IGNORED

Samsung announce new portrait TV for Ikaruga fans

bear

Awesome thread is awesome.  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

https://hexus.net/ce/news/audio-visual/130073-samsung-launches-43-inch-sero-portrait-tv/

The Samsung Sero is a 43-inch TV that stands out from the crowd as it has been designed to be used in a portrait, or vertical, orientation. "Most of the mobile contents are in the vertical form," says Samsung, and thus the Sero is a natural screen for smart device mirroring. Sero is the Romanisation of the Korean word for vertical.

Samsung says users can use the Sero TV's built-in NFC mirroring functionality to enjoy games, videos and more on the portrait screen. However, Samsung's supplied TV stand does allow the Sero screen to be pivoted and used in the landcape, or horizontal, orientation too.

image.png.142090128e189171303949fd90fba396.png

So they are saying its a TV designed for people who don't understand that you should turn your phone sideways when you take pictures but the next image gives the game away about what this TVs true purpose. 

image.png.f0cc94924537bfde871154ad7a8574e3.png

White top for the Samsung lady, black pants for the Samsung lad. Opposites, just like Ikaruga.

I quite like shmups so I got a rotating monitor, but I have to confess sometimes I cannot even be arsed to lean forward and twist it around. I was really taken aback at my own sheer laziness!

Anyway, I don't see myself spinning a fuck off TV of that size around too often. And it doesn't look very dynamic at all, like you have to remove the whole TV and slot it in a different way! Same way as you could do to any normal LED really, if you had the right mount.

Shite/10.

28 minutes ago, bear said:

White top for the Samsung lady, black pants for the Samsung lad. Opposites, just like Ikaruga.

The Awesomeness of that line, combined with the photo, reminded me of the UK Resistence articles back in the day

22 minutes ago, merrychan said:

The Awesomeness of that line, combined with the photo, reminded me of the UK Resistence articles back in the day

I wonder if their waistbands are at the same height on purpose. Is that a marketing thing? I find it hard to believe their legs are the same length given the difference in height.