rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goemon

Highscore Girl - anime based around retro games

Just noticed this on Netflix. Not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere but thought I would post here as it’s games are definitely retro

• Upvote 3

Just watched the first episode and it seems... abusive.  That Ono is mean.

Really enjoyed the graphic style and the explanation segments though.  I'll definitely be watching more.

Cheers...

This was mentioned on an arcade forum I use (when it came out)

I don't watch a great deal of any tv...just a bit of sport.

I know I miss out...I spend most of my time gaming and reading...

However! This thread jogged my memory...I've just taken the free 30 days Netflix on my Xbox one (which is just a week old!)

Looking forward to this tbh.

• Upvote 1

I've watched all of it and wanted to like it but it's difficult to watch due to the love interest only being there to fuel the lead characters gaming monologues.

1 hour ago, wev said:

I've watched all of it and wanted to like it but it's difficult to watch due to the love interest only being there to fuel the lead characters gaming monologues.

Stick with it, such an amazing show that could rival some drama's for love interest :lol:

1 hour ago, wev said:

12 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Stick with it, such an amazing show that could rival some drama's for love interest :lol:

I stand corrected! I do hope it improves and that Haruo isn't an insufferable shit when it returns.

I mentioned before but giving the consoles and games western names despite it all being Japanese is unbearable.

I watched the trailer above and thought: "Ha, nice Guile's Theme pastiche!"

... Then the music composer's credit appeared. :blush:

On 05/05/2019 at 18:47, deKay said:

I mentioned before but giving the consoles and games western names despite it all being Japanese is unbearable.

Yeah constantly referring to the PC Engine (you can hear them say it ) as a Turbo Grafix is really jarring. 

This aside I absolutely loved it. I was in tears at the end of episode 3 

I've watched six rounds/episodes.

I've only watched 3 animes, I like certain cartoons (totally spies) but, without having much to compare it with, I like it, had it not been the focus of video games, I'd of never of watched it..

On that note, I love that for what it does...I especially love the ending theme music and a quick look at certain arcade titles.

Story this far in...well...I think it's okay, I don't know if this is aimed at a certain demographic, I like it.

(As a man-boy!)

I'll probably watch another episode tonight...