Jump to content
IGNORED

Oculus Quest


Paulando
 Share

Recommended Posts

Blair Witch is good but looks shocking compared to the non-VR version. 

 

Medal of Honour is ridiculously overpriced but is great - had a dodgy launch and the opening hour is dull but once it gets going there's some real fun to be had. 

 

Until You Fall is superb. Neon synth Rogue-ish first person melee fighting that can be a real workout and just looks and sounds fantastic. 

 

Asgard's Wrath is impressive (but almost as hefty in size as MoH) and Journey of the Gods is fab too. 

 

Walking Dead Saints and Sinners is one of the best VR games out there. Be careful though as Onslaught (the one based on the TV series) is not in the same league. 

 

Once you're attached to your PC (wireless or Link cable) then you can also pick things up cheaper from Steam, Humble Bundle etc. Can take a little fiddling but there's plenty of guides online or just ask in here. MoH was being a pain until I changed the Oculus service to High Priority in Task Manager for example. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, r1skbreak3r said:

I've been hooked on In Death: Unchained lately. The bow and arrow roguelike gameplay is excellent, and it looks very good too. It's rock hard though, most times I fail at the first boss level! Makes you feel like Legolas when you make three headshots in a row though :)

It's brilliant. I'm so glad someone else is enjoying it. I can consistently get to the second stage, but you have to have eyes in the back of your head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another vote for In Death: Unchained, absolutely love it. Starts a little sedately but once you get a few runs in things start to really pick up. 

 

Speaking of must haves, if you have friends with a Quest I would certainly add 'Top Golf with Pro Putt'. The last update added the Top Golf driving range and a number of mini games you can play with friends as well as the regular putting courses. Amazing stuff, great value and they seem tp be developing it all the time. It's a fantastic companion to Walkabout Mini Golf which is also excellent. Also, I don't think I saw Eleven mentioned, another cracking simulation done brilliantly and cheap as chips, a must have in my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Another vote for In Death: Unchained, absolutely love it. Starts a little sedately but once you get a few runs in things start to really pick up. 

 

Speaking of must haves, if you have friends with a Quest I would certainly add 'Top Golf with Pro Putt'. The last update added the Top Golf driving range and a number of mini games you can play with friends as well as the regular putting courses. Amazing stuff, great value and they seem tp be developing it all the time. It's a fantastic companion to Walkabout Mini Golf which is also excellent. Also, I don't think I saw Eleven mentioned, another cracking simulation done brilliantly and cheap as chips, a must have in my opinion.


Oh no, I can’t believe I forgot about Eleven! Amazing game, a must-buy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Mawdlin said:

It's brilliant. I'm so glad someone else is enjoying it. I can consistently get to the second stage, but you have to have eyes in the back of your head.


True, those fat Cupids are annoying! The furthest I’ve got is the abyss but got blown up by a skull. I have no idea how people are getting the high scores on the leaderboard, it’s insane! I managed to get over 100k today when I realised that going into the pit gives you loads of points, but it’s risky. Hate those dementor bastards when they sneak up on you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Is there normally a Christmas sale? There's a few Quest-native games I want to pick up, but shit ain't cheap, yo.


There probably will be, but Oculus sales are always bad compared to every other platform. The discounts are piddly - for good games, you’ll be lucky to see a saving of £3. Crap ones might be up to a third off. I suppose we can hold out hope that this year may be different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Eighthours said:


There probably will be, but Oculus sales are always bad compared to every other platform. The discounts are piddly - for good games, you’ll be lucky to see a saving of £3. Crap ones might be up to a third off. I suppose we can hold out hope that this year may be different.

 

Yeah. It's stopping me from buying games for it, to be honest. I know in the grand scheme of things, £18-20 for a game isn't that much, but when they're often quite short, and when there aren't a great many reviews out there for most VR games, and when you can't sell them on if you don't get on with them, it's making me reluctant to get my wallet out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

 

Yeah. It's stopping me from buying games for it, to be honest. I know in the grand scheme of things, £18-20 for a game isn't that much, but when they're often quite short, and when there aren't a great many reviews out there for most VR games, and when you can't sell them on if you don't get on with them, it's making me reluctant to get my wallet out.


You can get a full refund if you’ve played a game for less than 2 hours in the first 14 days of owning it. As long as you don’t abuse the system (by refunding over 5 games in a row really quickly, for example), there’s never a problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Eighthours said:


You can get a full refund if you’ve played less than 2 hours in the first 14 days of owning a game.

 

Aye. I did that with Tetris Effect in the hopes of rebuying it when it was a bit cheaper, but it doesn't look like it's going to get much further below £17.

 

Anyway, I think I'll just take the plunge in Beat Saber for Christmas day, full price or no.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

 

Aye. I did that with Tetris Effect in the hopes of rebuying it when it was a bit cheaper, but it doesn't look like it's going to get much further below £17.

 

Anyway, I think I'll just take the plunge in Beat Saber for Christmas day, full price or no.


Good man!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I'm back in the land of the Quest.  My account has been resurrected by Oculus, and apparently it won't be banned again due to the serial number of the headset.  Took them about 4 weeks to get to that point, during which I sold it, so I'm out of pocket for 2 lots of postage as I had to refund the buyer in case their account was also banned for the same reason.  Thoroughly stressful, but at least I can now return to the joy of Spin and Go wins in Poker Stars!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, klargon said:

Well, I'm back in the land of the Quest.  My account has been resurrected by Oculus, and apparently it won't be banned again due to the serial number of the headset.  Took them about 4 weeks to get to that point, during which I sold it, so I'm out of pocket for 2 lots of postage as I had to refund the buyer in case their account was also banned for the same reason.  Thoroughly stressful, but at least I can now return to the joy of Spin and Go wins in Poker Stars!

 

Poker Stars is great. Still waiting for the rllmuk poker night...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ms flight sim has now added offical vr support - plays via link cable. Had to turn settings down low (as my rig is ancient these days) but was running fine and still looks stunning 

 

EDIT...

 

 if your on a quest (using windows game pass version) you can play this cable free with Virtual desktop - to do this:

 

Right-click on your Start menu and select Run.

Type in “regedit” (without quotations) and hit Enter. This will launch the Registry Editor.

Locate the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\OpenXR\1

For ActiveRuntime change its value to the one that matches your platform (note: default path is shown below)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR

 

Close the Registry Editor. You are now ready to enter VR with your Oculus headset.

 

 

quick vid i made using VD to play 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.