:

Mine arrived today. I was worried it was dead when it arrived but it just needed a good hour or so charging. Not played much yet but look forward to trying it out more tonight.

PXL_20220505_171308646.jpg

What's the build quality like, there seems to be a few faulty ones out there....

12 hours ago, fly53r135 said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTN01b3n2F7s8eJlF1OSZWwEBEQfABTy3mcWBS7cSs59eQrMmFqG-iRRPjBSOzmUVHro_DiW3msl0sE/pubhtml

Someone on Reddit made a Google sheet to keep track of all the shipped order numbers. 

You can add yours to the list but its recommended to obscure the last couple of digits.

My order 48XX  was shipped on Monday 

I'm in 3K territory an mine's coming in by end of next week. (So probably right after the weekend then. :P)

Have any of you folks had any emails from them recently? (not shipping related, just general keeping in touch ones)

The last one I had was was "Playdate Owner's Update #1" on 11/11/21. Which seems an abnormally long time ago. They've not gone to junk or anything as far as i can tell. 

I've had a couple, but they either weren't generic (a request to confirm my address at the start of April) or were specifically from the dev newsletter (announcing the public release of the SDK in March).

4 hours ago, fatbob said:

Have any of you folks had any emails from them recently? (not shipping related, just general keeping in touch ones)

The last one I had was was "Playdate Owner's Update #1" on 11/11/21. Which seems an abnormally long time ago. They've not gone to junk or anything as far as i can tell. 

Same boat.

And if orders of 4800 are shipping, then that makes me realise how far my 35,000 ish order number is.

Same here, and I don't use twitter.  Doesn't feel like there's been much communication, given the length of the preorder.  It's fairly annoying that my order number is only high due to the issues they had in checkout when they launched the preorders.  It's not like I need it now or anything, it's just a long time for them to have my money and me to have nothing.

Having spent the weekend with it I have not noticed any issues with build quality, it seems like a nicely solid satisfying thing. The screen is really smooth but I do miss a backlight which I didn't think I would. I've tried to play it a couple of times in a dimly lit room in the evening and it is a bit of a struggle depending on the game and how much detail you need to decipher.

The first game is a surfing high score arcade game and it took me a bit of getting used to using the crank to change the board direction but once I got the knack of it I've found it's got that really addictive "one more go" factor. The second game is bird photography adventure game which I've enjoyed. I'm really liking the drip feed nature because I'm really looking forward to the next game appearing where as if they were all available straight away I don't know if I'd give each game as much attention.

I also got the cover so my overall summary is: Yellow and purple. 

On 07/05/2022 at 15:54, matt! said:

I have been told the next email is due to go out with Group 2 shipping.

Cool, thanks for checking! 🙂