rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Anne Summers

Play Expo Manchester this weekend?

Anyone going?

I will be there once again with the Antstream team - come and say hi!

Also really hoping to get the chance to see Knightmare Live as I missed it last time. Though I did get a photo with Tregard. 

I’ll be there. Seeing as there’s a Next conversion of the game I’m working on being converted by one of the Next team, I’ve been invited by them to join them at the Spectrum Next stand. 

• Upvote 1

Looks like it was fun yesterday- can anyone summarise what Matthew Smith had to say? Seen reports on Twitter of him  talking about being unhappy doing JSW and signed someone’s copy saying “I never got paid” which I find odd as wasn’t he a partner in Software Projects?

I had to leave half way through, but I knew a little bit about his crazy life journey, and wanted to hear more about it. But he said he didn't want to (or had been advised not to) talk about that period

Instead they showed a 40 minute video of someone playing jsw.

3 hours ago, luth714 said:

Looks like it was fun yesterday- can anyone summarise what Matthew Smith had to say? Seen reports on Twitter of him  talking about being unhappy doing JSW and signed someone’s copy saying “I never got paid” which I find odd as wasn’t he a partner in Software Projects?

I haven't watched it yet, but found his talk on YouTube:

5 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Don't think I will but some of the team will.

That's still awesome, will be able to check it all out :-)

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Anyone catch Matt Smith's talk? 

Chatting to him after I said I thought it was a bit dark - "Could have been a lot darker" he told me. 

It's on YouTube, I watched it last night, not really a Matt Smith talk as such, more of a Q&A. You get a sense that whole period of his life (after Manic Miner) was a bit of nightmare. We should be greatful JSW got finished I think. He's not the most elequent but that might have been nerves, took a whiole to get the words out. I think he's probably better 1 on 1.

7 minutes ago, elyuw said:

It's on YouTube, I watched it last night, not really a Matt Smith talk as such, more of a Q&A. You get a sense that whole period of his life (after Manic Miner) was a bit of nightmare. We should be greatful JSW got finished I think. He's not the most elequent but that might have been nerves, took a whiole to get the words out. I think he's probably better 1 on 1.

Yeah, he's much better one on one . It's still a bit of a struggle at times but he had moments of real sharp wit and clarity. 

I saw him back in 2004 (which is now obviously a long time ago) and he seemed a lot more on the ball back then to how he comes across on that video. 

2 hours ago, Swainy said:

I saw him back in 2004 (which is now obviously a long time ago) and he seemed a lot more on the ball back then to how he comes across on that video. 

Yeah, I met him at some retro thing which ran for 2 years at the Fairfield Hall in Croydon - must have been around a similar time as he looked like that, kinda slightly zany, tanned, looked like he was having a ball. Don't know what's happened to the poor chap in the interim, but I was kinda shocked when I saw pictures of him recently....he seems all smiley on the selfies with people at the Expo, but looks kinda...pale and really haunted....sad :(