IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

16 minutes ago, gospvg said:

I've had issues with CDKeys on redeeming the codes & it took a while to get resolved. So have stuck with Shopto for the last few purchases, the code is available online after you purchase.

Same here, I switched to Shopto for them all after being dicked around my CDKeys. 

4 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Well in, that’s a great deal - definitely getting Demon’s Souls. What else should I get? 

I dunno! From reading the forum, I'm under the impression that all the games cost £70 and none are worth playing, so by buying Demon's Souls you should only have £17 left right?

51 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Well in, that’s a great deal - definitely getting Demon’s Souls. What else should I get? 

Returnal would be the other obvious suggestion, but whether you want two tough hostile games is something you'd want to think about. Miles Morales Ultimate (which includes the Spider-Man remaster) and Sackboy are other, more colourful, friendly and fun options. As would be Ratchet and Clank. NB - I think these Black Friday prices might expire at midnight tonight. Not sure if they'll then drift into the new post-Black Friday sale or not. If you were buying £100 of credit, any of those should fit in that price alongside Demon's Souls.

Loving the console. It seems pretty quiet so far although I haven’t used a disc yet. I have it sideways in my entertainment unit and it seems fine, plenty of ventilation etc. Tried it standing but found it just a bit too tall. 

Bought some credit from shopto in addition to a years PS+ for just under £30, can access that but not the credit, anyone else having difficulties? 

33 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Bought some credit from shopto in addition to a years PS+ for just under £30, can access that but not the credit, anyone else having difficulties? 

I purchased some credit before black friday and retrieved the code fine under digital items.

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

Is it saying “can’t contact Sony” or something like that when trying to view digital item? I bought some earlier, just left it for a bit and then tried again and it worked. Just keep trying basically.

Due to the high traffic, Sony servers are experiencing issues at the moment. Please check again in 4-6 hours. Your codes will be available shortly. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

On ShopTo website.

11 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Is it saying “can’t contact Sony” or something like that when trying to view digital item? I bought some earlier, just left it for a bit and then tried again and it worked. Just keep trying basically.

Yeah it got there in the end. Seriously have to resist the urge to buy more, some good deals at the moment though. 

Astro’s Playroom is just delightful isn’t it, and the pad is something else, basically next gen version of HD rumble. 

Still can’t get over how big the PS5 looks, it’s flippin’ massive :lol:

Bought returnal. 21GB patch.

Downloading at 60Mbits on a 1Gbits connection.
Requires double the download space free on disk to allow for “copying”. 

won’t simultaneously download something else while copying.

I can’t believe people praised this OS a year ago. Or that it remains like this.

18 minutes ago, footle said:

I can’t believe people praised this OS a year ago. Or that it remains like this.

sound is good though. and the control seems tight.

I was flip-flopping between miles morales and deathloop

then I saw deathloop on gamesmaster, and I waivered.

figured if I makes this post, as the sale runs out, I won’t feel so bad about getting neither.

i mean, whichever one I get, it’s going to be on PSplus for January, that’s my luck. 

8 hours ago, SeanR said:

figured if I makes this post, as the sale runs out, I won’t feel so bad about getting neither.

i mean, whichever one I get, it’s going to be on PSplus for January, that’s my luck. 

Get Miles Morales and start it whenever you put your Christmas tree up 🎄 ☺️

14 hours ago, footle said:

Please Underst...wait that's the other chaps isn't it?

9 hours ago, SeanR said:

They won't be any time soon but one of those 2 is published by Sony and 1 by Microsoft.

I'd suggest one of them is considerably more likely to reach PS Plus at some point.