rllmuk
kerraig UK

How it should have ended

7 hours ago, Gommy said:

On Keanu films.

The Matrix after the matrix it should have ended.

The last few seconds of The Matrix was shit, too. He's Superman, now. Also forced their hand in the next two movies that he could fly everywhere.

12 hours ago, Camel said:

No no no no no. Also:

Reveal hidden contents

No.

No?

Spoiler

You liked the reveal that he was right? I was much happier thinking he was just insane.

Face/ off should have ended on the beach instead of the extra painfully cheesy end scene where he brings the boy home and it's got ridiculously golden and heavenly lighting. 

I've always assumed it must have been the American side of things that made John woo put it in considering things like the killer end with the two main protagonists both blind and crawling past each other and hard boiled ends with someone getting shot through the eye ball but from the commentary with woo himself it doesn't seem that way. 

14 minutes ago, b00dles said:

the extra painfully cheesy end scene where he brings the boy home and it's got ridiculously golden and heavenly lighting

Spielberg's War of the Worlds?

1 minute ago, Nick R said:

Spielberg's War of the Worlds?

Well quite. The fact (and the way) he found his son was fucking idiotic. 

Kevin Smiths Red State - it should have ended when the trumpets started blowing at the end, leave it as a huge WTF they were right its the rapture cut to black.    instead we get a stupid sign of in an office where John Goodman says it was weed farmers and there alarm system.

3 hours ago, Timmo said:

The last few seconds of The Matrix was shit, too. He's Superman, now. Also forced their hand in the next two movies that he could fly everywhere.

Is flying anymore nonsensical in a film where a man can learn all gun and hand to hand combat skills in the matter of seconds or where he can dodge bullets? The Matrix isn't a real world, there are no boundaries really.

39 minutes ago, Naieve said:

Return of the King

'My friends, you bow to no-one'

CREDITS

100% this. What an ending that is. Then we get like another 10 minutes of waffle.

2 hours ago, Silent Runner said:

'In the Mood for Love' should have ended with Maggie Cheng and Tony Leung getting together somehow. Not all that carry on in the ruins in Cambodia. 

I can definitely see the appeal of this.

2 hours ago, Couch Corpse said:

No?

Reveal hidden contents

You liked the reveal that he was right? I was much happier thinking he was just insane.

Well, that's only one interpretation of the ending. Also, yes, I like that literal interpretation; I think it makes a good ending.

3 hours ago, Timmo said:

Yeah, I thought this. It should have ended with him just walking away from the phone booth anonymously into the crowded street

2 hours ago, b00dles said:

Face/ off should have ended on the beach instead of the extra painfully cheesy end scene where he brings the boy home and it's got ridiculously golden and heavenly lighting. 

I've always assumed it must have been the American side of things that made John woo put it in considering things like the killer end with the two main protagonists both blind and crawling past each other and hard boiled ends with someone getting shot through the eye ball but from the commentary with woo himself it doesn't seem that way. 

Did you not watch my video?

You people are crazy. The ending of the Matrix is great

I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't ome here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin.  I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see

I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Him flying is a short quick way to illustrate this promise. The world is changed, and the world will no longer constrain people. He's not "super". The rules of gravity just don't apply to him...and they don't need to apply to anyone!

(Yes the powers became silly in the sequels, and created lots of issues - not least that we never see any of the education/enlightenment of the population occur, nor the social revolution promised, just plastic CGI figures smash into each other - but as an ending to a standalone movie it's fine)

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, b00dles said:

Nope. I'm assuming I'm repeating some of yours, apologies. 

That super cheesy moment with the son at the end would have been absolutely perfect if Travolta had grafted his dead sons zombie face on.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, kerraig UK said:

That super cheesy moment with the son at the end would have been absolutely perfect if Travolta had grafted his dead sons zombie face on.

Ah yes, good point. 

7 hours ago, Stigweard said:

100% this. What an ending that is. Then we get like another 10 minutes of waffle.

To be fair the book goes on for fucking ages after that bit.

10 hours ago, Hexx said:

You people are crazy. The ending of the Matrix is great

I’d go as far to say it’s perfect. The slow mo into the street...  then the sky shot. What am I looking at? You can’t see him but then your eye locks on, is... that... wha... woah! Couple that with one of the best RATM tracks, damn one of the best tracks ever imo. And it’s synced perfectly with the cut to black... I think it’s ace. It always puts a smile on my face. I know it’s not cool today, but I still think it’s fucking cool. 

• Upvote 5

Like how it was great that Indiana Jones rode off in to the sunset with his dad after they both arguably became immortal after drinking from the holy grail. 

It's good they didn't let Lucas just force  the character of Indy into a stupid idea of his like a sort of not really homage to 50s UFO B-movies but also that weird Mayan crystal skull thing no one really knows about. Maybe have a bit where it's set up the skull is delicate, it's crystal but if it's in a cloth sack we can throw it between two speeding vehicles while there's a boring sword fight which also involves some comedy get hit in the balls moments and despite owning ILM just use a background from banjo kazooie or something and get a temp in to composite it. It's not indy doing the sword fight either. He's in the car though. So is marion from the first one, she can drive the vehicle. And John hurt. I don't know who the driver of the other vehicle is though. There's also a bit with swinging on vines with monkeys, like Tarzan. Everyone loves Tarzan, you know like that bit with chewbacca doing the Tarzan thing in jedi, that was great. Rest in peace Peter mayhew. Oh and John hurt has amnesia or something. 

I'm glad they don't milk everything like that so you're forced to forget so many bad remakes and sequels. 

Yeah that was kind of the point. Immortality required sacrifice (in this case staying in the cave)  or else his brother's wouldn't have died.

The two brothers hear someone mumbling incoherently, something about them “not showing respect”, but sounding like their mouth cheeks are filled with bread. They turn to face this person and out of the shadows appears Marlon Brando. Holding a cat.

Fade to black then title:

”The Krays will return in The Krays versus The Mafia”