Jump to content

Oculus Quest


Paulando
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, multi said:

I haven't seen Virtual Virtual Reality mentioned in this thread but it's excellent. It was the first thing I played when I got my quest 2 last month and it blew me away. It's very, very surreal. 

 

Reading the reviews on the quest store pursuaded me to try it and I'm really glad I did. There's a sequel out now too which I'm looking forward to trying.

 

Also - Red Matter

Not heard of this but it looks great and so does the sequel.  Will pick it up over the weekend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Just bought a Quest 2 from Argos and picking it up after work. Haven't had a Quest since 2020. Anything good I should grab on the store?

 

Oddly one of the things that's impressed me most lately has been Eleven Table Tennis. You don't need a huge amount of space to play it and it's utterly convincing as a simulation. I'm hopeless at table tennis but could really feel my skills beginning to improve as I played.

 

It's very absorbing, too, probably because you're just concentrating on one thing and not moving around much. I really did forget that I was in VR after a while, to the extent where I went to put my non-existent paddle down on the non-existent table at the end of my game and dropped my controller on my foot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spent ages setting up and downloading about 50GBs of my old games, 256GB is def the way to go! Forget how crappy the included battery was, even after a full charge its not last much past 3 hours. Luckily I still have a USB powerbank from my last Quest and will be strapping that to the extra Kiwi head strap when it arrives tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, papalazarou said:

So both resident evil 7 and 8 mods will release properly next week with full hand tracking now enabled - can’t wait for another run through of village!!

 

 

 

 

Modders doing gods work.  I've held off playing RE7 as I've been waiting for a PC VR version from Capcom for years, now I get a one with hand tracking for free* 🤯

 

* I've setup a patreon sub for the modder as he 100% deserves to be rewarded

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

 

How does that work with the hands? Can you hold something else to pose as the golf stick?


You certainly can! The Etsy market for controller add-ons is a thing.

 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1015695124/golf-club-fits-quest-2-quest-2?click_key=78a5c57c57b02a6802ab8fa839f5b7fe322a320e%3A1015695124&click_sum=d0226ed5&ref=shop_home_active_31&pro=1&sts=1

 

I have one of these and it’s great. I also have a table tennis paddle one for Eleven Table Tennis, which is like witchcraft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Could I just hold my real putter or would that not work?

Be interested to know if this works. Assuming you can strap the controller to it some how 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Be interested to know if this works. Assuming you can strap the controller to it some how 🤣

Ah that's true, probably won't work. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's been a while since I've played real life mini golf, but I can't say I felt like I needed any additional peripherals when I played. I'm sure it adds to the experience, but also greatly increases the risk of damage to anything around you. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The basic strap is woeful, couple of times today I've taken the headset off only to find the side has been catching and rubbing my ear raw. Tried tucking and pulling it over the side but keeps happening so had to stop playing. New Kiwi headstrap is due tomorrow but the one in the box is just so cheap and tacky.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

The basic strap is woeful, couple of times today I've taken the headset off only to find the side has been catching and rubbing my ear raw. Tried tucking and pulling it over the side but keeps happening so had to stop playing. New Kiwi headstrap is due tomorrow but the one in the box is just so cheap and tacky.

 

It's certainly cheap and barebones, but set up right it can be totally comfortable. I've got a halo strap which is comfortable, but have actually reverted.

 

Have you tried rotating the brackets at the side up a notch, so it tilts the headset up slightly? Makes the stock strap more comfortable for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New strap and face cover finally turned up so ended up fitting those. Much more impressed as takes a lot of the pressure off my face and after a good hours play on Angry Birds it just felt right. Got to balance out the back a bit with a battery but I'll give that a go later. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Resident evil 7 and 8 vr mods have now been released with hand tracking etc… and they are amazing def worth picking up a copy cheaply on steam if you can - praydog has done and even better job than the mother alien isolation vr mod 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, papalazarou said:

Resident evil 7 and 8 vr mods have now been released with hand tracking etc… and they are amazing def worth picking up a copy cheaply on steam if you can - praydog has done and even better job than the mother alien isolation vr mod 


Only £7.99 for Resi 7 on Cdkeys at the moment…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got a Quest 2 a couple weeks back (i've had Quest 1 since launch but barely touched it). I was kinda hoping i was going to get a 8 quid voucher or something like i usually do so that i could buy RE4... but no such luck yet.

 

VRChat is surpringly good though. I even ended up hooking up my old Kinect to get full body tracking. This is as close as "ready player ones" oasis as it can be - i just wish there was a bit more to do - whilst there is a ton of decent mini games (super vr ball is great fun) the chat side of things could be a lot better.  It also reminds me of early internet and how it kinda sucks that in 30 years time when "the oasis" is real ill be too old to use it.

 

Want to get back into Pistol Whip and Beat Sabre as well sometime.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/05/2022 at 15:46, Garwoofoo said:

 

Oddly one of the things that's impressed me most lately has been Eleven Table Tennis. You don't need a huge amount of space to play it and it's utterly convincing as a simulation. I'm hopeless at table tennis but could really feel my skills beginning to improve as I played.

 

It's very absorbing, too, probably because you're just concentrating on one thing and not moving around much. I really did forget that I was in VR after a while, to the extent where I went to put my non-existent paddle down on the non-existent table at the end of my game and dropped my controller on my foot.

I was going to buy Eleven Table Tennis but got a warning saying that you need at least 2M x 2M area to play in. Would you say that you need all that space?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sbrandon111 said:

I was going to buy Eleven Table Tennis but got a warning saying that you need at least 2M x 2M area to play in. Would you say that you need all that space?

 

You need exactly as much space as you would playing normal table tennis. 2M x 2M is about the size I play in but I don't get anywhere near the boundaries in the same way as I do with, say, Pistol Whip.

 

As with all Quest games, you can always buy it then refund it if it doesn't suit your environment or you don't like it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, sbrandon111 said:

I was going to buy Eleven Table Tennis but got a warning saying that you need at least 2M x 2M area to play in. Would you say that you need all that space?

 

You can play in outside space you have it and don't mind neighbours looking at you strangely 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/05/2022 at 13:49, Parappa said:

Oh and that puzzle game in the lighthouse - that was mint! 

 

On 13/05/2022 at 13:51, Lorfarius said:

own the lighhouse one from years ago


Long time Quest 2 owner here doesn’t know what the lighthouse game is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Stejay said:

 


Long time Quest 2 owner here doesn’t know what the lighthouse game is. 

 

This. A short but truly lovely VR experience and well worth the money:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bit of a panic this morning as I had a couple of emails on my home account to say my Facebook email address had been changed. Couldn't get onto my FB account with my details as they had been changed, had to use the secure account option to upload a pic of my driving license via webcam but I suspect when I get home I'll not be able ot use my headset!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.