IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

Out of interest, who is running their PS5 on a 4k display?

I'm running mine on 1080p as I don't have a 4k screen in the house, not any great desire to get one just yet. The PS5 games I have still look great, and something like the PS4 version of God of War looks awesome too (which I presume is being down-sampled from 4k).

2 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Wow, I loved the original PS4 version. Is it a new separate version? 

Yeah fiver upgrade though but it has a bunch of extra content too. If you played it already you might not be as wowed as I was as I saved my first playthough for the PS5 version, but I hear it was already a stunner on PS4.

Horizon, TLOU2, God of War have all had 60 fps upgrades, but I would get into Returnal after Demon’s (probably need a lighter pallet cleanser inbetween though) 

2 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Yeah fiver upgrade though but it has a bunch of extra content too. If you played it already you might not be as wowed as I was as I saved my first playthough for the PS5 version, but I hear it was already a stunner on PS4.

Horizon, TLOU2, God of War have all had 60 fps upgrades, but I would get into Returnal after Demon’s (probably need a lighter pallet cleanser inbetween though) 

I never finished it on PS4 so I’ll definitely look at getting the upgrade, I have those others as well so I’ll check them all out.

Thanks for the recommendations. Really enjoying the console. 

7 minutes ago, FishyFish said:

Out of interest, who is running their PS5 on a 4k display?

I'm running mine on 1080p as I don't have a 4k screen in the house, not any great desire to get one just yet. The PS5 games I have still look great, and something like the PS4 version of God of War looks awesome too (which I presume is being down-sampled from 4k).

It depends which TV of course, but yeah 4K with HDR and the games look incredible. 

17 hours ago, Stanley said:

I’m excited to play Returnal as well, and I’ll probably pick up Miles Morales for Christmas because everyone says it’s really Christmassy with all the snow, and the first game is a favourite of mine from the PS4.

Both are excellent picks. Returnal is fantastic. It's not just a great game with awesome gunplay and a great atmosphere, but it's also the best showcase for both 3D audio and the DualSense yet. As for Miles, I actually prefer it to Spider-Man. It's better paced, Miles' combat is better with his extra powers and despite being cross-gen, it's a gorgeous game with a lot of heart.

You've got some good gaming ahead of you. :)

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

Any particular ones you’d recommend? 

Sekiro is amazing on PS5 and a decent screen, solid 60 and it's a really beautiful game in the art department. But as others have said Returnal is a must buy.

It's an oddly-timed promotion, really. You'd think maybe it's to encourage subscriptions for the swathe of new console owners at Xmas, but it expires prior to Christmas Day. So it's for people that don't currently subscribe, but want to play online over Christmas? I don't quite get the timing of it.

Anyone understand how PS+ etc all work for families?

I've bought my son a PS5 for Christmas, which I'd like to feel like is his and be easy for him to take off to uni or whatever in a couple of years. On the PS4 I was the main account, the kids were kids account under my account and any games we bought digitally were mine (mwahaha!) rather than theirs. My subscription is lapsed now though, so can basically do whatever works.

If I want my 16 year old to actually be able to own the games, but not have to buy a PS+ subscription for him and another for me for the same console what should I do?

And am I best of lying about his ages anyway, so he doesn't have to worry about 18+ restrictions, given I don't care about them for him.

4 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

It's an oddly-timed promotion, really. You'd think maybe it's to encourage subscriptions for the swathe of new console owners at Xmas, but it expires prior to Christmas Day. So it's for people that don't currently subscribe, but want to play online over Christmas? I don't quite get the timing of it.

They arent selling many one assumes so they want to try and get the lapsed people back on

Is it mad that I still can't be arsed to update my controllers? Had a PS5 since launch, keeps asking if I want to update controllers every time. I have a proper charger stand thing so I can't be bothered to get out the cable and hook it up just to do an update.

49 minutes ago, Capwn said:

Is it mad that I still can't be arsed to update my controllers? Had a PS5 since launch, keeps asking if I want to update controllers every time. I have a proper charger stand thing so I can't be bothered to get out the cable and hook it up just to do an update.

same, same…

5 hours ago, Alask said:

Anyone understand how PS+ etc all work for families?

I've bought my son a PS5 for Christmas, which I'd like to feel like is his and be easy for him to take off to uni or whatever in a couple of years. On the PS4 I was the main account, the kids were kids account under my account and any games we bought digitally were mine (mwahaha!) rather than theirs. My subscription is lapsed now though, so can basically do whatever works.

If I want my 16 year old to actually be able to own the games, but not have to buy a PS+ subscription for him and another for me for the same console what should I do?

And am I best of lying about his ages anyway, so he doesn't have to worry about 18+ restrictions, given I don't care about them for him.

Yes, much easier to lie about the ages. But don't forget the date you put in! You might need it again to prove you own the account.

PS+ is tied to a single account on the console but all other accounts on the console will have access to play the games and play online. Be aware though, they don't get cloud saves. And they won't 'own' the games in any sense, but I think you can faff with primary accounts to get that (others can clarify I hope)

1 hour ago, Capwn said:

Yes.