IGNORED

PlayStation 5 - Next gen is here!

Eighthours

2 hours ago, hmm said:

They seem to have greatly improved the experience when both PS4 and PS5 versions of a game being available. I hadn't had to deal with it previously, only read about the problems, but when I put the PS4 disc for Jedi Fallen Order in earlier, it was a very smooth process. The console didn't even initiate the disc copy or patch download for the PS4 version, presumably because it was aware of the existence of the PS5 one, and I got a little box to the side offering the free upgrade. After a couple of clicks to confirm, the PS5 version was downloading and the only extra step was to manually delete the PS4 version's icon from the strip of games at the top (which has a proper name, I'm sure, but that's what I'm sticking with).

I've no idea why it couldn't have worked like this in the first place, but it's pretty good now.

You wanna check it doesn't start installing the PS4 version in the background like it did to me with life is strange. Every time I turned it on. 

Related, I had to download the PS4 version of that Among Us ripoff that's on PS+ currently as seemingly we couldn't play cross generation. Now I have 2 icons for it. Although not for long cos the game's shite so their both going soon

On 17/11/2021 at 14:04, Qazimod said:

I've just received an email for "exclusive access on" the 19th... 🤔

I'm fully expecting a queue system that ends up with a 404 or something.

Looks like my order went through. I went for a disc console just so that I have the option.

I was going to wait until 2022 to be honest, but god knows if the stock situation will be any better. Also it'll give me something better to play Elden Ring on. ;) 

Some decent deals in the Black Friday sale (closes 29/11) on the Store for sure:

Ratchet and Clank - £52.49

Deathloop - £29.99

Returnal: £52.49

Miles Morales - £33.49 (Ultimate edition, which includes the OG Spidey Remastered game is £52.49)

Demon's Souls - £43.39

Sackboy - £34.19

Death Standing Director's Cut - £35.99

I've just looked at the First Party stuff, but there's significant discounts on loads of titles across the board. Well worth a look if there's stuff you're holding out on.

4 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Some decent deals in the Black Friday sale (closes 29/11) on the Store for sure:

Deathloop - £29.99

Miles Morales - £33.49 (Ultimate edition, which includes the OG Spidey Remastered game is £52.49)

Demon's Souls - £43.39

Sackboy - £34.19

Death Standing Director's Cut - £35.99

I've just looked at the First Party stuff, but there's significant discounts on loads of titles across the board. Well worth a look if there's stuff you're holding out on.

If anyone wants disc versions - R&C is meant to be £25 instore at Tesco, Miles £15 & with remaster £30 - heading there in a bit so will confirm

Demon Souls @ Smyths for £30 - https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-5/playstation-5-games/demon-s-souls-ps5/p/191454

2 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

If anyone wants disc versions - R&C is meant to be £25 instore at Tesco, Miles £15 & with remaster £30 - heading there in a bit so will confirm

Demon Souls @ Smyths for £30 - https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-5/playstation-5-games/demon-s-souls-ps5/p/191454

I think R&C is a Clubcard Price based on their website.

1 hour ago, Calashnikov said:

RE VIIIage got its arse slashed open for Black Friday. Can’t mind how much for but do remember just thinking “goddam, that’s it’s arse being slashed wide open for Black Friday.”

I've had a slashed arse. Not once did I appreciate its slashing :( 

A heads up for anyone who is looking for an SSD for their PS5, the WD SN850 1TB is currently £119.99 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD_BLACK-Internal-Gaming-Technology-speeds/dp/B08KFS6THF

You'll also need a heatsink which are 10-12 quid.

It's the cheapest it's ever been, but I guess there's always a chance it could go lower on Black Friday.

I've ordered one today and if the price drops next week I'll be cheeky and ask Amazon's live chat to refund the difference and see what happens.

9 hours ago, cubik said:

A heads up for anyone who is looking for an SSD for their PS5, the WD SN850 1TB is currently £119.99 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD_BLACK-Internal-Gaming-Technology-speeds/dp/B08KFS6THF

You'll also need a heatsink which are 10-12 quid.

It's the cheapest it's ever been, but I guess there's always a chance it could go lower on Black Friday.

I've ordered one today and if the price drops next week I'll be cheeky and ask Amazon's live chat to refund the difference and see what happens.

I have that in my PS5 and it’s certainly a good job. Even so, I’ve just over 1.6 TB to work with and I think I’ll have to get an external SSD for storage purposes at some stage. There’s still a lot of games at over 100gb.

21 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

Demon's Souls - £43.39

There is a point where describing it as a sale should probably be illegal.

11 hours ago, cubik said:

In my experience with price drops on Amazon (I bought a 5Tb external HDD to use with my PS4) they made me place a new order at the offer price, wait for it to arrive, and then return it on the OG order number!

Unbelievable faff!!

My PS5 has arrived and is set up; I’m just downloading some things to try. :wub: 

DualSense input detection was a bit spotty at first - is that a thing? I turned other devices (Bluetooth etc) off, tried placing the console vertically and horizontally, and waited for all of the updates to install, as well as connecting the controller directly. Seems less flaky now...

E: also my X button isn't always responsive unless I push down firmly, although I think this is improving after a few presses…

E2: booted it Sunday morning and X operated like a normal button. Although I did only test it for a couple of minutes!