rllmuk

Know what's weird? There are so many different types of Ketchups in the world, example of just some highlights...

image.png.cdab2a3ec7eeeab1c145c61ccfa40c77.pngimage.png.08a7785f96ce5a2346a65f052c641012.pngimage.png.be89dea5a744ec5db4c43fc89b96477d.png  

image.png.960eec0375921a4ca22716cefed1188f.png

Yet, if you mention Ketchup to any English person they just automatically think of this and ONLY this...

image.png.34f3b7d600b816efbc064ec56ee4f443.png

You can get so many amazing natural ketchups made of ACTUAL fresh tomatoes. Heinz is just this weird sugary tomato flavored vinegar substance. Yet it's all English people know. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 11
  • Empathy 1

I've also noticed fully grown adults use it as a sort of 'backup' for when they find food tasteless. They just add ketchup to make it palatable :lol:

9 hours ago, Tourist said:

I think we have been through this before. Chef Ketchup is the start and the end of all discussions about ketchup.

I take it you're Irish?  

You're also WRONG *:ocontroversial:o*

3 minutes ago, jimmbob said:

Don't Canadians put mayonnaise on their chips?

Absolute savages if you ask me.

Burger sauce mixed with this or gtfo:

X0056572QVZ0000033PRMG0021.jpg.b89c7d13e3316c2be5a6cd169394f211.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Capwn said:

I've also noticed fully grown adults use it as a sort of 'backup' for when they find food tasteless. They just add ketchup to make it palatable :lol:

One of my old housemates used to order pizzas  with a wide array of delicious toppings and then drizzle the entire thing in ketchup. It used to annoy me to a quite unreasonable degree. 

Also everyone at my work (I work in Huddersfield) call it "red sauce" which, to me, makes them sound like children. 

Regular tomato ketchup for me is right near the bottom of the condiment tier list and is only above the sauces I actively dislike. Outside of a fry up or bacon sandwich it is dead to me as a sauce because there is an unfathomably vast ocean of sauce out there waiting to be sampled and almost all of them are superior. 

Also do you remember when Heinz did green ketchup for a bit? I bought a bottle and never finished it because the green poster paint appearance of the sauce made it almost inedible to me even though it tasted EXACTLY the same as regular ketchup. The power of the mind.

I have now exhausted my possible contributions to the thread, so will close out on my new slogan. Ketchup: It's condiMENTAL. 

• Upvote 8

20 minutes ago, JLM said:

Also do you remember when Heinz did green ketchup for a bit? I bought a bottle and never finished it because the green poster paint appearance of the sauce made it almost inedible to me even though it tasted EXACTLY the same as regular ketchup. The power of the mind.

Yeah I bought it.  Tasted one mouthful.  It was fine.  But the green colour put me off, had to bin it in the end.

I lied, I have one additional contribution. If I am eating a fry up, I would much rather it was that really shit greasy spoon ketchup that's been vinegared to hell than legit Heinz ketchup. I think it's a better contrast to the saltiness of the fry up. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Capwn said:

Know what's weird? There are so many different types of Ketchups in the world, example of just some highlights...

image.png.cdab2a3ec7eeeab1c145c61ccfa40c77.pngimage.png.08a7785f96ce5a2346a65f052c641012.pngimage.png.be89dea5a744ec5db4c43fc89b96477d.png  

image.png.960eec0375921a4ca22716cefed1188f.png

Yet, if you mention Ketchup to any English person they just automatically think of this and ONLY this...

image.png.34f3b7d600b816efbc064ec56ee4f443.png

You can get so many amazing natural ketchups made of ACTUAL fresh tomatoes. Heinz is just this weird sugary tomato flavored vinegar substance. Yet it's all English people know. 

You know what's weird? There's a whole sub forum on here called "Food and Drink" where people discuss things like this.

• Upvote 4

This should be in Food & Drink of course - but its Capwn so there will be a really clever underlying social or political angle/commentary to it that none of us who just think its a misplaced thread about a condiment are seeing.

It's so deep though it will take a special thinker to see below the apparent superficial nature.

• Upvote 4

Just put what you like on your food. I won't judge you for it.

Unless you're one of those savages that thinks Salad Cream belongs on anything.

12 minutes ago, JLM said:

I lied, I have one additional contribution. If I am eating a fry up, I would much rather it was that really shit greasy spoon ketchup that's been vinegared to hell than legit Heinz ketchup. I think it's a better contrast to the saltiness of the fry up. 

Legit Heinz ketchup has gone to shit now. It tastes wrong and is really watery.

11 minutes ago, gone fishin' said:

You know what's weird? There's a whole sub forum on here called "Food and Drink" where people discuss things like this.

Ketchup isn't food or drink.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, jimmbob said:

WAT?

Its great, you shoud try it. Obviously not smothered, that would be mental. Just a healthly dollop to dip into.

Occasionally perinaise is nice (M&S version, not nandos). Can;t stand Tomato Ketchup