IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

On 11/05/2022 at 15:22, Fargo said:

Hard to argue with that when you look at the recent MS first party line up. 

Recent?

Is Forza Horizon 5 shit now?

16 minutes ago, Ry said:

Recent?

Is Forza Horizon 5 shit now?

It was a bit of a bug fest a launch but then GT7 had its issues as well, so I’m not convinced being part of a subscription or not has much to do with it. The general quality of games at launch is pretty shoddy these days.

It deffo had a level of jank that some more time in the oven would have fixed. I had cars crossing the finish line without their wheels moving ages after launch. 

Deffo wouldn’t say it was “shit” though but I’m not sure Fargo was either?

I had no issues with FH5. Then again. I was playing the game early due to VIP pass and had rinsed it in 5 days. Maybe the millions of gamepass members logging on fucked shit up. 

15 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I don’t think being on gamepass is the problem for Xbox first party games. It’s a) there not being enough of them and b) the ones that are coming out not being as good as hoped for many people. 

Isn’t the implication that MS don’t have to/can’t afford to make more of them or make them better because they’re funded by Game Pass?

Not that I think that necessarily holds water.

1 hour ago, David Kenny said:

It was, wasn't it? Maybe it was just me. I loved 4 but found 5 varied between really dull and cringeworthy.

the novelty wore off pretty quickly

same thing happened to me and FH4, despite being the north of Britain.

because FH3 is being a cunt, with the last road traversal. And FH2 is dull  and broken.

i even went back and completed FH1 instead…

I keep meaning to give an ice hockey or nfl game a go - last ones I played were probably on the mega drive - but they’re probably proper geeky sims these days and I’d be lost, not having a clue about either sport. 

54 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I keep meaning to give an ice hockey or nfl game a go - last ones I played were probably on the mega drive - but they’re probably proper geeky sims these days and I’d be lost, not having a clue about either sport. 

My son likes Madden, again via EA Play, I keep meaning to give it ago after starting to watch it more last season. When I walk in the room I’m never sure at first if it’s NFL on Sky or the game, it looks amazing.

Ice Hockey’s just whack a puck and have a fight, isn’t it? 😄

15 hours ago, SeanR said:

Im holding out.

Cos as soon as I put 1tb in mine, prices will plummet, and I’ll find I could have got 2tb instead

like always happens…

I hear you - given the state of the world at the moment though these appear to get more expensive for a time. I'm sure a price drop will eventually happen, but I reckon it will still be £100 for 1TB as some sort of constant

Managed to grab a PS5 from Argos thanks to a post in the stock thread yesterday. Gotta say it's a fucking monstrosity of a thing isn't it? 

It came with a code for Horizon Forbidden West but I've been out of the PlayStation loop since Spider-Man came out. What's essential to get so far, barring what's on PS Plus anyway once it relaunches next month?

27 minutes ago, hereticboy said:

Managed to grab a PS5 from Argos thanks to a post in the stock thread yesterday. Gotta say it's a fucking monstrosity of a thing isn't it? 

It came with a code for Horizon Forbidden West but I've been out of the PlayStation loop since Spider-Man came out. What's essential to get so far, barring what's on PS Plus anyway once it relaunches next month?

Returnal. 

22 minutes ago, Clipper said:

its on the new service on 23rd of June so a fair advanced warning that you dont have to wait THAT long :D

Probably worth checking what tier you expect to use, and see whether it's on that one. 

Anyone here with a Day 1 PS5 noticing that their pad battery life is draining? I swear it's more like 2-3 hours now where as originally it was more like 6-8? PS4 did the same over time.

15 minutes ago, smac said:

Probably worth checking what tier you expect to use, and see whether it's on that one. 

oops yes definitely!

I am looking to get a PS5 in June to save a BIG outlay in one big lump when PSVR2 comes out and I will be availing myself of whichever tier gets me the games cos I'm certainly not buying them! :D

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, monsly said:

PS5 controllers are around £47 at the moment on Amazon and Argos - think that’s a pretty good deal for them.

Cheers for the tip. My pack-in one has developed a bit of an annoying hair-trigger on R2, so I've been meaning to get a new one.

On 19/05/2022 at 17:22, hereticboy said:

returnal is the only essential

10 hours ago, monsly said:

PS5 controllers are around £47 at the moment on Amazon and Argos - think that’s a pretty good deal for them.

for something that might make it 12 months?

Is the power cable just a standard figure of 8 connector? The PS5 I have won is a US machine, so it'll come with the wrong plug, pretty sure the PSU is a global unit so should just need the right cable.

On 16/05/2022 at 12:51, englishbob said:

I've been chewing over for weeks putting some more SSD storage in this thing. Is this the best value 1TB one around with the best specs? Thanks

Corsair MP600 PRO LPX 1TB

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09Q2MW21F/?coliid=I1SSAIIZVDHH33&colid=1MUDS78JTB60S&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I got https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08PHSVW7K/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 for same price; it arrived this afternoon (ordered Thursday evening)

I'm sure like others have posted that the price will be near £100 soon enough; it's been in my basket for months and saw the option to pay in 5 instalments of £26; so that eased it slightly.