IGNORED

Oculus Quest

Paulando

Very annoyed with Walkabout, played several lengthy rounds yesterday, drives and putting practice, collected loads of hidden balls but because I just quit the app with the Oculus button its not saved any of my info. Make sure you go to the starter hut after every round and quit out to keep changes.

2 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Very annoyed with Walkabout, played several lengthy rounds yesterday, drives and putting practice, collected loads of hidden balls but because I just quit the app with the Oculus button its not saved any of my info. Make sure you go to the starter hut after every round and quit out to keep changes.

Oh no! How did you manage to play more than one round without going back to the hut? I thought that always happened… but maybe that’s because I’ve only ever played the game in multi. Sorry you lost that progress.

1 hour ago, Eighthours said:

Oh no! How did you manage to play more than one round without going back to the hut? I thought that always happened… but maybe that’s because I’ve only ever played the game in multi. Sorry you lost that progress.

I played 18 holes a few times and went back to the hut each time. I even changed ball when I was there the last time and then just pressed the Oculus button and quit the game, it lost all of my save including the avatar I'd edited. Its okay to play again just frustrating as I'd done really well on those rounds and had to start hunting the same balls again.

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

I played 18 holes a few times and went back to the hut each time. I even changed ball when I was there the last time and then just pressed the Oculus button and quit the game, it lost all of my save including the avatar I'd edited. Its okay to play again just frustrating as I'd done really well on those rounds and had to start hunting the same balls again.

Gaaaah. Might be worth posting this on their Discord, as I’m sure the devs will want to fix that.

Also, let me know when you want to play a round!

On 24/05/2022 at 14:25, papalazarou said:

picked up police procedure - disturbance vr on app lab and been having a blast with it.   you are a police officer attending various senarios at houses and you have to react (or not) with the appropriate responce ie someone becomes agitated and charges you with a knife you can tazer or use your side arm -but if you use the wrong amount of force depending on the senario then its game over and  you start from the beginning.  The aim is to complete 30 years of service with each senario amounting to 1 year - so 30 in total)  its all done in a very tongue and cheek way - but for £4 its a great VR game https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/4887769861342815/

For some reason I assumed this was Oculus only but I spotted it on Steam yesterday so now it's mine. I've played it for 2 hours and I'm about done but it made me laugh a few times (the Queen's portrait being the first one) and got a bit of a scare in one scenario so it was £4 well spent.

With the new Obi-Wan series foremost in my thoughts I'm wondering if the Vader Immortal and Tales from the Galaxies' edge experiences are any good?

5 hours ago, Jarik said:

With the new Obi-Wan series foremost in my thoughts I'm wondering if the Vader Immortal and Tales from the Galaxies' edge experiences are any good?

Vader immortal I liked but you need all 3eps that way it's like being in your own interactive star wars movie for an hour and a half.  The lightsaber dojo you get with each ep is also a lot of fun.  The best non star wars star wars game in quest is blade and sorcery with the star wars light saber mods added 

On 28/05/2022 at 09:09, Steven said:

The Bobo VR 2 is a halo design and the battery pack at the back balances it quite comfortably I've found.

image.png.a57c457b222920bbbc856fa17d883d6d.png

I bought this and its so much more comfortable, thank you

I'm playing the RE7 VR mod (playing RE7 for the first time as I was waiting for Capcom to port the PSVR version RE7 to PCVR.  Its so fucking amazing and terrifying at the same time.

On 05/06/2022 at 01:13, Jarik said:

Tales is possibly my favourite arcade shooter on the Quest. It's also got some really brilliant set pieces that feel uniquely Star Warsy (as you'd expect), and the DLC is a must.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone suggest a cheap case that will fit the headset with the BOBOVR M2 Pro attached please?  I under-estimated how big it was and my current case nowhere near fits is.  I can get the official BOBOVR case from Amazon for £44.12, but on top of the £54.39 I paid yesterday for strap I paid yesterday is £98.51.  The strap and case as a bundle is £88.99 so if I have no other option I'll have to send the strap back and buy it again with the bundle.  However, I really don't want to spend that much if there is a significantly cheaper option.

• 2 weeks later...

There's an absolute dearth of interesting new stuff ont he Quest at the moment. I know there are about 4 tentpoles (Among us, Ghostbusters, Red Matter 2 and...something else), but it's just dead.

So anyway, i checked out Time Patrol on SteamVR since it's £3 in the Steam Sale.

It's about as close to Point Blank as I've seen in VR so far, and takes plenty of familiar mechanics from it. It's a little janky and has some difficulty spikes with suspect aiming, but I got my money's worth.

Why Namco aren't just making a Quest Point Blank is still beyond me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting for Quest 2 Pro. Just found out it has face tracking as well as eye tracking. I'm such a nerd for tech like this..

I know it's not specifically gaming oriented this time round.. but i might bite.

1 hour ago, Lochenvar said:

Is vroptician.com still the best place to get prescription lenses from? If you need prism correction, was it worth getting or not getting that?

adlens.com was the cheapest place for me a few months ago

Mind you I’ve hardly used them and more often than not just keep my specs on when I use it

Looks like Moss 2 is out on the Quest now, and Red Matter 2 is due in a couple of weeks. The drought may be over! Though I'm a little concerned that RM2 is said to lean more into action/adventure than the isolated puzzling of the first.

Anyone tried Twilight Zone?

I bought Timerifters when I had a DK2 a few years ago. It's still on my PC. The same PC however won't support the Oculius app as it lacks something on the processor.  Any way I can play the game in VR on my new Quest 2?

4 minutes ago, dumpster said:

I bought Timerifters when I had a DK2 a few years ago. It's still on my PC. The same PC however won't support the Oculius app as it lacks something on the processor.  Any way I can play the game in VR on my new Quest 2?

Is it on Steam? I play all PCVR wirelessly with Virtual Desktop. No Oculus program required.

One annoyance with the Quest 2 is that it's not easy to read from USB drives. In an ideal world, I'd be able to connect a USB drive full of movies via USB OTG and watch them in Skybox when my Plex server is unavailable, but it just doesn't seem to work.

On 21/07/2022 at 16:28, Lochenvar said:

Is vroptician.com still the best place to get prescription lenses from? If you need prism correction, was it worth getting or not getting that?

I got them and found them absolutely transformational. The headset is so much more comfortable without having my glasses jammed against my face and the focus is absolutely spot on. The fit of the headset is also much better with less light leakage all round.

The only downside is that it makes it much harder to pass the headset between players - the lenses are removable but they've got a pretty tight fit and they don't come off easily. If you're a solo player like me though then that's not an issue.

The lenses weren't cheap - I have pretty bad eyesight and astigmatism so had to pay extra to properly match my prescription - but they were well worth it for me.