Jump to content
IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!


Eighthours
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Minion said:

had to verify myself by solving 20 fucking puzzles by choosing which mouse stuck in a maze couldn't get the cheese, 6 low res jpgs WTF!!!!

 

Me too. The worse captcha of all time. I couldn't believe it once I'd done 5 of them and then it said '5/20'.

 

It even threw this at me, making the mouse the same colour as the cheese, just to keep me on my toes:

 

Screenshot_20220120-192925.thumb.png.c815f24727ec697b7b6b26f4fecc1294.png

 

Then, when I finally got access to my account, despite have 2 step verification on, I'm met with:

 

Screenshot_20220120-201538.thumb.png.5f6d57bb83cb51a784071616ee437dea.png

 

Rubbish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jamie John said:

 

Me too. The worse captcha of all time. I couldn't believe it once I'd done 5 of them and then it said '5/20'.

 

It even threw this at me, making the mouse the same colour as the cheese, just to keep me on my toes:

 

Screenshot_20220120-192925.thumb.png.c815f24727ec697b7b6b26f4fecc1294.png

 

Then, when I finally got access to my account, despite have 2 step verification on, I'm met with:

 

Screenshot_20220120-201538.thumb.png.5f6d57bb83cb51a784071616ee437dea.png

 

Rubbish.

 

Yeah that fucking thing, it's literally the worse captcha ever I thought they'd been hacked or something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MattyP said:

 

 

Does make me wonder though if I should just stick with the PC as it seems to be where I spend most of my gaming time. Clearly 4K visuals etc doesn't seem to be luring me to the PS5 to play although it's probably the fact I have more options on the PC and a GP sub I make use off 🤔

 

Honestly, I go through this all the sodding time. The last two generations of consoles were a flurry of selling a console, buying another one, selling that one and rebuying another. God knows how many Xbox and PS consoles I've had over the years. I tend to square it away by effectively saying I'm 'renting it' for a while and then getting most of the money back later on. 

 

I mean, at the moment I've got both the new ones, and they're fantastic. But...I just flow right back onto the PC. It just is what I'm happiest using for the majority of my gaming.

 

But, I suspect this time I'll hang on to both for the forseeable. The BC of the Xbox has been absolutely great, and replaying my old faves (that never came to the PC of course) is always great, and the PS5 is...well it's there for those big budget, money no object games that you don't tend to get anywhere else.

 

So, in effect they'll never get the game time that the PC does, but I'm kind of happy to have them staring at me. 

 

Twin monoliths either side of my TV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JoeK said:

 

Honestly, I go through this all the sodding time. The last two generations of consoles were a flurry of selling a console, buying another one, selling that one and rebuying another. God knows how many Xbox and PS consoles I've had over the years. I tend to square it away by effectively saying I'm 'renting it' for a while and then getting most of the money back later on. 

 

I mean, at the moment I've got both the new ones, and they're fantastic. But...I just flow right back onto the PC. It just is what I'm happiest using for the majority of my gaming.

 

But, I suspect this time I'll hang on to both for the forseeable. The BC of the Xbox has been absolutely great, and replaying my old faves (that never came to the PC of course) is always great, and the PS5 is...well it's there for those big budget, money no object games that you don't tend to get anywhere else.

 

So, in effect they'll never get the game time that the PC does, but I'm kind of happy to have them staring at me. 

 

Twin monoliths either side of my TV.

Indeed! I have done similar in the past. Determined not to repeat it this generation.

 

I'm keeping the PS5 for the foreseeable future. Seeing how PSVR turns out. I expect it will he a long wait until the big hitting blockbusters make an appearance on the PS5 though I expect (things like Uncharted type calibre). 

 

Also interested to see what Sony come up with to go up against GamePass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

I'm not doing that goddamn mouse puzzle 20, fucking idiots. Why entering my password isn't good enough I can't imagine. 

When you finish all 20 it asks you for password again then sends verification txt message. Fort Knox!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can spend hundreds of pounds on the store with a simple TFA code but when I want to look at a list of what I've played I need to do 20 puzzles about a mouse and some fucking cheese.

 

I wonder if Aloy will be hunting for cheese in H:FW?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did the mouse puzzle 5 times which I thought was ludicrously excessive, and then the bar refreshed to say 5/20!!!  I sacked it off at that point.

 

WTAF is that all about?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

Those round-up things never work for me either - I think I might have turned off the relevant data collection option and that their error code page needs work.

 

Didn't work here either. Looking in my privacy settings, I'm guessing it's the setting about how much data you share from your PS4: limited or full. I have it set to limited.

 

I at least wasn't subject to any mouse-based torture though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

Those round-up things never work for me either - I think I might have turned off the relevant data collection option and that their error code page needs work.

Same.

 

Thinks I put 1 hour in to Resi 8, which means I'm a speedrunner :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

 

Interesting and very cool! I'm going to get me this! Thanks man!

 

No problem, fantastic for Streets of Rage 4, Sonic Mania, Huntdown...all that good 2D stuff!

 

If you try and play a PS5 game with it you get a system error message which is real shitty of Sony - hopefully there will be a firmware update in the future.

 

A retrobit 2.4ghz wireless pad also works if you use the PS3>PS4 brook adapter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Harrisown said:

Getting your £70 out of ratchet I see Shimmy

 

Luckily it was a £35 purchase off here, too think i was going to get a non disc machine :o still feel mugged, its just such a mediocre game as the whole series has been - i feel like ive played more than 4 hours tho and same with Astro….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

 

Luckily it was a £35 purchase off here, too think i was going to get a non disc machine :o still feel mugged, its just such a mediocre game as the whole series has been - i feel like ive played more than 4 hours tho and same with Astro….

Astro is waaaaaaaaaay better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.