IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

1 hour ago, Haribokart said:

I might just be a mad cunt but I could swear having VRR on has actually made performance of GTAV/Online worse for me.

Is it an unsupported game? If so, and it dips back and forth under 48fps, then you get this jarring switch between VRR being enabled vs disabled, so may well be more noticeable.

My PS5 is ready to parp out a controller update, so I connected the Dual Sense as instructed, using the USB cable it came with, but the update button never becomes available and remains greyed out. Has anyone experienced this before? It charges just fine, and changing the cable hasn’t improved the situation. 

I had something similar recently, where the option to update the controller remained greyed out until I wriggled (and held in place) the cable.

Only just on this most recent controller update, using a cable that is normally fine in other situations.

Seemed odd at the time, but managed to get it updated. Didn't think anything of it until I saw your post.

I hate those stupid controller updates. Xbox has been doing them wirelessly since last gen and I think there were like 2-3 over the whole generation. We’ve probably had double that on PS5 already and my PS5 isn’t in the same room as my TV, which makes it even more annoying. 

One of the early ones was explicitly to improve the rumble that the haptics do when they're emulating the PS4 rumble. I don't think they've ever officially said again, but I assume it's all haptics related.

1 hour ago, sofasurfer said:

What do the controller firmware updates actually do? I've always wondered that.

they slowly disable 3rd party pads by emulating stick drift :eyebrows:

Hey folks can someone please answer this question?

My friend has a PS5 with a digital version of Bloodborne installed (not sure if PS4 or PS5 version).

If I buy a PS4 can we set up a gameshare thing where we can co-op the game together without me buying the game?

I assume we need the subscription service to play online so can we share one subscription too?

I tried googling this but got all confusedalized!

Thanks in advance!

I think it's a very limited selection of games that let you do that. 

I really don't think Bloodborne is one of them. 

You need to get your character to a certain state before you can co-op too.

Bloodborne is pretty cheap too.

5 hours ago, Gavin said:

My friend has a PS5 with a digital version of Bloodborne installed (not sure if PS4 or PS5 version).

If I buy a PS4 can we set up a gameshare thing where we can co-op the game together without me buying the game?

I assume we need the subscription service to play online so can we share one subscription too?

Thanks in advance!

Bloodborne is one of the free games you get with PS+ subscription - which I believe you'd need for online play.

Just subbing for a month to PS+ should do the job.

6 hours ago, Gavin said:

Thanks in advance!

Yes you can do that. You would need to login to your PS4 on your mate's account and set it as his primary console and download Bloodborne onto it. 

Because it's his primary console anyone on that machine can play his library of games even if he isn't logged into it. 

Me and my mate have been doing this for years

I think I've mentioned this a whilst back but yeah the controller update system is horrendous for those like me who have a charging station. It's such a faff having to find the hardly used controller cable and connect it just to update the pad. I did it a few times, but soon after there would be ANOTHER pad update, so in the end I just gave up. Now EVERY time I turn on the PS5 I have to say 'remind me later' or something as there is no 'Don't ask again' option.

Insanity. 

9 minutes ago, Capwn said:

I think I've mentioned this a whilst back but yeah the controller update system is horrendous for those like me who have a charging station. It's such a faff having to find the hardly used controller cable and connect it just to update the pad. I did it a few times, but soon after there would be ANOTHER pad update, so in the end I just gave up. Now EVERY time I turn on the PS5 I have to say 'remind me later' or something as there is no 'Don't ask again' option.

Insanity. 

yeah, do it wireless like the series s/x!

worst of all

DS4 micro usb

DS5(!) usb-c

move mini-usb

2 hours ago, Totoro said:

Bloodborne is one of the free games you get with PS+ subscription - which I believe you'd need for online play.

Just subbing for a month to PS+ should do the job.

We've done all the Souls games in co-op on xbox before but don't get enough time to play these days so I'd say it would probably take us a year to get through it, especially because we'll be trying to hunt all the trophies!

So, with that said, if we go halves on a year's subscription on HIS account with my console setup as his home console (and vice versa I assume?) we should be able to play through it that way?

As in, no need to have a subscription each?

Also, I see there are free games per month on PS+ like Xbox Live Gold/Ultimate, can these still be played after the subscription ends?

Sorry if I'm being a bit dumb here!

20 minutes ago, Gavin said:

We've done all the Souls games in co-op on xbox before but don't get enough time to play these days so I'd say it would probably take us a year to get through it, especially because we'll be trying to hunt all the trophies!

So, with that said, if we go halves on a year's subscription on HIS account with my console setup as his home console (and vice versa I assume?) we should be able to play through it that way?

Also, I see there are free games per month on PS+ like Xbox Live Gold/Ultimate, can these still be played after the subscription ends?

It appears under Playstation Plus collection, so not part of the monthly 3 games.

Can't say for sure if it'll stay for much longer when the subscription model changes though!

If you play co-op from 2 different locations and machines i'd assume you'd both need PS+ - I could be wrong though, as i'm pretty new to it myself.

8 hours ago, Capwn said:

Insanity. 

I think I’ve had to do it once since getting the PS5 in January. It seems like just doing the update would be less hassle than having to skip it every time you turn the machine on?

40 minutes ago, Darwock said:

I think I’ve had to do it once since getting the PS5 in January. It seems like just doing the update would be less hassle than having to skip it every time you turn the machine on?

and keep a cable plugged in at all times to insert every time I need to update? No thanks. 

I’ve been doing this since the day it was released. 

6 minutes ago, Capwn said:

and keep a cable plugged in at all times to insert every time I need to update? No thanks. 

I’ve been doing this since the day it was released. 

You don’t need to keep it plugged in “at all times” and there’s a USB port at the front of the machine.

It’s no harder than plugging your phone in to charge.

12 hours ago, Gavin said:

You would both need a ps+ sub yeah

Would he though? I have two PS4s that can both play online on different accounts using one sub. The Pro is always logged into my account, and the regular PS4 just has my account on it as the primary console. 

If his friend had his account set as primary console it would work, no?

17 hours ago, Darwock said:

Ive done one since Feb when we moved and I couldn’t find a lead, loads since ive had it tho - its ridiculous you have to plug it in, even the Switch thats now 3 million years old and made by Nintendo can do them wirelessly ffs…

16 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

You don’t need to keep it plugged in “at all times” and there’s a USB port at the front of the machine.

It’s no harder than plugging your phone in to charge.

I just tried sitting the pad on the PS5 and it didnt update it :( 

Yesss, my brother picked up a PS5 so we're both sorted out now. Told him to set it up ASAP just to get the system updates and controller updates done :D and I reminded him that the PS+ collection exists... but at the same time there's going to be that shake-up of subscription plans, so that's something else to consider.

Speaking of the PS+ collection, I think Persona 5 has left the collection by now (and I bet a ton of you "looks good but I'll wait for it to be on PS+" folk never got around to it. :P ) Still, it enjoys a lot of discounts on PSN and it's a good excuse to jump on the Royal train. :wub: 

20 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

Speaking of the PS+ collection, I think Persona 5 has left the collection by now (and I bet a ton of you "looks good but I'll wait for it to be on PS+" folk never got around to it. :P ) Still, it enjoys a lot of discounts on PSN and it's a good excuse to jump on the Royal train. :wub: 

It’s still there, unless it’s because I added it to my library.