E3 2019 | Microsoft Sunday June 9th 9:00PM BST

1 minute ago, Thor said:

You've missed the point. A lot of people watched this to see what MS was coming up with exclusively for the One (X or otherwise) and their new machine - something to make people use the "takemymoney" gif. They've not shown anything of note on that front. They made a big thing about acquiring a studio ... Double Fine ... BIG FUCKING WHOOP! 

Outer Worlds is on all platforms, but it's available on Game Pass from day one.

Yeah alright calm down, I watched it because I'm an Xbox owner and I enjoyed what they had to offer. Just knowing the new console comes with Halo made me happy, I thought it might be much longer in development.

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

Outer Worlds is on all platforms, but it's available on Game Pass from day one.

This was actually the biggest surprise for me.

Of course, now they're working for Microsoft the likes of Double Fine, Obsidian, Exile Entertainment, Playground Games will simply be making Gears spin-offs - as @Majora says.

1 minute ago, Nequests said:

Did MS get Double Fine on the cheap after Strabreeze collapsed? They were publishing Psychonauts 2, so I imagine it probably put them in a difficult position.

Wouldn't be surprised, I don't think much of Double Fine's recent output has set any heather on fire. 

i was happy to get my gamepass and gold converted to just over 12 months of ultimate (which is 10.99 in uk money) - the lineup looks amazing and I'm setup for new games for next twelve months :D

and I can play free games on PC as well.

1 minute ago, mechamonkey said:

I just did the convert to ultimate gamepass thing for a quid and apparently I have it until 2024, umm "locked in" then.

So you've effectively just secured yourself Halo Infinite on Scarlet and PC.

Just now, footle said:

Sure - but it'd be pretty trivial to make a Zen 2 based processor that's more than 4 times the power of the Jaguar cores. Swings, roundabouts.

tflops is more of a gpu thing though, cpus cant even do one tflop. A 2080ti is a bit less than 14 tflops, so 24 tflops is loads. 

I think both Sony and MS will probably be conflating ssd storage bandwidth with pure grunt this gen. 

Just now, deerokus said:

Wouldn't be surprised, I don't think much of Double Fine's recent output has set any heather on fire. 

Yeah, I just looked at their Wiki page and they've released a fair few games in recent years that I hadn't even heard about. I used to play everything they put out.

5 minutes ago, footle said:

This was actually the biggest surprise for me.

Me too. I wasn't all that interested in the game - I don't like the steampunk style of of it. But if it's on Gamepass it's worth a shot. May as well get some use out of my One X. ;)

3 minutes ago, labarte said:

tflops is more of a gpu thing though, cpus cant even do one tflop. A 2080ti is a bit less than 14 tflops, so 24 tflops is loads. 

I think both Sony and MS will probably be conflating ssd storage bandwidth with pure grunt this gen. 

Sure - but they didn't quote TF. They just said 4 times more powerful.

Just now, footle said:

£160 seems a bit...

Absolutely it is, still it’s one of my hobbies of choice so I’ll fork out for it and I’m so used to using paddles now I couldn’t go back to the regular controller...

28 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

What do I get for enduring that through bloody Mixer?

Did you have issues? Aside from being a minute or so behind, it was faultless for me. Hide chat and off you go.

4 minutes ago, TommyG said:

Absolutely it is, still it’s one of my hobbies of choice so I’ll fork out for it and I’m so used to using paddles now I couldn’t go back to the regular controller...

So am I. But my elite works except for the headphone socket...