Oculus Quest - (Usernames in first post)

That Vader episode 2 is very disappointing, so much shorter than the first and very little combat. Most of it can brushed straight aside and using the lightsabre just takes them out way too quickly.  Feel a bit ripped off as I managed to get through in about 35 minutes.  Up to where this finished is where episode 1 should have stopped.

2 hours ago, Lorfarius said:

That Vader episode 2 is very disappointing, so much shorter than the first and very little combat. Most of it can brushed straight aside and using the lightsabre just takes them out way too quickly.  Feel a bit ripped off as I managed to get through in about 35 minutes.  Up to where this finished is where episode 1 should have stopped.

If it's so short (and disappointing) then I would get your money back. If enough people do this it'll send a strong message for the publisher to provide better value going forward.

I haven't played episode 2 yet but I also found episode 1 underwhelming. Once you get past the initial Star Wars wow factor it is very thin in terms of actual gameplay.

I guess there's no extras in episode 2 like the dojo?

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

Not sure if this has been posted before but sort of stumbled across it on Reddit. Basically someones converted Beat Sabre onto a website, just type this address into the Oculus browser and you can play even more songs with different animations for free!

http://moonrider.xyz/

It’s been around for a while, and to be blunt, it’s a bit shit. Loads of content but jumpy and flakey, with none of the fluidity of BS.

7 hours ago, jonamok said:

It’s been around for a while, and to be blunt, it’s a bit shit. Loads of content but jumpy and flakey, with none of the fluidity of BS.

Could that be down to your internet or perhaps when you tried it last, maybe its been updated since you tried? I was on it for a good few hours last night and didn't have a single problem bar one song not loading.

I'm on 100MB fiber though.

BS is great but I struggle to do the decent songs as they all seem set to be Hard or Expert+.  All of the ones on that site had Easy or Normal modes meaning I could play them :lol:

Also can anyone recommend some good headphones to use? The built in ones are a bit rubbish at times especially when I'm trying to bop around in Beat Sabre to awesome tunes.  Youtube is a bit of a minefield to find decent pairs with many a reviewer pointing you to ones that don't do the surround sound properly.

I'm going to buy a Quest soon.  Now that everyone has had theirs for a while ... did you find 64GB enough or is it worth the 100 quid for the 128GB model?

I've already got a rift so the quest is more for casual/party use.

For parties, what is the best way to share the screen ... the Ultra Chromecast thingy?

16 minutes ago, Simbo said:

I'm going to buy a Quest soon.  Now that everyone has had theirs for a while ... did you find 64GB enough or is it worth the 100 quid for the 128GB model?

Unless you are going to be dumping masses of movies and hacked games on it then 64GB is plenty.  I've got loads of games on mine (its 128) and I've barely hit 95GB. Most titles are quite small at a few GBs.

On 26/09/2019 at 15:03, Mawdlin said:

If it's so short (and disappointing) then I would get your money back. If enough people do this it'll send a strong message for the publisher to provide better value going forward.

I haven't played episode 2 yet but I also found episode 1 underwhelming. Once you get past the initial Star Wars wow factor it is very thin in terms of actual gameplay.

I guess there's no extras in episode 2 like the dojo?

Episode 2 story is very underwhelming and the graphics seemed glitchy to me (weird shadows etc). Was all set to refund it but then had a quick blast on the dojo which seemed like top fun and I didn’t care for the episode 1 dojo very much. So will give that another go and see if it’s worth keeping. 

I'm already sold. Can use it to play Elite Dangerous as I still have a Rift copy from 3 years ago.

I was a bit worried about buying Moss, its not a full on VR experience with me dancing around the room of swinging weapons yet its by far the most fun and interactive game I've played. Found my way into an ancient temple arena, facing off against these weird crab creatures. Protecting the lil mouse and swinging that sword is fantastic.

19 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

I'm already sold. Can use it to play Elite Dangerous as I still have a Rift copy from 3 years ago.

I was a bit worried about buying Moss, its not a full on VR experience with me dancing around the room of swinging weapons yet its by far the most fun and interactive game I've played. Found my way into an ancient temple arena, facing off against these weird crab creatures. Protecting the lil mouse and swinging that sword is fantastic.

Nice one, Moss may well be my next purchase after I finish Shadowpoint.

10 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

Do you have Shadowpoint? That is a must have. (Also I’m assuming you have Beat Saber and Superhot which are essentials)

Red Matter is seemingly 4-5 hours long.

Wasn't sure about Shadowpoint, few reviews just said it was purely a puzzler so ignored it as I had other things. Really wish they'd done some sort of sale during Oculus Connect as I'd have bought loads.  Might save off spending a fortune this week with the Go stuff about to come out, no idea if that will have decent stuff available.

47 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Wasn't sure about Shadowpoint, few reviews just said it was purely a puzzler so ignored it as I had other things. Really wish they'd done some sort of sale during Oculus Connect as I'd have bought loads.  Might save off spending a fortune this week with the Go stuff about to come out, no idea if that will have decent stuff available.

I'm really enjoying Shadowpoint but, yes, it's largely a clever puzzle game with some interesting quirks. Parts of it actually remind me of Portal and there's also a Witness vibe to it too.

I tend to complete one section a night (about 30 minutes each). So it's perfect if you like to dip in and out.

Has there ever been an Oculus game sale? It's disappointing in that respect.