Oculus Quest - (Usernames in first post)

On 08/05/2020 at 15:17, sbrandon111 said:

Let me know how you get on with it. I don’t find the quest that uncomfortable but would get one of these if it makes it as comfy as the rift s.

Just fitted it and it makes quite the difference. I really didn't like where the pressure points hit on my face before, but this takes the weight off nicely. However, with the speakers and extra faceplate surround it came to about £85 which is quite a lot of money really.

And also I am not entirely sure the ratchet system for locking it into position on your head is going to be that robust. It feels a bit flimsy as you click it around. Nowhere near the quality of the PSVR mechanism. It does feel nicely locked in place though....I shook my head around etc and it stayed in position. But I'll definitely be able to play for longer sessions now that's for sure, which I guess is all I wanted at the end of the day :) 

• Upvote 1

Anyone taken the plunge with Phantom: Covert Ops? Won’t have time to play it until the weekend, but would love to hear any impressions. Been waiting for it since I was first made aware of the kayak stealth sniper genre. 

Just in case anyone’s after it. Half life Alyx is 25% off on steam at the moment. £35 was low enough for me to jump in. Suspect I’ll play it for ten minutes then go to bed feeling sick. 

£30 if you make it your 'first over 30 purchase in the sale' as well. I've bagged it, will have a go over the weekend if it cools down a bit I think!

Quick update on the GoquestVR Halo. Really liking it now I have sat and really dialled in the fitting for my head. The optional headphones are naff though. I hoped they would give a bit more bass than the built in speakers, but they aren't any improvement at all. I'm wondering if there is some kind if volume restriction built in like so many things have these days that use headphones?

But yeah, happy with my purchase and I really hope with any further updates models, they just rip off the PSVR mounting, as its perfect really.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick Question For Link Users

Whenever I try to start a Rift game, (already did the oculus quest, setup, bought cables etc), it says I have to setup a controller It gives me the choice of only setting up oculus touch controllers, oculus remote, and xbox controller. The Quest Controllers work  when in normal mode

Any Ideas ?

In the oculus Windows software, under Devices, are your controllers showing up with the headset? If I start Link from within the Quest though I just land in the Oculus Home with controllers working, sounds a bit strange if you’re not. 

1 hour ago, milko said:

In the oculus Windows software, under Devices, are your controllers showing up with the headset? If I start Link from within the Quest though I just land in the Oculus Home with controllers working, sounds a bit strange if you’re not. 

Yes they show up and if i just skip them they work in the Oculus Home so not sure whats going on but it's working just waiting for Half Life to download

I just upgraded my Quest with the Vive DAS and I'm pretty impressed with it so far. It was very easy to remove the stock strap, and with the 3D printed adapters I got (from NinjaPrint3D on etsy), it looks pretty good. Comfort is better, and the headphones are a nice audio upgrade. The adjustment dial will be better for passing it around to other people, when we are eventually allowed to do that again!

frankenquest.jpg

Frankenquest1.jpg

• Upvote 3

Just got an £8 voucher from Oculus. Not sure what to buy. Anything out in the last fortnight that's good that I could use it against?

*EDIT.

Used it towards Stormland. Actually fancied that a while back and forgot about it.

Got quite the Library for my headsets, didn't realise I had so many GearVR games. Glad I kept my old S9+ to power it, It's a dead platform now though, shame my S20 Ultra won't be powering it.

Quest-

Beat Saber

The Climb Cross-play

Robo Recall Cross-play

The Thrill of the Fight

Rift-

Asgard's Wrath

Half Life Alex

Stormland

GearVR lol-

Smash Hit

Omega Agent

Dreadhalls

Occupy

Endspace Cross-play

Zombie Strike

Sisters VR

Shooting Showdown 2

Temple Run VR

Free Flighter

Face Your Fears

Wonderglade

Bait

Pet Lab

21 hours ago, r1skbreak3r said:

I just upgraded my Quest with the Vive DAS and I'm pretty impressed with it so far. It was very easy to remove the stock strap, and with the 3D printed adapters I got (from NinjaPrint3D on etsy), it looks pretty good. Comfort is better, and the headphones are a nice audio upgrade. The adjustment dial will be better for passing it around to other people, when we are eventually allowed to do that again!

frankenquest.jpg

Frankenquest1.jpg

Looks great! Did you have to wait long for delivery? I've just ordered my adapters. 

On 26/06/2020 at 12:15, SteveH said:

Quick update on the GoquestVR Halo. Really liking it now I have sat and really dialled in the fitting for my head. The optional headphones are naff though. I hoped they would give a bit more bass than the built in speakers, but they aren't any improvement at all. I'm wondering if there is some kind if volume restriction built in like so many things have these days that use headphones?

But yeah, happy with my purchase and I really hope with any further updates models, they just rip off the PSVR mounting, as its perfect really.

Do you have a link? Im really starting to get pissed off with the comfort of my quest (im mainly using it for fitness these days) the fogging im getting is annoying me as well. And the thing is soaking in sweat after 30 mins. 

On 08/07/2020 at 17:58, amc said:

Just got an £8 voucher from Oculus. Not sure what to buy. Anything out in the last fortnight that's good that I could use it against?

*EDIT.

Used it towards Stormland. Actually fancied that a while back and forgot about it.

Got quite the Library for my headsets, didn't realise I had so many GearVR games. Glad I kept my old S9+ to power it, It's a dead platform now though, shame my S20 Ultra won't be powering it.

Quest-

Beat Saber

The Climb Cross-play

Robo Recall Cross-play

The Thrill of the Fight

Rift-

Asgard's Wrath

Half Life Alex

Stormland

GearVR lol-

Smash Hit

Omega Agent

Dreadhalls

Occupy

Endspace Cross-play

Zombie Strike

Sisters VR

Shooting Showdown 2

Temple Run VR

Free Flighter

Face Your Fears

Wonderglade

Bait

Pet Lab

You need to put Pistol Whip on your wishlist. :)

2 minutes ago, Ry said:

Do you have a link? Im really starting to get pissed off with the comfort of my quest (im mainly using it for fitness these days) the fogging im getting is annoying me as well. And the thing is soaking in sweat after 30 mins. 

Sure https://www.goquestvr.com/

For some reason it doesn't show up at all if you search for it using Bing? I collect reward points so use Bing most of the time, and I find it quite odd that you can't find the site at all with it.

10 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

You need to put Pistol Whip on your wishlist. :)

Yeah I deffo need to add that. I have a PSVR with a ton of games too, one being Superhot and for whatever reason my brain mixes both games up so I kind of gloss over it. I'm on it now though. I know they play very differently, what with it being more of a rhythm action game 

Yeah, they're very different games. If anything, Pistol Whip plays more like Beat Saber, only with guns instead of sabers. That's a very reductive description itself though. It is it's own thing. 

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, Albert Fish said:

Looks great! Did you have to wait long for delivery? I've just ordered my adapters. 

Not too long, I think it took a bit less than a week. I had to wait longer for the DAS to show up!

• Upvote 1

Can anyone please help where do you find promo codes for the store just bought the headset and could do with a bit of help if there was a way to get a little bit of the games any help/advice much appreciated :)

The store is horribly expensive. Look for promo discounts which reduce the price to horribly expensive.

A route to a lot of cheap or free experiences is probably Sidequest or hooking up to a PC.

The Oculus marketing department is comedy...

Take a look at this highly active boxing game because you sat around chilling out and catching some fish..

F9048C2A-EB41-4555-ACA2-C2C453FE1EC6.jpeg

Also... I own Thrill off the Fight!

• 2 weeks later...

It's still looks uncomfortable as fuck (like normal quest) but I think that looks much nicer in white. 

Maybe it's a cheaper "lite" version?

11 hours ago, Ferine said:

Image of the new Quest revision has supposedly leaked:

image.png.43a9a1c496bf0105ea6f4899d16aab0b.png

Hard to tell from this angle but it looks like it might have a ratcheted headband.

If this turns out to be more than Twitter speculation then the lack of an IPD slider is worrying, given the Rift's restricted IPD range.

Oh, and making the thing that gets clamped to sweaty heads white would be potentially disgusting in the long term.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Really feel the Quest is in its stride with some amazing games at the moment..now that I've managed to rip myself away from Tetris Effect at last I've been loving "In Death: Unchained" and also "Descent Alps" (on Sidequest).

In Death just feels lots of fun to play and is perfectly moreish.....and Descent Alps is all kinds of skiing fun, really nails the sensation of skiing at times and has a ton of potential, and is free.

I also just got an £8 store credit. Is there any rhyme or reason to this? I haven't bought a game for a few months so I'm wondering if it's to encourage me back. Not that I'm complaining.

7 hours ago, Mawdlin said:

I also just got an £8 store credit. Is there any rhyme or reason to this? I haven't bought a game for a few months so I'm wondering if it's to encourage me back. Not that I'm complaining.

Its exactly that. I got it last month. Means you can buy a lot of their games for about £2!