PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ

41 minutes ago, Ferine said:

According to Astro the PS5 doesn't have optical out, as they're releasing an HDMI-to-optical adapter

I love my Mixamp but why would you continue to use one when the PS5 does it's own far more advanced surround sound encoding?

Decided to dig into the official details a bit more in the run up the the event later.

I can't remember who but I'm sure someone was asking a couple of days ago about PSVR working with the PS5 HD camera. It looks like it doesn't. Small print on the current PS5 accessories page says this...

PlayStation®Camera adaptor

Connect your PlayStation®VR to your PS5 console to enjoy supported PS VR games. To set up your PS VR with your PS5 console you'll need your PlayStation Camera* for PS4™ and a PlayStation Camera adaptor (no purchase necessary). More details on how to claim an adaptor will be shared on PlayStation.com when available.

*Model CUH-ZEY1 or CUH-ZEY2

Sounds very like the Kinect adaptor Microsoft did to me.

Also that - and the mention of "supported games" - doesn't really shout to me that the v1/v2 compatibility isn't much more than a stop-gap exercise to keep people using it until a v3 eventually comes out. Look forward to finding out more later hopefully but at face value it sounds a bit light-touch if they were intending to have the current gen VR for any great length of time. Maybe v3 is closer than we think? Either way I think I'll keep my cash in my pocket rather than picking up a v2 now (which I was planning to do).

I also saw that teaser trailer for tonight's event (the one with the close up CG shots and lots of Dolby Cinema style wobbb-bb-b-b base drops). Looking at how they are positioning the whole event it looks to me like this really might be the one we've been waiting for, not just a "games showcase" or tease, actual information about the console and their vision for the generation. It could still be a damp squib, but I'm more convinced we'll get not only date and price, but more of the detail on the tech, plans, etc... and hopefully a mic drop launch game*. We'll see. 

* Caveat: I am clutching onto my ticket for the @HarryBizzle hype train

18 hours ago, pinholestar said:

They don’t seem as chummy with Sony as they are with MS though. Getting to see the Series S before probably anyone else outside of MS was quite the scoop.

Which is weird since Gamer Network have an official Playstation channel but not an official xbox one.

36 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Decided to dig into the official details a bit more in the run up the the event later.

I can't remember who but I'm sure someone was asking a couple of days ago about PSVR working with the PS5 HD camera. It looks like it doesn't. Small print on the current PS5 accessories page says this...

Sounds very like the Kinect adaptor Microsoft did to me.

Also that - and the mention of "supported games" - doesn't really shout to me that the v1/v2 compatibility isn't much more than a stop-gap exercise to keep people using it until a v3 eventually comes out. Look forward to finding out more later hopefully but at face value it sounds a bit light-touch if they were intending to have the current gen VR for any great length of time. Maybe v3 is closer than we think? Either way I think I'll keep my cash in my pocket rather than picking up a v2 now (which I was planning to do).

I had mentioned it. I'm glad that a free adaptor will make the PS4 Camera work for now. I'd imagine that we'll get a PS5 VR within the first year or so and that'll need the PS5 Camera.

Hype Train Predictions
- Price reveal £499 (£399 digital): Sony's thinking - we have the exclusive software, plus there's a built in launch game - ergo still value next to Xbox.
- Demon Souls footage doesn't disappoint

- PS4 LoU2 shown playing on PS5 with enhancements.
- Naughty Dog announce incoming PS5 exclusive single-player mission for LoU 2.
- Kojima title announced
- That title is spiritual successor to Silent Hills/PT.
- That title will be PSVR 2 compatible and out 2021.

Yeah, they'll want to throw some names up at this point even if they are literally years away from being released.

What will be interesting, will be to keep a track of the third-party stuff and how much is "exclusive", against how much is "timed-exclusive", and then how much their say neither for meaning it's also coming to XBX as well.

With RE Village for example - is that exclusive or also coming to X do we know?

EDIT: Sorted, just looked it up, it's on PS5, XBX, Steam.

5 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Yeah, they'll want to throw some names up at this point even if they are literally years away from being released.

What will be interesting, will be to keep a track of the third-party stuff and how much is "exclusive", against how much is "timed-exclusive", and then how much their say neither for meaning it's also coming to XBX as well.

With RE Village for example - is that exclusive or also coming to X do we know?

EDIT: Sorted, just looked it up, it's on PS5, XBX, Steam.

Now Demon's Souls is unveiled, the next big thing would definitely be something by Team Silent in whatever shape or form.

We all know (read: there's been stubborn rumours for a good while now) Sony is doing something Silent Hill-esque.

2 hours ago, petrolgirls said:

I love my Mixamp but why would you continue to use one when the PS5 does it's own far more advanced surround sound encoding?

I don't think there's any reason to, people are just worried about their expensive accessories becoming obsolete. And they kind of are, just not in the sense that you need to go and buy something else.

That said, I hope Sony implements a sidetone feature into the OS like Xbox has. It's a small thing, but not being able to hear yourself speak is disconcerting.

A bit more of a concrete idea of the launch line-up would be great especially from a first party perspective.

Will TLOU2 or Ghost of Tsushima have patches available for enhanced performance at launch? Would be nice.

Give us a a definitive answer on BC. Maybe a PSNow overhaul?

I'm at the station, ready to board the hype train. Just making sure I haven't forgotten anything before I climb aboard.

21 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Sony: So if I'm hearing you right, you want more about Bugsnax and Godfall, yeah?

27 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

I suspect we’ll see at least one big name first party,  title card only panic reveal slated for 2022.

God of War 2.

Killzone Darkest Night edition.

I suspect it’s as likely we’ll have a big third party timed exclusive announcement somewhere off in the distance - elder scrolls 6?

7 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Looking forward to a twenty minute deep dive into some more weapon types in Godfall. “Here’s what a sword does!”

The combat does look quite meaty and skillful. The only negative I can see is small combat areas and only three or four enemies to fight at a time.

3 minutes ago, krenzler said:

Have they said how long the event is? Starts 22PM where I am and need to get up early.

Think I read it will be forty minutes.

Edit, just checked and the official blog states it is:

'Our next digital showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes, and feature updates on the latest titles from Worldwide Studios and our world-class development partners.'

Looking forward to this tonight, doesn’t seem like we’ve heard much about PS5 for a while

I'm still sticking with a £299/$349 price for the disc-less and £399/$449 for the full fat. I also reckon they’ll open pre-orders either immediately or within the next couple of days, certainly before Xbox preorders, with a launch date of either the same as Series S/X or the week before

This launch is probably the biggest open goal in the history of the medium. Nintendo have no plans to interfere. Xbox are banking on a subscription service for last-gen/indie games. If Sony fuck this, I'm getting into cross-stitch. 

6 minutes ago, Freeman said:

Predictions:

They won’t announce a price or date.

Rllmuk will be amazed by what they show, but will also talk about prices for another 2 weeks

if they don’t show a price AND date, of course. Also when they announce that it’s not coming out in Europe till January.

5 minutes ago, Marlew said:

This launch is probably the biggest open goal in the history of the medium.

A few weeks back maybe - but the recent MS pricing news (and the All Access stuff) have upped the ante a bit. They've made Xbox a seriously tempting proposition.

And if Nintendo do have some kind of MH announcement tomorrow, well, it's not going to slow them down that's for sure.

Just now, Marlew said:

This launch is probably the biggest open goal in the history of the medium. Nintendo have no plans to interfere. Xbox are banking on a subscription service for last-gen/indie games. If Sony fuck this, I'm getting into cross-stitch. 

Are you thinking of the current gen, when Microsoft shot themselves in both feet and Nintendo was busy undoing their success with the Wii U?

All three are in a great place, currently.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5 - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Eighthours changed the title to PlayStation 5 | 10 Days - See OP for link to Ultimate FAQ
  • Pob pinned this topic
  • Pob unpinned this topic