rllmuk
Revival

E3 2019 | Microsoft Sunday June 9th 9:00PM BST

A decent show, but I think it suffered from increased expectations due to Sony’s absence. I do think that MS has unrealistic ideas of exactly how emotionally connected we are to its characters though.

• Upvote 5

It really needed some Halo gameplay.. the focus on Masterchief lore/narrative always baffles me. 

A poor way to end.

• Upvote 2

Just now, mechamonkey said:

Honestly people saying that was poor, what exactly do you want? It was fun, fuckloads of stuff on gamepass, Keanu, new hardware shit-tons of games

Gameplay.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, mechamonkey said:

Honestly people saying that was poor, what exactly do you want?

Gameplay?

EDIT: Beaten.

• Upvote 6

I honestly think Microsoft believe that everyone is really deep into the Halo lore and loves the awful novels and whatnot instead of just wanting to see what they've done to make shooting purple aliens in the face more fun.

• Upvote 6

Highlights for me were indie based, especially Spiritfarer & 12 Minutes.

I may also make a return to Forza thanks to Lego.

The Scarlet stuff was so empty and pointless. They only did that to get their next-gen trousers on before Sony. Just a list of achingly tedious tech specs and nobodies talking about SSDs and lifts, with nothing to show. Fucking hell.

3 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

Honestly people saying that was poor, what exactly do you want? It was fun, fuckloads of stuff on gamepass, Keanu, new hardware shit-tons of games, maybe go do something else apart from videogames for a bit.

Fuck off with this shit. 

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 2

Using your console as a streaming server should be interesting. I used to stream my Xbox One from home to the office, and it was well shonky, even with Virgin Media's best available upload speed. Presumably MS have their tech wizards on the case ...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RubberJohnny said:

Gameplay.

There was no time for that, it's all about the hype during this, I am reasonably confident you will be able to see gameplay before it's released.
Besides literally every time there is gameplay shown with someone playing it just becomes a meme mania focused disaster.

4 minutes ago, Stanley said:

:huh:

Pete's right. Outside of Halo, everything really good (Outer Worlds, Borderlands 3, Cyberpunk spring to mind) was multiplatform. 

Not really inspiring me to get a one x or potentially even a scarlet with game pass for PC but some not bad looking stuff on the way I'd not seen so that's all good. 

Was halo supposed to be running on the next gen? If so that was terrible, there are way better looking games on current gen. If not that was terrible, all the messaging suggested it was.

I thought it was great.

Streaming to devices at home in October

Gears 5 looks absolutely smashing, cant wait to start the multiplayer on that. And ultimate edition for game pass ultimate folks, thats nice.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Harsin said:

I honestly think Microsoft believe that everyone really deep into the Halo lore and loves the novels and whatnot instead of just wanting to see what they,be done to make shooting purple aliens in the face more fun.

Exactly this.. seems to have been the main issue since moving over to 343. It's like they think they have inherited some sort of narrative based masterpiece rather than the daddy of all FPS's.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, barkbat said:

And care about how he misses his generic as fuck family? 

This is a thing in just about all big-budget American media these days.

1 minute ago, Comrade said:

Here’s a theory: Halo Infinite is a direct sequel to the original Halo 1 and retcons away all other games.

Here's a more plausible theory: it's following up from you being blown into space at the end of Halo 3.

(sorry).

Just now, Thor said:

Pete's right. Outside of Halo, everything really good (Outer Worlds, Borderlands 3, Cyberpunk spring to mind) was multiplatform. 

Doesn't really bother me what platform it was on, but I'll be playing Cyberpunk on my X, so I'm happy. I thought Outer Worlds was exclusive? Must've be mistaken.

I thought it was well pitched without any slack and tonnes of games and a new console, maybe I'm just easily pleased.

Halo as a launch game is massive IMO.

7 minutes ago, U-1 said:

It really needed some Halo gameplay.. the focus on Masterchief lore/narrative always baffles me. 

A poor way to end.

Remember the one where they did show "gameplay" Halo 2, that went well didnt it?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, U-1 said:

Exactly this.. seems to have been the main issue since moving over to 343. It's like they think they have inherited some sort of narrative based masterpiece rather than the daddy of all FPS's.

The sad thing is, the story in Halo 1 is genuinely good. The story in Reach is even fucking better. But everything since ... eeehh. Halo 3 was good, but otherwise.-

18 minutes ago, Revival said:

Can Scarlett really be 4x the power of the One X? That's going to be quite insane.

24 tflops?

I doubt it. 

Gears 5 is a bit weird too.. so is it now split into 3 gametypes (Escape, multiplayer and campaign)? It's wasn't overly clear.

I thought it was a pretty good show to be honest. A whole load of the indie games they showed look fantastic.

I’m assuming they missed off putting ‘rendered in Project Scarlett’ for the Halo Infinite trailer because otherwise it didn’t do a whole lot...that said, I’m well up for more daft storyline (I genuinely love this sort of stuff whilst understanding how silly it all is).

In general, I think MS are doing an awful lot to get folks back to the Xbox fold though. The whole game pass thing for $15 seems pretty great. 

Just need them them to make sure that Scarlett makes certain to do what the X does and enhance older games!