PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ

4 hours ago, Reynard said:

This one?

image.png.bfe91ebc1c762e7030f0fce59a27ef2c.png

Really nice.

Although I admit that I upgraded to a Pro last year and have this currently sitting underneath my TV:

image.png.cfac20f64286e5c6a5e01ff24af81218.png

I have that Metal Gear PS4 and it’s hidden behind my TV where I can’t see it. Exactly where the white behemoth will go. 

I’ve wavered about getting a Series X but when I look at this gen objectively and the games I’ve loved, and imagine having missed out on Horizon ZD, Spider-Man, GOW, Uncharted 4 (still to play Last of Us pt2, Days Gone And Bloodborne) the reality is that none of how it looks really matters. I’ll just go where the games are that I like and that’s PS5. 

10 hours ago, Quexex said:

Playroom confirmed to be 4-5hrs long in interview with dev -

Japan studio interview on Famitsu(in japanese)
What is a surprise?

--Can you tell us a little more about the game?How much volume is the game?

Nicola
I think it's roughly 4-5 hours to play through and complete the game in one sitting.In addition, there are a lot of homages to the 25 years of PlayStation history hidden throughout the game.There are collectibles among them, and a lot of artifacts and puzzle pieces to collect, which is a lot of fun.Also, I can't go into detail, but there's a surprise for PlayStation fans if you complete them all.  I can't wait to see how you all enjoy this PlayStation tribute, and I can't wait to see your reaction, although it's been 25 years in the making, so some of the younger players may not understand some of it (laughs).

Giant Enemy Crab confirmed for final boss

32 minutes ago, Quexex said:

Just watched this on my phone and even then the difference is staggering. 

That is pretty impressive. It’s actually a really good way to see how ray tracing can create a much more nuanced visual effect without the seemingly typical ‘make everything in the demo scene massively reflective’ approach. Exciting to see more things using it.

10 hours ago, Quexex said:

Have the downgraded the PS4 version to make Next gen look better?

Yeah, you'd think a PS4 would do better, although you can see the advantage of being able to do lighting better the actual players are, well...PS3y.

11 hours ago, Quexex said:

NBA2K PS5 graphics look like how NBA2K PS4 graphics were perceived by us on the release of that console! It’s amazing how we get used to graphics and can then be dazzled again the next time the console cycle moves on. I remember when NBA2K PS4 was next gen, and in my head the jump looked like that PS5 footage! 

I remember I was still playing PS3 stuff for a good long while after I got my launch PS4. Was a while before the big PS4 games came. Looks like similar will be happening for PS5. I plan on playing Red Dead Redemption 2, and possibly Days Gone. Think I'll revisit Last Of Us 2 as well.

The difference is, I'm going to be playing Red Dead 2 with extra PS5 shineys, and on a great big sexy 4K OLED. I have no doubt it'll make RDR2 look truly gorgeous :-)

Graphics are amazing but what actually matters, like animations, AI and simulation I doubt they we’ll have serious gameplay improvements. It’s 2K we are talking about so, for me, it’s kinda  disappointing people consider paying so much.

40 minutes ago, MansizeRooster said:

I remember I was still playing PS3 stuff for a good long while after I got my launch PS4. Was a while before the big PS4 games came. Looks like similar will be happening for PS5. I plan on playing Red Dead Redemption 2, and possibly Days Gone. Think I'll revisit Last Of Us 2 as well.

The difference is, I'm going to be playing Red Dead 2 with extra PS5 shineys, and on a great big sexy 4K OLED. I have no doubt it'll make RDR2 look truly gorgeous :-)

Have they announced anything for red dead?

12 hours ago, Quexex said:

This was the trailer for last year's PS4 game.. judge for yourselves..

27 minutes ago, mikeyl said:

On dispatch in the past. Miles M will be £44 using shopto psn credit mind

I tend to stick to retail rather than digital purchases because I trade my games once completed.

1 hour ago, Harrisown said:

Have they announced anything for red dead?

Nope. It's just the game I selected to play, as I bounced off it when I first had a go at it. I reckon the extra shineys will help get me into it good and proper.

6 minutes ago, MansizeRooster said:

Sony have just posted a teardown, in Japanese, completely out of the blue.

Sometimes I look at the PS5 and think it doesn't look as big as I'd previously thought. That thumbnail pic though... :blink:

That teardown video is good, watch on youtube with subtitles turned on. Lots of info, I love the storage upgrade options.

Beast of a fan & that heatsink!

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 | 10 Days - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ