rllmuk
Paulando

Oculus Quest - (Usernames in first post)

44 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

It's easy to do on the headset. If you want to go for a bigger/better picture than what the Record video button does just do this:

How did i not think about doing that?! But in any case, i would prefer to be able to connect via from PC capture card to record. I've ordered a new HDMI splitter which apparently removes HDCP.

2 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

How did i not think about doing that?! But in any case, i would prefer to be able to connect via from PC capture card to record. I've ordered a new HDMI splitter which apparently removes HDCP.

Just use a cheap USB3 cable instead with Oculuis Link. Run Virtual Desktop on the PC and screen capture that.

3 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Just use a cheap USB3 cable instead with Oculuis Link. Run Virtual Desktop on the PC and screen capture that.

Yeah i tried that, i couldn't get it to work - i might have another go this week. Will let you know how i get on!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, r1skbreak3r said:

The official link cable is now available in the UK - it's a bit pricey at £89 though.

Ordered!

I'm justifying it by not buying a Rift S. I've been using the Anker cable which works fine, but it's not very flexible and pulls the headset slightly, adding weight to it. I used the velcro loop that comes with the cable to secure it to the head strap which helps a bit, but i've read that the Oculus Link cable is a lot lighter and more flexible, and a good bit longer.

Any justification is better than none :)

£89?! Balls. The 3m Anker is really annoying me though so I may end up going for it. Tried numerous extensions but none have worked for me. :( 

Currently installing LambdaVR so I can play HL, or at least try it. This is my first foray into sidequest but it seems ok so far, nothing too scary.

What do you think the chances are that Tetris Effect appears on quest? 

There's money to be made right?

It's my most wanted game right now. 

Haven’t been on my Qoest since some time before Xmas and I’ve got some spare time this w’end. I’m guessing there will have been a few updates (I’m looking forward to trying the hand tracking!), have any of them perhaps added support for BT headphones? 

6 hours ago, RYAN WHITELAW said:

What do you think the chances are that Tetris Effect appears on quest? 

There's money to be made right?

It's my most wanted game right now. 

Not sure, it’s pretty graphically intensive with loads of particle effects. Could take quite some work to port it. 

Live streamed to Facebook from the Quest for the first time earlier today. Stream is pretty good when it works. Although it errored out a couple of times in the 10 mins I was trying it so it’s not that stable. Also you can’t live stream Beat Saber, so I went with Pistol Whip.

19 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Not sure, it’s pretty graphically intensive with loads of particle effects. Could take quite some work to port it. 

Live streamed to Facebook from the Quest for the first time earlier today. Stream is pretty good when it works. Although it errored out a couple of times in the 10 mins I was trying it so it’s not that stable. Also you can’t live stream Beat Saber, so I went with Pistol Whip.

Is it wifi or cabled?

There is another sale on at the moment on the Oculus store called the Lunar New Year sale, A Fisherman's Tale is in there for 7.99. I played it on PSVR and really enjoyed it, and Ithink it would really suit the untethered nature of the Quest, so I'd heartily recommend it at that price.

Additionally the Quest version of Doctor Who: The Edge of Time released yesterday, which I'm quite tempted by, although the reviews have been fairly middling.

Casting from the quest seems very hit and miss. I bought a chromecast and the image is horrible, especially in a game like Pistol Whip. 

22 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

Casting from the quest seems very hit and miss. I bought a chromecast and the image is horrible, especially in a game like Pistol Whip. 

yep, it's absolutely garbage, and very unreliable.  

i booted up the Under and didnt know what to do except click my fingers. So I beat my best score at pistol whip instead AAAAIIIOOOOOEEEEEE

The Under Presents does take a lot of experimentation and getting into, but it's a great experience once you do. Really inventive and pretty much unlike anything I've ever played before.

I've found casting to be pretty decent since one of the last updates. That's using a 5GHz wifi network and a 2nd gen Chromecast. Definitely no image quality issues, and with just a slight audio delay.

• Upvote 1

I love Beat Saber. I felt like a samurai last night, swinging and dancing along in time with the beats. Slowly but surely the hard setting seems.. slow! I'm able to get quite far in expert mode, just love how I've been improving over time. Thankfully I live alone because I must like a lunatic. Needs more songs though!

• Upvote 1

Walking Dead - Saints and Sinners via the link cable is an experience and a half. Flipping hell, it’s well worth a try if you can, it’s beautiful and cohesive like so few VR games achieve. The controls work really well and the physicality of the combat reminds me of Condemned in a good way.....  no idea if how long the game is, but the first hour is full of VR magic.

10 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

I love Beat Saber. I felt like a samurai last night, swinging and dancing along in time with the beats. Slowly but surely the hard setting seems.. slow! I'm able to get quite far in expert mode, just love how I've been improving over time. Thankfully I live alone because I must like a lunatic. Needs more songs though!

You know about bsaber.com, right? 

26 minutes ago, bm said:

You know about bsaber.com, right? 

Was pulled from Sidequest wasn't it?

12 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

Was pulled from Sidequest wasn't it?

I spent much of yesterday happily adding in a load of songs. A couple of misses, but plenty of hits:  Back To Black and Shake It Off are my current highlights - oh, and Deadstar, if you're a Muse fan.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Toss a coin to your Witcher on there?

Of course. 

• Upvote 1

So it's safe to update beat sabre? I've been leaving it on a old version so that I can use customs..

If you aren’t getting enough rhythm action fun from Beat Saber and Pistol Whip then you might be pleased to hear that Audica released today.