Jump to content
rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
dumpster

My Free Anti MLM Scam book (Amazon and direct download PDF)

Recommended Posts

I ended up writing a self-published breakdown of why Multi-Level Marketing is a terrible idea, because I'm getting fed up of the Bodyshop-at-Home, Utility Warehouse etc conversations on Facebook and also at the school gates when I'm picking up my nieces.  Everyone seems to be at it.  A couple of weeks ago I even fell for the bullshit myself and ended up on on a Web Conference Call about it.  It was 5 minutes in when I realised it was MLM and I was so annoyed at myself I just started typing.  

 

The idea is for something you can quickly read in one sitting, to warn you of the dangers of getting involved.

 

Especially for RLLMUK, here's a link to my dropbox for a free PDF of the book. If you like it, i would really, really appreciate it if you could leave a positive review on Amazon. Struggling to get this seen, so any way you share the Amazon links would be appreciated.  (PDF is a proof with a few typos, the Amazon links below have been corrected!)

 


PDF direct from my dropbox here: (EDIT - SEE NEW LINK in comments)

If you like it, it will be free to buy on Kindle today and permanently free on Unlimited.  The PDF is a proof and has a few typos, but I think I've found them all for the published version.   

 

Amazon Links to share if you don't mind helping me out :

UK Kindle - free on unlimited. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RPQ5XK8

UK Paper copy https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1098598679/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_R6-2Cb7KVQ4SZ

USA Kindle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RPQ5XK8 - Free on Kindle Unlimited

USA Paperback https://www.amazon.com/dp/1098598679/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_-V-2CbHCJJ9SA

  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ZOK said:

I’m reading the pdf at the moment, it’s good.

Thanks!  If you could leave a review on Amazon I'd appreciate it.  The Amazon one has all the typos corrected too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will do, I’ll get it on Kindle.

 

One thing I’d say is while the content is good (and potentially very useful) you could stand to break up the paragraphs a bit, there are some real chunky ones in there!

 

Also, I think it would be worth touching in a bit more depth about how MLM effectively turns all of the participants’ relationships into ‘selling opportunities’. You do mention it, but I think that’s one of the things people don’t get about these schemes, and is worth hammering home with a bit more force.

 

By the way, do you know much about Cobra Group, Appco, etc? They are far worse than standard mlms I think, I’ve seen some real casualties of that environment.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZOK said:

Will do, I’ll get it on Kindle.

 

One thing I’d say is while the content is good (and potentially very useful) you could stand to break up the paragraphs a bit, there are some real chunky ones in there!

 

Also, I think it would be worth touching in a bit more depth about how MLM effectively turns all of the participants’ relationships into ‘selling opportunities’. You do mention it, but I think that’s one of the things people don’t get about these schemes, and is worth hammering home with a bit more force.

 

By the way, do you know much about Cobra Group, Appco, etc? They are far worse than standard mlms I think, I’ve seen some real casualties of that environment.

 

 

Yes, I read up on a few of these companies although I deliberately haven't named any in the book.  Also, there are definitely areas where i can go into way more detail (and maybe will if I do a longer version) but the plan for this one is that I'm getting some copies printed on the cheap and taking them out with me to the events where I keep meeting these people. I decided to stick to 10,000 words so it would be a quick read for anyone in one sitting.  Might expand on it next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZOK said:

Will do, I’ll get it on Kindle.

 

One thing I’d say is while the content is good (and potentially very useful) you could stand to break up the paragraphs a bit, there are some real chunky ones in there!

 

 

 

I've made a number of changes and the Kindle version is currently uploading.  It's free on Kindle until midnight and the new version will probably be online later tonight, so the version on sale this second has those chunky paragraphs, the one that will be there shortly is fixed - cheers for that feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I downloaded it @dumpster  - can I review the book without ‘reading’ it though?

 

By the way, I also bought your X Factor tricks book - not read much but it’s interesting stuff! I used to do a couple of tricks myself, and whilst I’m not very good with the techniques (especially with cards) at all I was good at the distraction (which had to make up for the poor form), so I’m finding the intro really good.

 

I’ve only watched X Factor from this current series, a shame your book doesn’t cover this one but I can see how what you’ve written applies to the stuff I’ve seen so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZOK said:

I downloaded it @dumpster  - can I review the book without ‘reading’ it though?

 

By the way, I also bought your X Factor tricks book - not read much but it’s interesting stuff! I used to do a couple of tricks myself, and whilst I’m not very good with the techniques (especially with cards) at all I was good at the distraction (which had to make up for the poor form), so I’m finding the intro really good.

 

I’ve only watched X Factor from this current series, a shame your book doesn’t cover this one but I can see how what you’ve written applies to the stuff I’ve seen so far.

Cheers for that. You can review any time after purchase.  The BGT book was up to date at the time I wrote it, but you'll see a lot of the same ideas being used over and over as the series progress.  I stopped updating it because it was starting to get a bit silly, with camera moves , cutaways and edits making the impossible happen. (See Captain Disilusion The Magic Of Will Tsai on Youtube to see what i mean). 

 

I hope that when you read it it gets you interested in magic and learning more about presentation and performance.  I got some stick from magicians on Facebook when they saw it because I think they think its just about revealing secrets.  The intention of the book is to give you an insight and provoke further research online, and to explain the importance of personality and performance above the secret "he pulls a lever" move.  Glad you're enjoying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, davadvice1 said:

If I buy this on amazon will you see anything of it? 

 

I'm happy to pay if your getting some benefit as I'm interested in the subject too. 

Cheers 

He'll only get money if you buy it via Amazon and convince 5 friends to also buy it.

They in turn find 5 friends each and we'll all be rich!

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/05/2019 at 20:50, davadvice1 said:

If I buy this on amazon will you see anything of it? 

 

I'm happy to pay if your getting some benefit as I'm interested in the subject too. 

Cheers 

I will make 30p ish on the 99p Kindle one and a life changing 30p on the paperback. I'm more after the reviews than anything else. I think a good number of genuine reviews makes the book appear in more places, but when I made it free I sold 300 copies and two people left reviews.  They were both 5 star which is reassuring, but I'd hoped for more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/05/2019 at 21:39, cubik said:

He'll only get money if you buy it via Amazon and convince 5 friends to also buy it.

They in turn find 5 friends each and we'll all be rich!

 

Haha! The last chapter basically makes this same joke!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dumpsterJust to let you know I very much enjoyed this too. It's like a good old fashioned monograph, just as long as it needs to be to make the point.

 

A good thing to mention when trying to illustrate how these things get out of hand are the Albanian pyramid schemes, which led to civil war when they collapsed!

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_Civil_War

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

@dumpsterJust to let you know I very much enjoyed this too. It's like a good old fashioned monograph, just as long as it needs to be to make the point.

 

A good thing to mention when trying to illustrate how these things get out of hand are the Albanian pyramid schemes, which led to civil war when they collapsed!

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_Civil_War

 

Thank you for that, will have a read when I'm home.  If you don't mind, I'm begging for Amazon reviews if you enjoyed my book.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dumpster said:

Thank you for that, will have a read when I'm home.  If you don't mind, I'm begging for Amazon reviews if you enjoyed my book.

 

 

No problem, just submitted one. It says it might take a few days to be approved.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I second ZOK on Cobra - I've written and read a fair bit over the years on the insidious Cobra/Ds-MAX phenomenon and have been close to a spin off company that lifted their format. It's no exaggeration to say that cult behaviours are rife within it: they're the very core of these businesses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.