rllmuk
Eighthours

PlayStation 5. Sony event on 11 June showed console and games

“Where is the actual next gen stuff? This could run on a PS4!”

Horizon 2 trailer

Lol nice pre-rendered clip Sony. Just show us some actual game footage.”

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, englishbob said:

I'm guessing then that Resident Evil Village (if that is what its called) is only coming out on PS5? 

PS5, Xbox Series X, PC.

but the hope was that Sony’s first party studios would show stuff that really justified their next gen only strategy, and I don’t think they really did with that.

Please correct me, but the only 2020 game at all that might be PS5 exclusive was spiderman?

It had Ratchet and Clank. I'm sold.

I was really disappointed they only release 1 game on PS4

4 minutes ago, AceGrace said:

lol. I just like having the option to trade but mainly to be able to buy second hand games.

:blah:

And hopefully it plays PS4 discs too. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Uncle Mike said:

Spider-Man 2 is a launch(-ish) game - I want to play more Spider-Man, 

The only caveat is that it had the feel of an expansion vs a true sequel 

1 minute ago, Broker said:

Lame. 

Yeah that’s fair, I do think though as someone who used to love buying physical games, that with only game and CEX left there’s little point anymore. Trade in prices are disgusting, and second hand prices are usually so high that I may as well not bother. A lot of more interesting games don’t get physical releases anymore, and if they do game don’t stock them because they need space for COD and funko pops. I just can’t be bothered anymore.

Also a fair point, although I am going gangbusters at the moment on picking up second hand and cheaper PS4 games at the moment.  The end of a generation is always the best time to stock up on games.   I nearly always buy new games online and second hand from CEX. I haven't bought a game in Game for years.

• Upvote 1

Just now, PeteBrant said:

Yeah it’s Second Son First Light rather than a full sequel. 

1 minute ago, PeteBrant said:

Yes, that's what I was saying. I agree!

Graphics wise we aren’t going to get to the big jumps. You look at things like death stranding and it’s just phenomenal . We are in diminishing returns 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

I really dont expect to see groundbreaking games with visuals akin to the Epic tech demo we saw a few weeks back until we are well into the next gen.

Nothing screamed "this is next gen" like the preceding console reveals for me, everything looked possible to a degree on current gen (although some of the stuff in Horizon 2, if not rendered, did look good) and therefore reaffirms my belief in not buying into it just yet.

Also that has to be the worst looking Playstation ever, easily beating Breville toaster PS3.

I don’t really think the last generation was that impressive at the time. It’s been years since there were any major graphical leaps in games. I think that’s part of why Rockstar can get away with selling a remastered PS3 game again. 

• Upvote 1

It seems like almost everything shown was timed PS5 and PC exclusive, like the Xbox showing.

Both companies seem to be buying up a lot of AA titles like this, it makes me wonder if the major third parties are being really cautious like at the start of last gen.

1 minute ago, Broker said:

I don’t really think the last generation was that impressive at the time. It’s been years since there were any major graphical leaps in games. I think that’s part of why Rockstar can get away with selling a remastered PS3 game again. 

I don’t think that’s true.. see deaths stranding as mentioned. If you can get that fidelity on a living breathing city thats where the gains are 

• Upvote 1

Spider-Man Miles Morales would be a killer launch title to be fair. It would sell consoles. Is it launch or launch window?

image.gif.5c4ad7bb2e97d8d826bccaa5fd3de3ac.gif

Watching the 4K vids is giving me the feels, some games definitely look beyond current console capabilities. VIII looks super tasty, R&C couldn't be done on a OneX and I've yet to see HZD 2 or GT7. Excite.

Should have shown them that way in the showcase but they had their reasons I suppose.

1 minute ago, RubberJohnny said:

It seems like almost everything shown was timed PS5 and PC exclusive, like the Xbox showing.

Both companies seem to be buying up a lot of AA titles like this, it makes me wonder if the major third parties are being really cautious like at the start of last gen.

it wasn’t even that. Hitman, the two Capcom games - both announced for Series X at the same time.

Resi VIII is surely not exclusive. I loved the look of the Arkane game but I doubt that is either?

EDIT: I stand corrected, Deathloop does appear to be exclusive for now.

1 minute ago, PeteBrant said:

I don’t think that’s true.. see deaths stranding as mentioned. If you can get that fidelity on a living breathing city thats where the gains are 

Don’t Ass Creed and Watchdogs look pretty much that good with populated cities? Obviously with substantially blander art direction because they’re shitty Ubisoft games, but they’re definitely very pretty.

1 minute ago, pulsemyne said:

Also looks like the console might be a bit on the massive side as well.

qAo5HRS.jpg

Good lord :lol:

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, pulsemyne said:

qAo5HRS.jpg

They forgot to mention it takes memory cards for physical games

Come to think of it, they forgot to mention a lot

3 minutes ago, pulsemyne said:

qAo5HRS.jpg

THATS NO MOON. THATS A PLAYSTATION.

• Upvote 3

I watched it and nerdly made notes on my notepad to one side :D

I won't bore you all - so my top games were

Stray - robot world looked amazing fun

Returnal (shite name but looked like a good game) - Like the concept

Sackboy Big Adventure - you can fucking sue me as I love LBP and I love Sumo Digital :D

Jett the Far Shore looked fantastic

Little Devil inside - art style to die for

Deathloop - this won me over during the trailer very nice indeed

Resi 8 - Yes please!

Everything else not my cup of tea in general. Also not too happy at lack of 2020 dates shown - Spiderman, jett the Far Shore, Godfall are the only ones with definitive 2020 labels.

Console reveal? It's not as bad as the sliding top ps3. Interesting that it has a digital version - looks like both big platforms are trying to eke out value and provide a "cheaper" option.

I reckon it’s been co-designed with Dyson. It also filters the air in your living room.

• Upvote 5