rllmuk
Eighthours

PlayStation 5. Sony event on 11 June showed console and games

Only interesting part for me was Hitman III but that'll be on XSX anyway so no PS5 for me.

17 minutes ago, Thor said:

PlayStation 360 :lol: It looks nice, but the Xbox 360 did that design 15 years ago...

Fuck off, it was never fifteen years ago....

*looks it up*

:blink:

• Upvote 6

Disppointed overall. 

I was hoping for too much I suppose. 

I wanted to know of at least one exclusive system seller available at launch. Was that too much to ask for?

I'm still getting one but nothing from that conference screamed out that I need the console day one. 

2 minutes ago, footle said:

There’s definitely a few where 4k60 HDR trailers might blow us away.

No doubt, but the bulk of it looked the same old same old.

Still, Demon's Souls tarted up real nice.

8 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

This is exactly the weird shit I was hoping for when they showed the controller. And where are the vents? Tiny and around the edge. Love it. LED lights in the vents? Sure, fuck it. The complete opposite of the Xbox Series. Brilliant.

image.thumb.png.a0e435b14e006251e4f44bd9ec11ee7e.png

I wonder what the cooling system is going to be like.  It certainly doesn’t look like it’s ready to vent air easily. 

I do hope it will come in all black too though. 

Black’s always easier to pretend it’s ‘just a new blu ray player’.

I'm going to have a hard enough time working out what to say the Series X is going to be...

I’m going for new smart speaker...

• Upvote 4

If the PS4 is anything to go by the ps5 is gonna sound like a space ship taking off, so might as well look like one. 

• Upvote 6
  • Empathy 1

Sony deserve a massive slap for trolling everyone right at the beginning with that Rockstar logo ... "Oh wow, GTA6 reveal??" ... :o ... :angry:

• Upvote 4

Just now, rafaqat said:

I wonder what the cooling system is going to be like.  It certainly doesn’t look like it’s ready to vent air easily. 

It looks like it’s either nigh-airtight or about to completely fall apart depending which angle I see it from. I genuinely cannot get a feel on it.

I think that probably took the edge off the over-the-top PS5 hype in a lot of places, it certainly wasn't the PS4-style blowout that was expected. Everything about the way these consoles have been marketed has been weird.

A bit of a mixed showing for many of the same reasons as the Xbox one, a lot of cross-gen games that don't look like "The Future Of Gaming" and some that could easily run on consoles two generations old (literally in the case of the opener).

Highlights:

RE VIIIAGE looks very different, which is welcome after all those nostalgia retreads.

Horizon looked like the first actual lavish next gen game we've seen, assuming that's in-engine.

Ratchet and Clank looked very impressive too, to my eyes, but this was peak screen pixelating

A couple of very impressive indies, Kira and that Annapurna one

Lowlights:

Rockstar trying to sell you GTA again, as a probably premium upgrade no less

That Octodad Game

Godfall

Destruction Allstars being the nth game to try and make their bunch of overdesigned twats popular

Astrobot Gameroom, which manages to look like a low quality PS4 game while not being VR?

EA trying to get you interested in NBA with rendering a single bloke in an empty court, that looked current gen anyway

That Pragmata game which seemed really hard to be ripping off the Kojima Productions logo trailer, for some reason? It felt a bit like those Asylum productions you used to get.

• Upvote 4

I think the whole thing would have been well served by a narrator or compere explaining why the games we were looking at were true next gen material - this is 4K, that is 60fps, the other has zero load times, etc. 

• Upvote 1

It's going to go yellow the second it overhears someone smoking a cigarette in a nearby house.

• Upvote 2

If Demon’s is out at launch I’ll buy the console, that simple. That, Horizon and Resi VIII all looked excellent. 

• Upvote 1

Intrigued by Stray....looks like a decent but of world building there.

Quite liked the look of that Ember Labs one too....but it could just be the Ken Watanabe (-like) voiceover.

Just now, Popo said:

I think the whole thing would have been well served by a narrator or compere explaining why the games we were looking at were true next gen material - this is 4K, that is 60fps, the other has zero load times, etc. 

Yeah - there was nothing there that looked completely mind-blowing. All of it seemed like better performing versions of what we had already.

Presentation was cool, although very trailer heavy with only a few gameplay snippets. 

Some great looking game, console design is absolutely pure mental! 

Aye! 

I thought it was pretty decent. Lots of new IP. Nothing massively "next-gen" but I didn't really expect anything like that, at least on this stream. The cat game, the moon thing, the Arkane game all caught my attention. The thing itself is a bit WTF though. 

• Upvote 1

I desperately want the DeS remaster, but I would rather go hollow than have that hideous fucking beer-tap monstrosity under my telly.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

I think that probably took the edge off the over-the-top PS5 hype in a lot of places, it certainly wasn't the PS4-style blowout that was expected. Everything about the way these consoles have been marketed has been weird.

A bit of a mixed showing for many of the same reasons as the Xbox one, a lot of cross-gen games that don't look like "The Future Of Gaming" and some that could easily run on consoles two generations old (literally in the case of the opener).

Highlights:

RE VIIIAGE looks very different, which is welcome after all those nostalgia retreads.

Horizon looked like the first actual lavish next gen game we've seen, assuming that's in-engine.

Ratchet and Clank looked very impressive too, to my eyes, but this was peak screen pixelating

A couple of very impressive indies, Kira and that Annapurna one

Lowlights:

Rockstar trying to sell you GTA again, as a probably premium upgrade no less

That Octodad Game

Godfall

Destruction Allstars being the nth game to try and make their bunch of overdesigned twats popular

Astrobot Gameroom, which manages to look like a low quality PS4 game while not being VR?

EA trying to get you interested in NBA with rendering a single bloke in an empty court, that looked current gen anyway

That Pragmata game which seemed really hard to be ripping off the Kojima Productions logo trailer, for some reason? It felt a bit like those Asylum productions you used to get.

I think that’s a pretty fair summary. The first thing when I saw Allstars when I saw the trailer was the focus group saying “ what if we combine fortnite with rocket league!”