E3 2019 | Microsoft Sunday June 9th 9:00PM BST

Using your console as a streaming server should be interesting. I used to stream my Xbox One from home to the office, and it was well shonky, even with Virgin Media's best available upload speed. Presumably MS have their tech wizards on the case ...

1 minute ago, RubberJohnny said:

Gameplay.

There was no time for that, it's all about the hype during this, I am reasonably confident you will be able to see gameplay before it's released.
Besides literally every time there is gameplay shown with someone playing it just becomes a meme mania focused disaster.

Was halo supposed to be running on the next gen? If so that was terrible, there are way better looking games on current gen. If not that was terrible, all the messaging suggested it was.

Just now, Harsin said:

I honestly think Microsoft believe that everyone really deep into the Halo lore and loves the novels and whatnot instead of just wanting to see what they,be done to make shooting purple aliens in the face more fun.

Exactly this.. seems to have been the main issue since moving over to 343. It's like they think they have inherited some sort of narrative based masterpiece rather than the daddy of all FPS's.

1 minute ago, Comrade said:

Here’s a theory: Halo Infinite is a direct sequel to the original Halo 1 and retcons away all other games.

Here's a more plausible theory: it's following up from you being blown into space at the end of Halo 3.

(sorry).

Just now, Thor said:

Pete's right. Outside of Halo, everything really good (Outer Worlds, Borderlands 3, Cyberpunk spring to mind) was multiplatform. 

Doesn't really bother me what platform it was on, but I'll be playing Cyberpunk on my X, so I'm happy. I thought Outer Worlds was exclusive? Must've be mistaken.

I thought it was well pitched without any slack and tonnes of games and a new console, maybe I'm just easily pleased.

Halo as a launch game is massive IMO.

7 minutes ago, U-1 said:

It really needed some Halo gameplay.. the focus on Masterchief lore/narrative always baffles me. 

A poor way to end.

Remember the one where they did show "gameplay" Halo 2, that went well didnt it?

1 minute ago, U-1 said:

Exactly this.. seems to have been the main issue since moving over to 343. It's like they think they have inherited some sort of narrative based masterpiece rather than the daddy of all FPS's.

The sad thing is, the story in Halo 1 is genuinely good. The story in Reach is even fucking better. But everything since ... eeehh. Halo 3 was good, but otherwise.-

I thought it was a pretty good show to be honest. A whole load of the indie games they showed look fantastic.

I’m assuming they missed off putting ‘rendered in Project Scarlett’ for the Halo Infinite trailer because otherwise it didn’t do a whole lot...that said, I’m well up for more daft storyline (I genuinely love this sort of stuff whilst understanding how silly it all is).

In general, I think MS are doing an awful lot to get folks back to the Xbox fold though. The whole game pass thing for $15 seems pretty great. 

Just need them them to make sure that Scarlett makes certain to do what the X does and enhance older games!

2 minutes ago, U-1 said:

Erm, do you not remember Halo 2 and 3?

1 minute ago, mechamonkey said:

Remember the one where they did show "gameplay" Halo 2, that went well didnt it?

Yeah but after last year's trailer with the Warthog footage today's was a real comedown.. after hyping up Scarlett you would have thought they would have shown "something" on the stunning landscapes.

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Doesn't really bother me what platform it was on, but I'll be playing Cyberpunk on my X, so I'm happy. I thought Outer Worlds was exclusive? Must've be mistaken.

You've missed the point. A lot of people watched this to see what MS was coming up with exclusively for the One (X or otherwise) and their new machine - something to make people use the "takemymoney" gif. They've not shown anything of note on that front. They made a big thing about acquiring a studio ... Double Fine ... BIG FUCKING WHOOP! 

Outer Worlds is on all platforms, but it's available on Game Pass from day one.

I really like my One X and Gamepass is great but Microsoft just generally kind of creatively bore me. For all the indie games they showcase, their in-house stuff never strays far. They're still far too reliant on two franchises that peaked in terms of sales and cultural relevance a decade ago and it feels like they always inevitably bring things back to the shooter crowd given half a chance.

Yeah definitely a good showing. 

There weren’t a load of games shown that I’d be interested in paying £50+ for, but there were a shit ton that I’ll happily take a look at and play for free over the next year or two now that I’ve managed to get Game Pass Ultimate for £1 until the middle of 2022. 

The fact that I’ll also be getting the new Halo for free when Scarlet launches is just the cherry on top. 

5 minutes ago, labarte said:

24 tflops?

I doubt it. 

Sure - but it'd be pretty trivial to make a Zen 2 based processor that's more than 4 times the power of the Jaguar cores. Swings, roundabouts.

14 minutes ago, MidWalian said:

The developers of scarlet talked about the importance of faster loading so you can get to playing the game. 

Then they showed disappointing halo cutscenes with no gameplay. Doh. 

It's like the 4k HDR push a couple of years ago. Selling polished knobs using soundbites. 

11 minutes ago, peeveen said:

Using your console as a streaming server should be interesting. I used to stream my Xbox One from home to the office, and it was well shonky, even with Virgin Media's best available upload speed. Presumably MS have their tech wizards on the case ...

Isn't it just remote play?